Secret tapes unraveling high school

Keep telling lies. Doesn't make them true.

Was I talking to you?

But ok.... Want receipts?
1950F112-084A-48D0-A762-7D949ECCF522.png
D0C0E10B-0AFF-4A44-A2A9-4C2BAAB5439E.png
1434AB3A-FBF4-4264-8BF8-0ED82A2C6259.png
9F72E801-5E3F-4002-83FA-46BEB791510A.png

Show me the lie?

Now everyone watch the backtracking and feverish responses lol

Advertisement
That’s what Sam Jankovich said that n the mid-‘80’s when we lost a recruit we badly wanted and we were sure there was money involved. I believe that was the 1985 recruiting season and it still hasn’t happened. I guess the only theory would be under reporting of income but Ive never heard of anyone making a credible report to the IRS. Maybe it’s happened, I don’t know.

it seems schools that lose a recruit are very unlikely to report on the program who cheats, either to the IRS or the NCAA.

All valid points.

I'd also say that a lot has changed since then. The Patriot Act has a lot of stuff in it related to legal identity and control over bank accounts and cash transactions. Forensic accounting is getting better and better. More and more transactions are able to be compiled, sorted, and analyzed with the computing power that was not available in 1985.

****, it's hilarious to go back and watch an old Hitchcock movie, or a crime movie from the 80s or 90s, and then realize there is SO MUCH MORE technology available today that can track your path or capture you on camera or document your conversations.

Whether the IRS is going to get involved? Who knows. Of course, we didn't expect the FBI to get involved with illegal recruiting in college basketball, until they did. We didn't expect the government to go after rich parents who make "contributions" to universities to get their idiot children accepted, until they did.

I'll believe it when I see it. Show me. But it's definitely a possibility.

I've previously written on this here before. The tax ramifications would be a slap on the wrist for most and there are many judicial districts across the country where the district court judges simply don't like Title 26 tax charges. There is no IRS-CI agent that would approach this with a Title 26 tax charge. The appropriate charge is a Title 18 1341 or 1343 mail or wire fraud charge used as a specified unlawful activity to carry out the scheme and artifice of violating the NCAA rules followed by a Title 18 1956 or 1957 money laundering charge for the subsequent financial transactions. These are routinely charged at the federal level for all sorts of schemes from romance schemes to mortgage fraud to general fraud. The money laundering table used in federal sentencing guidelines is second to none and the money laundering statutes carry forfeiture provisions with them. I can confirm IRS-CI and the FBI will absolutely get involved, the problem is getting the information into the hands of the right people and the right USAO before the statutes have tolled. These investigations aren't worked overnight.

Was I talking to you?

But ok.... Want receipts?
View attachment 144863View attachment 144864View attachment 144865View attachment 144866

Show me the lie?

Now everyone watch the backtracking and feverish responses lol

More lies from you.

All you do is lie.

You've tried this crap before. It's, literally, the only thing you post about anymore. Your personal attacks on me.

It's your only reason for existing. You search on my name, and then you try to start ****e with me. Do you have your one glorious CIS post snapshotted and saved on your computer so that you can bust it out as easily as Al Bundy talks about his "four touchdowns in one game" accomplishment?

I think that is true in many areas of law.

Tax tends to be a bit different. First, the outcome is not just "put someone in jail", there is also the recovery of money. Which, of course, helps to fund the lawsuits themselves. Second, there is the "deterrent" factor. You don't have to put all the tax criminals in jail if you manage to scare most of them straight. Third, there is an increasing trend towards holding corporate officers and directors liable if their behavior substantially deviates from fiduciary responsibility.

I think there is an important takeaway here, and that is the IRS has NOT previously litigated these types of cases very often. It might be lucrative if they did. I tend to think that tiny-***** redneck wannabe-moguls are easier nuts to crack than the guys who work on Wall Street. We'll see.
The context for that was from a conversation with an assistant US Attorney about gun laws. I asked what use they are when you see prosecutions for gun crimes on the decline. He explained basically what I just said. Low hanging fruit.

Tax violations I can understand being different to a point, but how much investigation and evidence would be required to get a conviction for bags compared to plenty of other areas?

Advertisement
More lies from you.

All you do is lie.

You've tried this crap before. It's, literally, the only thing you post about anymore. Your personal attacks on me.

