Senior Bowl Week

Would love this to happen, but just based upon supply & demand & the team’s needs in this year draft, I don’t think he sneaks into the 1st round. QBs, WRs, OTs, & CBs are going to dominate the 1st round. There’s going to be several QBs who have no biz being in the 1st round get drafted b/c there’s so many teams desperate for QBs & they’ll reach.

I don’t think S is a 1st priority this yr, but we’ll see.
Buffalo needs safeties desperately, all things considered, Hyde appears to be retiring with neck issues, Poyer will be cut most likely as a cap casualty, Rapp is a FA, and Hamlin is only on the roster so he gets his accrued time for disability with his heart. We have 0 safeties, if Kam shows up and interviews well in Indy I can see Buffalo grabbing him if the WR run is on going before 28

Advertisement
Buffalo needs safeties desperately, all things considered, Hyde appears to be retiring with neck issues, Poyer will be cut most likely as a cap casualty, Rapp is a FA, and Hamlin is only on the roster so he gets his accrued time for disability with his heart. We have 0 safeties, if Kam shows up and interviews well in Indy I can see Buffalo grabbing him if the WR run is on going before 28

That’ll be a good fit, but I see a lot of mocks have u taking a CB. It’ll be interesting to see

I hope so; gives me more than Rousseau to cheer for on the team. Heck at one time we had McGahee, Parrish, and Everett all on the same offense, I need more Canes in Buffalo.

Oh I remember; I’ve had a soft spot for Buffalo since Kelly. I still remember the brutal SB loss against NYG like yesterday. Know exactly where I was and exactly how I reacted off the missed FG. I wouldn’t say Buffalo is my 2nd team b/c I don’t really believe in that, but I will say I follow them a bit more closer than any other team to win. Ya’ll also need to do something w/ Diggs; I HATE his body language. I found it interesting that Jordan Brand disassociated itself from him w/in 2 yrs which is unheard of.

Oh I remember; I’ve had a soft spot for Buffalo since Kelly. I still remember the brutal SB loss against NYG like yesterday. Know exactly where I was and exactly how I reacted off the missed FG. I wouldn’t say Buffalo is my 2nd team b/c I don’t really believe in that, but I will say I follow them a bit more closer than any other team to win. Ya’ll also need to do something w/ Diggs; I HATE his body language. I found it interesting that Jordan Brand disassociated itself from him w/in 2 yrs which is unheard of.
Weirdly enough, he's been considered an absolute amazing teammate regardless of body language. He's a super expressive person and I don't think that's ever been different, even going into college. His brother is a problem though and every week Stefon isn't the star player Trevon is like free my brother. People read into how he expresses himself a ton more than necessary, besides, this year he'll be in Buffalo regardless, his dead cap hit is 31 million if traded now, and 10 this year and 15 next year if post June 1st... we're 43 million over the cap lol ain't happening.

I've kinda moved on from WR round one to S round 1, WR round 2, and DT round 3 is what I'd do.

Advertisement
Saw some 11x11 clips in practice and JWill looks like a fish out of water at LB. Tentative, not very intuitive, etc. will be an interesting transition.

Saw some 11x11 clips in practice and JWill looks like a fish out of water at LB. Tentative, not very intuitive, etc. will be an interesting transition.
There’s too many physical tools there for teams to let him drop that far. Half the draft picks are based on measerables and testing.

I hope so. But dude reminded me Ray Ray Armstrong from day 1 without strong tackling and read/react skills. IMHO he should have been working his way closer to the line from day 1. If teams are patient he could be a good one. But he’s still super raw.

There’s too many physical tools there for teams to let him drop that far. Half the draft picks are based on measerables and testing.

We’ll see. I’m not convinced he’ll test very impressively and I think SB practice week will cause him to drop a bit. Probably a 4th rounder (at best). IMO.

Advertisement
Off head he can play for Baltimore, Dallas who have similar players to him in Kearse and Hamilton.

With the advent of these beastly tight ends him having some ability to cover them and mix it up tackling a bit may keep him a middle round guy.

Need to run 4.7 or better and have solid bench numbers.
no way he is gonna have solid bench numbers IMO. when did he ever S&C at Miami?

Being an obstinate and myopic A$$ has probably cost him not only draft stock, but it has been the kind of developmental handicap that can prevent a guy getting to a second contract.

He’s praying for patience from a league that has none.

It’s frustrating we ended 7-6 when you look at the guys headed to the pros. LT, Cohen, Kam, Lee, JW. They aren’t the 2000 Canes but they were certainly good enough to win a lot more games. How many other ACC teams will have 5 guys get drafted?
you are surprised the team went 7-6 because the team had 5 mid round draft pics?

Advertisement
Being an obstinate and myopic A$$ has probably cost him not only draft stock, but it has been the kind of developmental handicap that can prevent a guy getting to a second contract.

He’s praying for patience from a league that has none.
yup, Miami played right into it as well. I can forgive Manny for allowing it because it was probably the only reason JW went to Miami. Mario needed to have the hard, matter of fact conversation though when he got there. JW wasted 3 development years playing a position he had no business or chance of playing at the NFL level. I foresee a very short NFL stint.

Advertisement
No, now he is forced to play LB, its his only path to stick in the league
Being a coach I don’t like to bash kids. At 18-22 if I had the knowledge that I have at 42 I’d be further along than I am now! He seemed **** bent on playing safety when you see not one safety in the NFL over 6’3. Guys over that height are too stiff to play on the back end. He should have spent these years learning different skills like covering tight ends and slots, playing the the rat and learning pass rush moves. I would have had scouts come in and give me a feed back on him so I can hand it off to him and his family! He should have had a trusted confidant or family member in his ear telling him if you want a long NFL career move your *** down! Also pause @Confidence1000 don’t you bring your *** in here! 🤣

Advertisement
Back