Seems Holley (DT) is gone

Advertisement
Bad enough that cam was shaky has a backup anyhow - now he’s gone? Really hoping 33 can take the next step and that 12 balls out this year. Not too hopeful on either but one can hope

In steps Quintin:

Note that Miami says "Defensive Line"; for pure ends, miami labels them "Defensive End". So it's definitely established he is at least being cross trained.

1627070956896.png

1627070854110.png

It's ridiculous how few kids we've lost to the portal these past few years, let alone suspensions and academics. All while adding a ton of high-end key players. We're up 10 games in the Portal League over whomever is in 2nd place.

You're going to lose a few here and there for various reasons, no one goes 100-0. This is small potatoes. Tae is the one that stings, bad. But if that's the only big domino over a couple of years, you take it in a second. Look at most of the other top teams, they've all lost key pieces out of the blue. We've often been the beneficiary. I mean, we've taken away QB D’Eriq King, WR K.J. Osborn, DE Jaelan Phillips, DE Quincy Roche, DB Bubba Bolden, K Jose Borregales, WR Charleston Rambo, DE Deandre Johnson, and CB Tyrique Stevenson. Big. Who am I missing? Oh Williams and the UNLV kid on the OL.

We be slaying. Speed bump, that honestly might help with numbers anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure how any of these three cases, Avante, Cam, or Holley is bad optics.

Avante got himself in serious legal trouble and the team dismissed him. The appropriate response. The bad optics would be is he had a history of violent behavior and the team overlooked it.

Cam did not do what he needed in order to meet academic requirements. All on Cam.

Holley appears to have not worked out, so he’s transferring. So what?

Advertisement
Advertisement
These type of things happen on every team, good teams and bad teams.

As a matter of fact, disirregardless of any success, or lack thereof, we are well below average compared to other teams in terms of these types of negative events, whether it’s player criminality, player transfers, or players jumping into the portal.

But we have porsters that are just champing at the bit waiting to to paint these uncommon events at Miami as somehow portents of doom.

The Ides of March are upon us, Holley no longer gyrating on the sidelines.

Clutch your pearls, ladies.

Advertisement
So does Holley end up at a Kennesaw State or Georgia State? I don’t think he’s a P5 talent. I don’t know what to think of Cam. We’ve had upperclassmen at DE for the last 3 cycles of DEs so it hard to evaluate what you don’t get to see.

Advertisement
Back