It's your only reason for existing. You search on my name, and then you try to start ****e with me. Do you have your one glorious CIS post snapshotted and saved on your computer so that you can bust it out as easily as Al Bundy talks about his "four touchdowns in one game" accomplishment?

Can you explain the lie?

I didn't direct **** at you. You jumped in my messages buddy. Also what personal attack? Someone is getting sensitive. I simply posted for this dude to not try and reason with you. I said you made a "last laugh" argument where you posted salary figures.

You called me a liar.

I posted the screen shot where you literally said "last laugh" then posted a link to salary figures.

I am confused, please enlighten us CIS peons with your wealth of knowledge on all things everything.

Despite clear evidence of UGA and Bama cheating, Miami will be the only team to face NCAA sanctions because Garcia signed with us.
Sports Illustrated tried to shut us down completely. Look where they are now - I don't hear them mentioned anywhere and they certainly aren't foremost on the magazine racks any more. On the other hand, Miami remains very much alive and thriving.

The context for that was from a conversation with an assistant US Attorney about gun laws. I asked what use they are when you see prosecutions for gun crimes on the decline. He explained basically what I just said. Low hanging fruit.

Tax violations I can understand being different to a point, but how much investigation and evidence would be required to get a conviction for bags compared to plenty of other areas?

Hard to say. Another poster ("U Wouldn't Understand") clearly has more knowledge on the investigation/prosecution side in federal court, though there could certainly be differences at the state court level for state income tax avoidance.

That's why the FBI investigation on the basketball recruiting was such an eye-opener. For a long time, we were told that everything was just too "small potatoes" for the feds to really care about. Not sure if some of the momentum came from the fact that corporations were involved (adidas), but suddenly you saw that there were wiretaps.

U Wouldn't Understand is correct in his assessment that a traditional investigation of financial crimes takes a lot of time and effort. The process can be accelerated if you "get people on tape" or have an informant or someone else involved who cracks while being questioned.

You probably need a combination of factors in one big successful case before you could get investigators, prosecutors, and judges interested in these cases. Prior to 2 years ago, did anyone care about rich parents getting their kids into college through questionable donations?

I mentioned forensic accounting. I think that forensic is better once you have a good idea of the crime that has occurred. Forensic would be able to help show that "Family A" did not have the financial means to purchase a house or a car or anything else WITHOUT the six-figure payoff. But forensic takes time and is not as good for initially figuring out who committed the crime and how.

U Wouldn't Understand is also correct that quite frequently the legal system operates on what it is familiar with, and that if you can pursue a case with well-established legal pathways (particularly with the teeth of the money laundering statutes), then you go in that direction. At the same time, nobody knew Vincent Bugliosi before the Manson trial, and he tried a novel approach. Nobody really knew Rudy Giuliani before he started putting away mobsters where others had failed to do so. If an energetic prosecutor can find a high profile case, you might see a departure from what has happened in the past.

I look at this all with a mixture of optimism and cynicism. I'm not predicting that something will happen. But sooner or later, these "poorly kept secrets" are going to catch the attention of someone who wants to make a career out of it.

Remember the Connecticut AG who sued UM and Shalala for leaving the Big East? That guy is a US Senator now.

Advertisement
Can you explain the lie?

I didn't direct **** at you. You jumped in my messages buddy. Also what personal attack? Someone is getting sensitive. I simply posted for this dude to not try and reason with you. I said you made a "last laugh" argument where you posted salary figures.

You called me a liar.

I posted the screen shot where you literally said "last laugh" then posted a link to salary figures.

I am confused, please enlighten us CIS peons with your wealth of knowledge on all things everything.

You are a liar. You lied multiple times. ****, your Urkel "did I do that?" post above is just a disingenuous and fake bunch of crap.

"I didn't direct **** at you". False. You LITERALLY referenced me. What, you're going to play some childish game of "but I was just talking to Cash Money Cane"? If you wanted to have a private conversation with your boy while you consoled him, where nobody could see what you said and nobody could comment on it, you should have DM'd him.

