SEC Floodin south Florida this week

LMAO at since Randy left. From February of 09 to the time he got fired was easily the worst period of crootin that any coach had strung together since the 70's around here.

To answer the question great players and a mediocre Miami program and coach right now is why everyone is down here.

Advertisement
they're just here for the urban beach week.

and if they can take a few recruits along for a ride, sobe it.

Advertisement
It used to be the south Florida talent was unknown outside of south Florida, except for a limited number of big names. There were no national recruiting publications located in or near south Florida, and there would be talent at the bigger schools that went under the radar. Now, more and more of those names are getting out. Some of it might have to do with the camps, or maybe more national recruiting services that spend more time down there. We could get kids that nobody outside of our coaching staff, and maybe UF or FSU, knew about.

Advertisement
no ****, its summer, they finally have the freedom to fly cross country to see recruits. this is a recruit hotbed, if you arent down here you arent doing your job, smh...but go ahead with your bleakness

Brother please, Tennesee never recruited down here like this..they are making rounds in all the inner city schools.... you need to do your research

Wait.......... is this actually a thread claiming that Randy kept studs here?! He was the one studs were starting to get away from and with all the talent here every school with a pulse would sniff around here no matter what

no ****, its summer, they finally have the freedom to fly cross country to see recruits. this is a recruit hotbed, if you arent down here you arent doing your job, smh...but go ahead with your bleakness

Brother please, Tennesee never recruited down here like this..they are making rounds in all the inner city schools.... you need to do your research

Tennesee through around money a few yrs back when they had their bagman AntRON Wright or whatever.

Every BIG TIME sec school always came down here...Bama didnt as much but they were visible..Auburn has always.heck they have a pipeline in Dillard High..UF...UGA pulled a few when they stuck their nose in a few times..

This isnt new vern....not at all...but this sec lovefest has to stop.....i really hate it. SEC this..sec that who gives a f....as sorry as we were i woulnd tfear going against any of their top dogs last yr...i know fsu would of handled all of them...so should we start screaming acc>>>??

Advertisement
Wait.......... is this actually a thread claiming that Randy kept studs here?! He was the one studs were starting to get away from and with all the talent here every school with a pulse would sniff around here no matter what

Near the end of his tenure, it was as if Shannon gave up.

Golden shows the relentlessness Shannon never did, but closing has been a huge issue over the past couple of cycles.

Near the end of his tenure, it was as if Shannon gave up.

Golden shows the relentlessness Shannon never did, but closing has been a huge issue over the past couple of cycles.

I can never speak enough to it how Shannon treated Miramar like the plague I mean it was sickening being at Miramar and knowing Stedman/Geno/Ivan would all be locks here and after that without even following UM recruiting that much you know that he's just a coach that will not recruit certain schools regardless of the talent. I back up Golden recruiting wise because I know he will go hard for every school but i know this, Shannon was turning off many kids the last 2 years

Tennesee through around money a few yrs back when they had their bagman AntRON Wright or whatever.

Every BIG TIME sec school always came down here...Bama didnt as much but they were visible..Auburn has always.heck they have a pipeline in Dillard High..UF...UGA pulled a few when they stuck their nose in a few times..

This isnt new vern....not at all...but this sec lovefest has to stop.....i really hate it. SEC this..sec that who gives a f....as sorry as we were i woulnd tfear going against any of their top dogs last yr...i know fsu would of handled all of them...so should we start screaming acc>>>??

Yup, not just in '05 but heavy in '09, as well. These schools have always been down here dropping $. ****, when Antron was at the K, Pitt and NC State were throwing around 10K per prospect (these weren't all big time prospects). Go look up the rosters in the early 2000s from those schools and you'll find a bunch of south florida kids.

Advertisement
209.gif

the hilarity of this gif

It used to be the south Florida talent was unknown outside of south Florida, except for a limited number of big names. There were no national recruiting publications located in or near south Florida, and there would be talent at the bigger schools that went under the radar. Now, more and more of those names are getting out. Some of it might have to do with the camps, or maybe more national recruiting services that spend more time down there. We could get kids that nobody outside of our coaching staff, and maybe UF or FSU, knew about.

Some retards still do not understand this, its why we have fallen n haven't got up.

I don't know about "never." I have a recollection that there were some south Florida kids who signed with Tennessee in the '80's. Hard for me to remember names, now but I think there might have been at least one or two from Carol City. If they are down there in bigger force now, well, you would know that better than I would.

In further reference to my post up above, I think it might have been Bowden who commented on how many schools and how big they were, and how hard it was for FSU to know about some of the under-the-radar kids, who turned out to be pretty good. Back in the '80's, FSU competed very well for the big names down in SFla. In fact, they took quite a few from us.

You know, our success, as well as the success of the other two big state schools has convinced a lot of programs that the area is loaded. We are, in a sense, victims of our own success.

Some retards still do not understand this, its why we have fallen n haven't got up.

It's much much tougher now. Another factor that might be attracting out of state schools is the fact south Florida, and I guess the whole state, has spring football. I'm not sure all states do. Florida might be unusual. Here again, most of my knowledge goes back to the '80s, when I was more active and spoke to more people. I live in the D.C. area, and I heard Rubin Carter, former UM great NT and Denver Bronco was then on the coaching staff at Howard. I gave him a call. Rubin was down in Florida recruiting. I spoke to his roommate, a former Bronco player and assistant who had just left the Bronco staff (Several assistants on defense had been let go, Rubin among them, I believe) I think this fellow was Charlie West, who later ended up coaching for the Patriots. He told me the big reason for the success of Florida athletes and the attraction of out-of-state colleges was due, in part, to the formal spring football programs, and that made the players better. If that's true, it would be great if Florida schools had the resources to match the Texas high schools, who seem to have such good coaching and facilities.

Advertisement
Back