Self-Imposed Bowl Ban

According to all reports we've been as cooperative as possible with the NCAA. I'm sure they have a decent sense that a bowl ban is probably apart of the sanctions otherwise I don't see any reason to do it.

My question is, why did Boise St get off so easy?

Not to be a **** but when was the last time the NCAA was consistent or published a infractions=penalties rulebook? They can do whatever they want and make whatever ruling they want with or without evidence.

Advertisement
Senior class was implicated. They should take the hit. Good move.

This was my initial thought as well. The largest group of offenders was in this senior class so it's only fair...if this in fact can lessen any penalties that may be forthcoming then this is the right move, especially after the crappy season we've had.

RT @slmandel: Very convenient of Miami to wait and see what its options are (at 6-5, they're not good) before deciding to self-impose a bowl ban.
3 minutes ago

Lol ******* douchebags

Advertisement
RT @slmandel: Very convenient of Miami to wait and see what its options are (at 6-5, they're not good) before deciding to self-impose a bowl ban.
3 minutes ago

Lol ******* douchebags

Weak sauce from a weak reporter. Surely this will be the prevailing opinion of the media. But honestly, who really cares?

3 minutes ago

Lol ******* douchebags

DOnt you have to wait you are eligible to self impse a bowl ban

3 minutes ago

Lol ******* douchebags

Who cares what oswho mandel thinks. They should have self banned last year and didn't.

And obviously it is smart to do it this year.

Advertisement

Weren't their indiscretions relatively minor compared to the allegations against us? ****, weren't they minor period?

Boise State had already self-imposed the probationary period in the wake of violations involving more than 75 prospects and student-athletes across five different sports. The NCAA added six scholarship reductions in football to the three the school had already taken away and cited the school for "lack of institutional control."

"Boise State failed to establish an adequate compliance system to report NCAA rules violations with regard to impermissible housing, transportation and other benefits to prospective and enrolled student-athletes. The university failed to provide adequate rules education and training to staff members to ensure compliance.

The Committee on Infractions cited recruiting, impermissible housing and transportation violations in the football program during the summers of 2005 through 2009. In particular, the committee noted that the football violations occurred over a lengthy period of time and involved 63 prospective student-athletes.

I'm not sure if that is minor or not. That charged Boise with lack of institutional control something that I think is still up in the air in the Miami case.

Like someone else said the NCAA isn't really consistant so I'll just wait, see, and hope for the best.

Weren't their indiscretions relatively minor compared to the allegations against us? ****, weren't they minor period?

Pretty sure they had coaches, that are still on the staff, that paid for lodging for football players. I think they also let recruits stay at the coaches houses and provided meals.

Advertisement
Mandle's comment is pure idiocy. How can Miami self impose a bowl ban if they weren't even sure they were going to be bowl eligible until Sat night?? What a raging cvnt.

Advertisement
This makes me think the administration knows a lot more than everyone else about the NCAA investigation then the public. They know that we don't skate and they're doing things to make the NCAA take it easy on us. NCAA has more on us then everyone thinks.

**** this sucks. Our season ends Friday :(

Season flew by.

I know, it really does suck. Oh well I'll just say that it's for a better future for the program and I'm ok with it. The season really did fly by though.

This makes me happy. If USC would have done this two years ago before going to the freaking Emerald Bowl, they'd be playing in a BCS bowl this year instead of sitting out...

Advertisement
Back