SEC Rant take on 2001 Miami

I hope the SEC goes down like the O'doyle family

car crash o doyle GIF

Advertisement
Why did we only win 1 title??? We got screwed out of playing for it in 2000 and 2002 we got screwed by the refs, who are these SEC dopes that don't remember that? 1 ranked team in 2001??? What do they call our last 2 home games of that season, Syracuse and Washington? We beat those 2 ranked teams 124-7 in consecutive weeks, it was the most dominating team I have ever seen.

Advertisement
And they can’t say “It’s too tough to do in the SEC.”
Teams that have done it in the last 25ish years from the SEC:
Alabama multiple times
Auburn
Tennessee
LSU (multiple times as one title had 2 ties and another undefeated)

I’ve lately come to the conclusion that the best teams of all time (Obviously undefeated) can be measured by how many times they trailed and by how much.

The reason I think the 2001 Canes are probably the best team ever is how little they trailed. There were only 2 times they trailed, 7-6 against Pitt, and 3-0 against VT.

I think that for how great they were the close games, particularly the VT game, shouldn’t have been close. I wonder if Coker had the team motivated against VT because it didn’t seem he was doing that.

Advertisement
I’ve lately come to the conclusion that the best teams of all time (Obviously undefeated) can be measured by how many times they trailed and by how much.

The reason I think the 2001 Canes are probably the best team ever is how little they trailed. There were only 2 times they trailed, 7-6 against Pitt, and 3-0 against VT.

I think that for how great they were the close games, particularly the VT game, shouldn’t have been close. I wonder if Coker had the team motivated against VT because it didn’t seem he was doing that.
I don't think Coker could motivate anybody, but the team was motivated for that VT game, but played conservative the 2nd half. We were up 20-3 at halftime and were statistically dominating them. Took the foot off the gas in the 2nd half (like Coker did all season with exception of Washington) and ended up too close for comfort. We had 23 first downs to VT's 11. VT also scored on a punt return. I think both teams had a few turnovers and I know we had a ton of penalties to stall drives.

Long story short, the 2001 Miami team is still the best team ever and its not even close, even with Coker's dumbass acting as the head coach.

Funniest reply in that thread.

"Boston College had them beat until Ed Reed did Ed Reed ****."

I literally laughed out loud at that.

The 2001 roster was the most talented in college football history. I’m not quite sure why not, but they should’ve crushed everyone. They were certainly by far the most dominating team at home I’ve ever seen. They gave up 17 points the whole season.
The only reasons that I think could possibly explain the road struggles were Coker perhaps not motivating the team. There were minor issues like receiving depth and sometimes the running game stalled. But it’s probably all on Coker.

Advertisement
Back