Seems Holley (DT) is gone

tv land dammit GIF by #Impastor

This gif goes real well with your avatar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do. They took him, they take the fallout when it doesn't work out. Evaluating prospects goes beyond just checking heights and 40 times and watching film.
But if they didn't take him, you'd probably say "How do you let the #1 safety prospect in the country go to Oregon, bro?"

The coaches certainly have to deal with the fall out in terms of how it affects the team, roster numbers, recruiting, etc. Sometimes you have to take risks though, and sometimes those risks don't work out. However to blame the coaches for his actions is idiotic. I could be wrong, but i highly doubt they are fostering an environment within the program that promotes beating women, particularly one who is 7 months pregnant, allegedly.

Wasn't Holley one of the kids who was very ill with COVID? He didn't participate in spring, I believe.

And wasn't Cam one of the Academic redshirts his first year?
Correct on both. Holley got hit with the COVID bug bad and apparently lost a tonnnn of weight. Don't recall his spring status.

Cam was academic RS his first year, he was a mid 3* most people thought he needed to reshape his body and technique and would be a 2-3 year out player regardless .Got some decent PT last year. This also likely means many more snaps for McCloud at DE. People rag on him as LB but I am glad we have him now. Maybe LT plays some DE as well.

Advertisement
Wasn't Holley one of the kids who was very ill with COVID? He didn't participate in spring, I believe.

And wasn't Cam one of the Academic redshirts his first year?
Yup, I remember Cam being the latest addition And many even thought he’d be our first academic casualty in years.

Amazing when the academic year was mostly simple participation of a zoom meeting for a class.

Advertisement
But if they didn't take him, you'd probably say "How do you let the #1 safety prospect in the country go to Oregon, bro?"

The coaches certainly have to deal with the fall out in terms of how it affects the team, roster numbers, recruiting, etc. Sometimes you have to take risks though, and sometimes those risks don't work out. However to blame the coaches for his actions is idiotic. I could be wrong, but i highly doubt they are fostering an environment within the program that promotes beating women, particularly one who is 7 months pregnant, allegedly.

All I said is that the coaches don't escape accountability. Blake and Manny are running the show, and what goes on under the tent represents their efficacy.

Did you really never wonder why Baga, O$U, and Clem$on weren't after the guy? I'm not saying you don't take risks. But when you do, and get burned, you pay the price. It's pretty simple and doesn't require all that much rationalizing.

Advertisement
Interesting timing as isn't it too late to transfer w/o sitting out at this point? Pretty sure the deadline to enter your name in the portal and be eligible for this year passed at the beginning of the month.

I agree it is bad optics, but we also have seemed to work wonders getting kids qualified who still do not pan out (JT4) Cam has been here a few years, he should know what to do, like this seems he simply wasn't showing up to class at all.

I wonder if Tae situation has any impact on Singletary recruitment? I know long shot to begin with but wasnt it Tae and Trob facetiming him at paradise and I think they had the same 7v7 coach. I get Tae has no one to blame but himself, that still wont stop him from thinking UM turned its back on him and him relaying this feeling towards others.
Could very well be that coaches are helping him get his life in order as best they can even with him being dismissed from team…

Advertisement
Back