Self-Imposed Bowl Ban

Advertisement
Here is my prediction (which is as worthless as everyone elses):

- We self impose a reduction of 5 scholarships towards football this year.
- NCAA reduces 7 scholarships per year for 3 years (21 total) (Note: Only lose 2 next year if we reduce 5 this year).
- NCAA imposes a football conference championship and post season ban for next year
- NCAA imposes a basketball conference championship and post season ban for next year

It will hurt but not even close to being as bad as originally thought, and does not kill the program by any means.

Advertisement
2 bowls and 21 scholarships is a huge punishment

NCAA will probably have us vacate some wins

I thought about that, but I think vacating wins is a moot point right now. The 4 year window involved players that were already punished and served their penalties. I know they can go back beyond but I dont think they will do that for wins.

I dont think that is that bad all things considered. I know the story was sensationalized but between what the players served this season, Dequan Jones, and Tyrone Moss, it does show that some of the story was true.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2 bowls and 21 scholarships is a huge punishment

NCAA will probably have us vacate some wins

We got 1 year bowl ban and 30 scholarships for taking money from the government with Pell Grants and having the staff involved. They would take away 2 bowls and 21 scholarships for a total of $6000 tops between 10 players. Are you kidding me? Where do you guys come up with this sh*t. How about we stop speculating the worst.

Has the NCAA announced they are going to investigate us for LOIC? If not then this may not be that bad. I think 14 schollies and no bowl ban.

I'm glad we are getting a year of no bowl out of the way and hopefully it will signal to the NCAA that the University is serious in trying to clean things up. Hopefully this helps with recruiting as well, as you can tell the kids you may not miss a bowl game since we decided not to go this year.

Advertisement

- NCAA reduces 7 scholarships per year for 3 years (21 total) (Note: Only lose 2 next year if we reduce 5 this year).
- NCAA imposes a football conference championship and post season ban for next year
- NCAA imposes a basketball conference championship and post season ban for next year

It will hurt but not even close to being as bad as originally thought, and does not kill the program by any means.

Self imposing a scholarship loss this season makes zero sense. IF we are looking at taking at scholarship hit the next few years, stocking up with a full class of players this year is a must.

Self imposing a scholarship loss this season makes zero sense. IF we are looking at taking at scholarship hit the next few years, stocking up with a full class of players this year is a must.

They are not going to look out for what is best for the football team but the university. If reducing schollys limits the overall penalty, they will do it.

They are not going to look out for what is best for the football team but the university. If reducing schollys limits the overall penalty, they will do it.

They are not going to willfully reduce schollys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back