Seems Holley (DT) is gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_20210723-153444_Instagram.png

Not so much worried about DT like DE.

Ford, Miller, Nesta, JHH is a solid and very experienced 4

DE on the other hand...
Who is our 4th?
4th? ****, who’s the 2nd behind DJohnson? Harvey better be ready for primetime because he has virtually nobody pushing him now. That was going to be Cam. Smh.

Advertisement
Why would Roberts and Taylor not play DE? You definitely would have to slim down Taylor is he is sitting at 300. Roberts at 270 is the right size to play SDE.

Thinking ahead, but we could lose 4 DTs after this year with all of our top 4 leaving if JHH takes that next step. We will lose 3 at bare minimum.

Point is, we need to sign 3 DTs ...

Correct on both. Holley got hit with the COVID bug bad and apparently lost a tonnnn of weight. Don't recall his spring status.

Cam was academic RS his first year, he was a mid 3* most people thought he needed to reshape his body and technique and would be a 2-3 year out player regardless .Got some decent PT last year. This also likely means many more snaps for McCloud at DE. People rag on him as LB but I am glad we have him now. Maybe LT plays some DE as well.
Yeah man so glad to have McCloud as are starting DE. Sick. Awesome. Dope.

The reality is that we have not been hit with many transfers. We knew this would eventually happen. Probably not the end of it.

I wonder if Manny contemplates any of the smaller DTs (Elijah, JHH, Q. Williams) moving to DE? For what seems like forever, we've consistently recruited 230-245 lb DEs. I look at the elites (Clemson, OSU, Bama) and they're constantly fielding 270+ guys at end that can both rush the passer and stop the run. I'd love to follow that model and have bigger DEs. Let's look like an NFL line across the board.

Advertisement
The reality is that we have not been hit with many transfers. We knew this would eventually happen. Probably not the end of it.

I wonder if Manny contemplates any of the smaller DTs (Elijah, JHH, Q. Williams) moving to DE? For what seems like forever, we've consistently recruited 230-245 lb DEs. I look at the elites (Clemson, OSU, Bama) and they're constantly fielding 270+ guys at end that can both rush the passer and stop the run. I'd love to follow that model and have bigger DEs. Let's look like an NFL line across the board,
I think our model at DE is doing just fine we just put 3 in the league and 2 in the first round. and the guys we recruited are not slouches.

Advertisement
Not too worried about the guys leaving.... Look this happens to every team in the country pretty much.... Guys don't work out and they leave... Yea it sucks cause it's "Us" but this happens every year.... I mean we are the "Portal Kings" right??? Ya know why we're the Portal Kings??? Because we took a bunch of guys that didn't work out or wanted to bail from somewhere else....

Yeah man so glad to have McCloud as are starting DE. Sick. Awesome. Dope.
lol I am just saying dude has to be close to retiring at this point and he is at least a grown man in the trenches. Also his biggest issue at LB is likely neutralized with his hand in the dirt. I have hope. not much. but hope.

Advertisement
Back