SEC Rant take on 2001 Miami

Uom2001

Sophomore
I’m sure this topic came up since 24/7 ranked the top title teams since BCS/Bowl Coalition era. 2001 Canes came in at #2. Just an off-season thread with some interesting takes.

Advertisement
you crazy snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
I’m sure this topic came up since 24/7 ranked the top title teams since BCS/Bowl Coalition era. 2001 Canes came in at #2. Just an off-season thread with some interesting takes.

Comical to think any sec team could hang with 2001 canes
X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

Most say Miami was badass as we know but 20 years later and those teams are still getting the deserved recognition. The mid-90s Nebraska teams as well. NU dominance did coincide with our mid 90s BS with the NCAA, pell grant, etc… Went to that ‘94 Orange Bowl. Nebraska was on the cusp against FSU.

Advertisement

Flawed argument and has nothing to do with who the team "beat" that year. You can only beat who is on your schedule.

The talent on the team and what became of so many of those players over the years—the bevy of first round draft picks, Pro Bowlers, leaders and future Hall of Famers. A running back stable four-deep with Portis, McGahee, Gore and Davenport.

Andre Johnson. Jeremy Shockey. Bryant McKinnie. Jon Vilma. DJ Williams. Ed Reed. Not to mention guys like Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow II on special teams as freshmen.

The team was an anomaly and the most stacked with next-level NFL talent—in an era when there was no football factory like Alabama, where Saban gamed-up the system.

People trying to unwrite history two decades after the fact—most not even around to see that team doing what it did—hardly a shock in 2021.

*** em.

So, 2000 Miami beats UF 37-20 and 2002 Miami beats UF 41-16. But for some reason 2001 Miami would get beat by 2001 UF???
Yeah, right!!!

Always loved that flawed Gators logic. Miami would've destroyed those clowns in Pasadena. Only wish we got the play them instead of Nebraska.

Advertisement

Bama is the most overrated dynasty ever Saban was losing 4 games a year at lsu and couldn’t make it in nfl yet he goes to bama and locks down every top recruit. They didn’t even recruit kids and last minute they flip but espn and ncaa love them so it’s all good

Advertisement

That sites name is perfect for that crap "Tiger Droppings" LOL

You know I tell these mindless clueless mopes here in Louisiana and social media all the time that the only reason the SEC, and Alabama in particular, have done as ”well” as they've done the last 10 years or so is because they are “made men in the NCAA crime family. For example, let's say 30-35 years ago, teams like Oklahoma with Barry Switzer, Nebraska with Tom Osborne, USC with Pete Carroll and John Robertson before him. These guys won championships and played for championships and did it for the most part with kids just as talented as the one that Alabama cheats to get to year after year, come to their University. Now I'm not dumb enough to think that these kids were not getting money under the table . What I am saying is for the most part,all these kids at those schools I just mentioned, wanted to be there. So people from SEC country Spit out there bag of diarrhea about the 2001 Miami Hurricanes team being overrated, it is just confirms to me that they are really dumb or that they do like the NCAA does and NCAA I just look the other way.

Hope you all can understand all that as I was in a bit of a hurry.

This might not be a popular opinion around here but I always try to favor intellectual honesty over biases, fandom, etc. soooooo let me say this....

.....I actually think Alabama COULD hang with our 2001 Canes.....

.......IF you allowed Sabag to form an All Star team from all the teams he's had there.....

.....AND if by hang you mean give a respectable performance until the 2001 Canes pull away by 2 tds in the 4th quarter as Shockey is left completely alone in the end zone and Andre Johnson makes Baga's DBs look like middle schoolers. And this doesn't even account for potential turnover points by our secondary against a mediocre array of Baga QBs. But but but Tuaaaaaa. Yeah, Big Game Tuaaaaa. FOH.

Advertisement
Back