Senior Bowl Week

Advertisement
Taking my son to The Star tonight for the east west shrine game. Matt Lee and L Taylor are there, although LT isn't practicing, which probably means he isn't playing.

Anyone know why they're on the West roster? Apparently not determined by actual geography.

wonders it would be him and Tyrique Stevenson back to back with Stevenson performing as a rookie and it then becoming a recruiting selling point for Addae
Yup Rique looked good this season too. If they don't sign Jaylon Johnson he might be in line for an even bigger role

Also we have some canes in coaching positions in......Ephraim Banda and Clint Hurtt that might not have been stated ...

as im typing this BAanda is on nfl network speaking on James and Kam Kinchens and offering them in high school. I think he is calling plays in the sr bowl

Advertisement

Can someone highlight what this report means by "Not going to be for every team" but then says if a team covets size and power he is a developmental option?

I am just confused by the sentence structure. He starts off by saying he is not for every team, which is prob 90% of the players in the draft but I assumed he was going to follow-it up with a why or what the reason is but then adds the qualifier if you like size and power, which okay, what NFL team does NOT covet size and power on the OL? I guess a few that require smaller OL for different pulls etc? And then concludes he is a developmental option. It read like a backhanded compliment but I have not been following close enough to see if there is something glaring about Cohen this guy was trying to relay.

He's been approached for that since his sophomore season here. Mario insisted on it initially but James was against it. He's always been against it even while everyone told him all the negatives to him and his build playing that position. He's just finally seen what everyone has told him and his health has been a constant issue because he does zero to put on necessary muscle. You can't play to that level of contact if you don't add necessary muscle. If he would've jumped on this plan early lord knows where he's getting drafted at.

Would he have transfered out if they had forced the issue? I can understand the suggestion, but it doesn't sound like it was ever an ask.

Would he have transfered out if they had forced the issue? I can understand the suggestion, but it doesn't sound like it was ever an ask.
He almost transferred last season anyhow cause he didnt like the discipline. It was **** close to being colorado type **** a few times before year 1 because dudes were resistant to the business approach. Under Mandy **** was laid back. That ended the second he left. & it definitely was an ask. Better yet a suggestion. But the thing about Mario is a person's word means something to him. James was promised the ability to play safety here. He got every opportunity possible outside of telling him u ain't suiting up at safety no more. This season was the compromise & I personally think it showed very well for him.

Advertisement
Baby Tua out here making some plays in East /West game.

People crazy if they wouldn't have wanted him.

Don't see LT or Lee playing.

I have a feeling LT is going to drop.

Kam could push himself to the first round if a team needs a safety, and he runs well on top of this Senior Bowl week.

I think he was more 40-60 range coming into the week.

I don't think he goes any worse than mid second. He's a great kid. Very likeable and very passionate. Great leader has plus speed and ball skills. His issues are tackling and his eyes betray him at times. He's not a bad tackler at all but he let James rub off on him with all these shoulder rubs. That **** won't cut it at his size in this league.
He sat down on a number of routes the last two years you wouldn’t expect or want him to, but who knows how much of that was pressing to make a play that wasn’t his to make. The shame of it is that he did some of that with Ivey and Stevenson in front of him, and I’m not sure how that Dbackfield got so disjointed at times. I’d expect Kam to be the type of player who plays his role cleaner in the NFL. In some ways, maybe because of his height/build, his style reminds me of Brock Marion, who IIRC wasn’t drafted as high as I expect Kam to be, but turned out a nice career.

It’s frustrating we ended 7-6 when you look at the guys headed to the pros. LT, Cohen, Kam, Lee, JW. They aren’t the 2000 Canes but they were certainly good enough to win a lot more games. How many other ACC teams will have 5 guys get drafted?

Bro, let’s talk facts…this is just another long line of frustrating seasons.

U think the 2023 team was frustrating going 7-6; what about the 2014 team that had 7 draft picks including two 1st, one 2nd, & two 3rd round picks. That team went 6-7 my guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kam is going to have a lot of CIS disappointed when he gets drafted in the 1st round...

Would love this to happen, but just based upon supply & demand & the team’s needs in this year draft, I don’t think he sneaks into the 1st round. QBs, WRs, OTs, & CBs are going to dominate the 1st round. There’s going to be several QBs who have no biz being in the 1st round get drafted b/c there’s so many teams desperate for QBs & they’ll reach.

I don’t think S is a 1st priority this yr, but we’ll see.

FWIW I think Both cam and James Williams will run better than expected 40 yard dash times if they run.
Both will make a lot of money if they run sub 4.5 especially James. But if he’s runs like a 4.48 or so at 6’5 230 that’s great for him. I can See cam running like a 4.46 40
Smoke Weed GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Stephen A Smith Sport GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
i probably have him locked above round 3 right now. His size isnt elite but it was enough at that 5'11 200+.

I have comped him to Kevin Byard coming out.

This safety class aint all that and it being more of a passing league may propell him. If he can runin that 4.5 that may propel him even more i think all the teams will like him interviewing.

close to locking him in the second with chances at 1st round
Locked above round 3 isn’t really going out on the limb. Would expect 30-45 range.

Bro, let’s talk facts…this is just another long line of frustrating seasons.

U think the 2023 team was frustrating going 7-6; what about the 2014 team that had 7 draft picks including two 1st, one 2nd, & two 3rd round picks. That team went 6-7 my guy.

You're trying to ruin my weekend. @Mklein13 what drink do you prefer to clear your mind of negative energy? I'm assuming it's beer, so if so, any particular brand?

You're trying to ruin my weekend. @Mklein13 what drink do you prefer to clear your mind of negative energy? I'm assuming it's beer, so if so, any particular brand?
Ah man a beer sounds good now but I gave it up for the time being. I’m back in fitness mode training for the Chicago marathon. But my beer of choice would be Michelob.

Baby Tua out here making some plays in East /West game.

People crazy if they wouldn't have wanted him.

Don't see LT or Lee playing.

I have a feeling LT is going to drop.

Kam could push himself to the first round if a team needs a safety, and he runs well on top of this Senior Bowl week.

I think he was more 40-60 range coming into the week.
I’ve said from the jump I thought LT should have stayed another year if he wanted a first round pick…you have to be waaaaay above average to be a 1st round pick and as much as I love the kid and wish him all the best I just don’t think he was that much above average but I’ll admit I’m no talent evaluator so I’m hoping for the best..

Advertisement
Back