"You jumped in my messages buddy". Untrue. These aren't "your messages". You were busy fellating Cash Money Cane on an open thread, not a DM. Cut the Eddie Haskell routine.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I'll make it brief, because you will undoubtedly stalk me for years to come, as you recycle some old screenshot. You can continue to selectively quote yourself and act like you established something that you never established. Attorneys are paid more than a "base salary", which is the only part of the link you ever quote. No need to explain complex concepts to a lying rube like yourself. You will continue to take your victory laps and act like you did something. You're still a clown that everyone else laughs at.

Advertisement
You are a liar. You lied multiple times. ****, your Urkel "did I do that?" post above is just a disingenuous and fake bunch of crap.

"I didn't direct **** at you". False. You LITERALLY referenced me. What, you're going to play some childish game of "but I was just talking to Cash Money Cane"? If you wanted to have a private conversation with your boy while you consoled him, where nobody could see what you said and nobody could comment on it, you should have DM'd him.

"You jumped in my messages buddy". Untrue. These aren't "your messages". You were busy fellating Cash Money Cane on an open thread, not a DM. Cut the Eddie Haskell routine.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I'll make it brief, because you will undoubtedly stalk me for years to come, as you recycle some old screenshot. You can continue to selectively quote yourself and act like you established something that you never established. Attorneys are paid more than a "base salary", which is the only part of the link you ever quote. No need to explain complex concepts to a lying rube like yourself. You will continue to take your victory laps and act like you did something. You're still a clown that everyone else laughs at.

Ok my guy... I can see where this is going. Keep grasping at straws. Have a blessed day.

How long until you stalk me and try this crap again? Might be time to toss out "your receipts" and try a new schtick.
You literally cannot let stuff go can you? Like it is impossible right? Have to get the last word?

and stalk you? You legit post dumb a$$ **** with zero substance in every **** thread. I can't open one without seeing some of your ****.

And again I am still waiting on you to tell me the lie where I said you had a last laugh argument and posted a link to salary figures. Answer that simple question for me. You pick and choose what you want to answer then resort to corny references then claim personal attacks.

Listen man just do you, I already said have a blessed day now run along and enjoy your 99k year BASE salary as you share a malt shake with two straws with NYSOM listening to snoop dogg and feverishly search the NCAA bylaws for IC references.

Advertisement
It's a bit of a misdirect here.

If you gave a bunch of people $10K gifts, you don't have to file a gift tax return.

If you give a bunch of people $50K gifts, you should file a gift tax return, and then you reduce your (eventual) estate tax deduction.

For the record, it is generally the GIVER who pays the gift tax.

Also, even if gift tax is not imposed, you should still FILE.

A gift tax is a tax imposed on the transfer of ownership of property during the giver's life. The United States Internal Revenue Service says that a gift is "Any transfer to an individual, either directly or indirectly, where full compensation (measured in money or money's worth) is not received in return."[1]

When a taxable gift in the form of cash, stocks, real estate, or other tangible or intangible property is made, the tax is usually imposed on the donor (the giver) unless there is a retention of an interest which delays completion of the gift. A transfer is "completely gratuitous" when the donor receives nothing of value in exchange for the given property. A transfer is "gratuitous in part" when the donor receives some value but the value of the property received by the donor is substantially less than the value of the property given by the donor. In this case, the amount of the gift is the difference.

In the United States, the gift tax is governed by Chapter 12, Subtitle B of the Internal Revenue Code. The tax is imposed by section 2501 of the Code.[2] For the purposes of taxable income, courts have defined a "gift" as the proceeds from a "detached and disinterested generosity."[3] Gifts are often given out of "affection, respect, admiration, charity or like impulses."[4]

Generally, if an interest in property is transferred during the giver's lifetime (often called an inter vivos gift), then the gift or transfer would not be subject to the estate tax. In 1976, Congress unified the gift and estate tax regimes, thereby limiting the giver's ability to circumvent the estate tax by giving during his or her lifetime. Some differences between estate and gift taxes remain, such as the effective tax rate, the amount of the credit available against tax, and the basis of the received property.

Exemptions

There are two levels of exemption from the gift tax. First, gifts of up to the annual exclusion ($14,000 per recipient for the years 2013 thru 2017 and $15,000 for 2018 thru 2020)[7] incur no tax or filing requirement. By splitting their gifts, married couples can give up to twice this amount tax-free. Each giver and recipient pair has its own annual exclusion; a giver can give to any number of recipients and the exclusion is not affected by other gifts that recipient may have received from other givers.

