Season predictions

Advertisement
We’re going to be really bad. Any team with a defensive pulse is gonna hold us under 65 points
We're pretty bad defensively, can't rebound, don't shoot 3's very well, and don't share the ball. Hopefully, they can figure it out along the way. However, I'm still hopeful for some kind of postseason action.

We're pretty bad defensively, can't rebound, don't shoot 3's very well, and don't share the ball. Hopefully, they can figure it out along the way. However, I'm still hopeful for some kind of postseason action.
Yeah I mean you can hope but I don’t see one thing on the court we would have an advantage in right now. I guess just hope McGusty and Wong go nuclear for an entire season?

This is a roster full of seniors. If they haven't figured it out by now, they likely never will.

This is a roster full of seniors. If they haven't figured it out by now, they likely never will.
I think the lineup and the rotation can be tweaked. FAU made their big come back with Sam, Jordan, Kam, Wong, and Charlie on the floor. That lineup just doesn't work well together.

Advertisement
I think the lineup and the rotation can be tweaked. FAU made their big come back with Sam, Jordan, Kam, Wong, and Charlie on the floor. That lineup just doesn't work well together.
I've said it in a couple other threads, but my lineup would be Joseph, Wong, Kam, Walker, and Sam. I'd give Wooga a good amount of minutes off the bench and delegate Moore and Jordan Miller to situational roles.

I've said it in a couple other threads, but my lineup would be Joseph, Wong, Kam, Walker, and Sam. I'd give Wooga a good amount of minutes off the bench and delegate Moore and Jordan Miller to situational roles.
For me, Joseph, Wong, Kam, Sam, and Rodney would start. Charlie, Wooga, Jakai/Beverly, Jordan, and Ant would come off the bench.

Advertisement
For me, Joseph, Wong, Kam, Sam, and Rodney would start. Charlie, Wooga, Jakai/Beverly, Jordan, and Ant would come off the bench.
It depends on matchups. I'd only start Rodney if the other team has a huge center (As we did last night, both Rodney and their 7 footer had multiple fouls very quickly). Otherwise, I highly prefer to go smaller and more athletic and start Ant.

I also would like to see what Robinson can do.

What's the over/under of offensive rebounds against FSU both games? I'll start. I'll be generous, 4. As for conference play, we'll be lucky to be 4-16. Virginia and Pitt right now are horrible and we play them both on the road...lol.

It depends on matchups. I'd only start Rodney if the other team has a huge center (As we did last night, both Rodney and their 7 footer had multiple fouls very quickly). Otherwise, I highly prefer to go smaller and more athletic and start Ant.

I also would like to see what Robinson can do.
If you're an ACC program that needs to think about matchups against FAU you've got problems.

1st round of NIT I would think is a high bar. I root for the boys, but it seems like we are on a much lower talent/coached level that most.

Advertisement
With all due respect, your friend sounds like he may have some personal issues that is clouding his assessment. Miami isn't going to the FF this year, and may have a ceiling as a bubble NCAA/NIT team, but to call them bottom tier is a joke. Then again, it's obvious that your friend didn't pay attention to the Nova game, or just ran with the narrative from the score sheet. Miami had that game in hand the entire time and kept taking their foot off the gas. Nova's style, which leads to a ton of shots helped keep them in the game, when a team that played at a normal pace would have been out of it just because they aren't going to shoot 90 times in a game. We also know that these freshmen will be significantly different 2 months from now, than they are on opening night, in an exhibition.

Never mind that it was an exhibition, and there were a lot of guys just getting back into the swing of things. Miami rebounded like dogcrap that game, which appeared to be better against Canisius. That said, that will be an issue all season, because Miami doesn't have nearly enough bigs to plug in. This team has obvious flaws, but also some extremely strong points. They are the kind of team that has a legit star in Wong, a solid second option in McGusty and a ton of young, athletic guys. The thing that will hold this team back is a legit big. That's why missing on a big in the offseason hurt so much. Miami has a competent big on the roster, this is a team that could work their way into the tournament. Think about that. Miami is one or two decent(Not spectacular, just decent) bigs away from being a solid bubble team.
Lmaooo. Stay away from basketball discussion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back