Second, gifts in excess of the annual exclusion may still be tax-free up to the lifetime estate basic exclusion amount ($11.58 million for 2020).[8] For estates over that amount, however, such gifts might result in an increase in estate taxes. Taxpayers that expect to have a taxable estate may sometimes prefer to pay gift taxes as they occur, rather than saving them up as part of the estate.
When are you scheduled to be on PBS?

Look, you've always been an arrogant individual who likes to brag about what he does, as if that purchases additional respect or credibility.

All you have to do is look at your "if you even know what that is" line. Yeah, I have an LL.M. in Tax Law. I "know what that is".

But, yeah, you are pretty ignorant. Not just because you don't know things (and CONTINUE to yap as if your "investment banking knowledge" is on point here), but because you continue to sneer at others who are simply trying to provide accurate information to rebut your misstatements.

I don't know how to convince you as to how ridiculous your statements are, so I'm going to stop trying. I'll leave you with a couple of real world realities that show just how misguided your "spoiled grandchildren" nonsense is. First, if you honestly believe that the loss to an estate for non-filing would be only "another hundred thousand dollars", that's your choice. But you're wrong.

More importantly, if you had paid even a few seconds of attention to any of the "booster" cases that have ever been publicized, you would realize that no wealthy booster actually reaches into his own pocket to fund "winning another ring". These cases will ALWAYS involve a booster using a legal entity, such as a business or charity, to disguise the true nature of the dealings. So while these boosters LOVE to have people think that the beneficence is coming from them personally (and the first layer of analysis and discussion would certainly involve the individual booster, since a student-athlete usually has no idea whether that booster will ultimately hide that payment on the books of a legal entity), the reality is that the forensic accounting will usually find the substance of the illicit transactions buried within a legal entity. Therefore, the boosters are usually throwing around other people's money (which they may, in fact, have control over).

You are entitled to think that if the IRS (and/or state revenue departments) finally wades into this area, that nothing will happen. That's on you. You are free to underestimate this jeopardy if you so choose. But I guarantee you, the next big fight that Donald Trump faces will not involve the launch of his social media platform, but will be with the legal authorities in New York (both fed and state).

And tax prosecution usually does not end well. Or cheaply.

Beautiful post, & accurate af.

I always say this: The IRS took down Al Capone; not the FBI, the IRS. Why? B/c all of the under the table chit that wasn’t accounted for. Inconsistencies w/ record keeping. It amazes me til this day how ppl don’t understand how powerful the IRS is, and when they decide to poke their nose at anything, they are more vicious than a pit bull. They will dig & dig & dig until they find a dollar that wasn’t owed to Uncle Sam.

If the IRS decided to get involved, I promise u, all of this under the table shenanigans that’s gone unnoticed with quickly become noticed & cease to exist.

You literally cannot let stuff go can you? Like it is impossible right? Have to get the last word?

and stalk you? You legit post dumb a$$ **** with zero substance in every **** thread. I can't open one without seeing some of your ****.

And again I am still waiting on you to tell me the lie where I said you had a last laugh argument and posted a link to salary figures. Answer that simple question for me. You pick and choose what you want to answer then resort to corny references then claim personal attacks.

Listen man just do you, I already said have a blessed day now run along and enjoy your 99k year BASE salary as you share a malt shake with two straws with NYSOM listening to snoop dogg and feverishly search the NCAA bylaws for IC references.

The first sentence is hilarious. YOU are the one who has stalked me on multiple threads and keeps posting the same tired old screenshot.

I don't give a ****e about "the last word", but I'm not going to sit here while you continue to lie about me and post selective ancient screenshots.

Clearly, you are the one who was triggered then, and you are triggered again. This thread is the evidence. I said NOTHING about you. I was arguing with Cash Money Cane. But YOU had to fly in from the top rope, unsolicited, to resurrect your old grievance against me.

That's why nobody respects you. It's hilarious. You are so stupid that you project your own shortcomings (not letting stuff go, always having to get the last word, posting dumb-a$$ stuff with zero substance) onto other people.

I'll make a bold prediction. Sometime in the future, not long from now, when other adults are having a grown-up conversation, you will return to attack me with the same bullsh!te screenshot.

Cookie917 schtick. He's got receipts.

Advertisement
Back