Season outlook

Before anyone calls me a slurper hear me out.

Our first 3 FBS opponents are a combined 11-1 (sole loss is App state losing to Miami). We knew what Bama was going in, MSU was just a BAD matchup for us personnel wise (we still should’ve won if we could TACKLE and King didn’t give the ball away 4 times) and we knew we would get App States best shot. Miam’s ACC opponents are a combined 18-14 and I can guarantee that Bama would roll all of them, MSU would probably go 7-1 against them and app state would beat UVA, Pitt,nFSU, V tech, G tech and Duke and would give UNC/Nc state FITS.

Point is I believe our hardest opponents are out of the way. I also believe that a lot of our offensive struggles has been King and his health. On defense it’s mainly been Tackling and LB speed (hopefully infusing TAC, Brooks and Keontra Smith when he returns the overall speed is improved and it is expected that tackling will naturally improve as the season wears on.

We have a real chance to take the ACC this year. Clemson is BEATABLE UNC is not what we thought they’d be, V tech isn’t all that and Pitt has a lot of flaws. If we can clean up Penalties, Tackling, turnovers and WR/TE drops we can beat anyone in the ACC. don’t get it twisted either, all of those are fixable (each one is part mental/confidence as well).

We will be adding Clarke on OL, TVD/Garcia (IMO both are better natura QBs than King. Unfortunately it’s apparent that he is not the same QB he was in 2020 after his injury) Knighton at RB (NEED to see more Cody brown as well as well as Brinson/B Smith/J George at WR)

On D adding TAC/Brooks at LB should help alot (more Williams/Kitchens over Hall too)
Soon we will add K smith back at WLB and will add Avantae at safety the week we play
Nc State

Call it a bold take if you will but until I firmly believe Miami is in position to claim the ACC. Our hardest opponents are behind us and our guys should be juiced up realizing the ACC is there for the taking.

Your Avi is me reading your post

Advertisement
I like your optimism, but simply winning the Coastal or even the ACC is not enough. They need to win 8 straight starting Thursday night. If they win 8 straight, they have a 10 win regular season and the Coastal title. To do that, they will have shown discipline play which is the biggest reason for their difficulties in the first 3 games of the season.

The only good thing that comes out of last week was the amount of real game action for Miami's young guys. You can't say these guys are really even any good because of the level of competition. We'll see how they do on Thursday, hopefully they have their **** together, but I'm not confident they can turn it around.

Our first 3 FBS opponents are a combined 11-1 (sole loss is App state losing to Miami). We knew what Bama was going in, MSU was just a BAD matchup for us personnel wise (we still should’ve won if we could TACKLE and King didn’t give the ball away 4 times) and we knew we would get App States best shot. Miam’s ACC opponents are a combined 18-14 and I can guarantee that Bama would roll all of them, MSU would probably go 7-1 against them and app state would beat UVA, Pitt,nFSU, V tech, G tech and Duke and would give UNC/Nc state FITS.

Point is I believe our hardest opponents are out of the way. I also believe that a lot of our offensive struggles has been King and his health. On defense it’s mainly been Tackling and LB speed (hopefully infusing TAC, Brooks and Keontra Smith when he returns the overall speed is improved and it is expected that tackling will naturally improve as the season wears on.

We have a real chance to take the ACC this year. Clemson is BEATABLE UNC is not what we thought they’d be, V tech isn’t all that and Pitt has a lot of flaws. If we can clean up Penalties, Tackling, turnovers and WR/TE drops we can beat anyone in the ACC. don’t get it twisted either, all of those are fixable (each one is part mental/confidence as well).

We will be adding Clarke on OL, TVD/Garcia (IMO both are better natura QBs than King. Unfortunately it’s apparent that he is not the same QB he was in 2020 after his injury) Knighton at RB (NEED to see more Cody brown as well as well as Brinson/B Smith/J George at WR)

On D adding TAC/Brooks at LB should help alot (more Williams/Kitchens over Hall too)
Soon we will add K smith back at WLB and will add Avantae at safety the week we play
Nc State

Call it a bold take if you will but until I firmly believe Miami is in position to claim the ACC. Our hardest opponents are behind us and our guys should be juiced up realizing the ACC is there for the taking.
Rather lose and end the Diaz experiment then give Miami admin a reason to not fire him and put them on the hot seat to make real changes here

FOR THE MUTHA ******** RECORD:

In 2019, we lost to UF, and UNC, before obliterating BCU 63-0.

We finished 6-7

In 2018, we lost to LSU before smoking Savannah St 77-0.

We finished 7-6

The moral? Don’t let the 69-0 taste fool u. Beat UVA on a short week, then let the optimism fest begin.

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1632650576018.jpg

Nc State

I love your video breakdowns but what you describe above will never happen for the simple reason that this is literally the least fundamentally sound and worst coached football team I have seen in a very long time.

Add to that the fact that Diaz loves these games against FCS schools because he can play all free and loose but as soon as we play a team with a pulse which describes the ACC no matter how bad they seem he goes into play not to lose mode and he puts the offense in a shell and has his defense play that super soft zone. No chance my friend.

UNC just simply isn’t what we thought they’d be. They just got pummeled by a G Tech team that lost to NIU. I can guarantee you if there is one game outside of FSU that Miami will get up for it’ll be UNC. Especially after the last two years. Manny will make SURE Miami is up and prepared for that game.
Manny will make sure??....he hasn't made sure of anything except unprepardness for any team with a pulse for 3yrs...

Advertisement
What we'll see on Thursday is the evolution of Manny Diaz. He recognized that playing experience was killing him and mid flight changed philosphy's going for physicality and play making. Gaynor got moved to the bench. Mallory will lose minutes to the bigger more physical Arroyo. James Williams is an animal so Hall may never start again.

How many drives going back into last year were thwarted due to wide open drops? It seems like we've repaired this just by changing personnel. Brinson, George and Rambo have shown good hands this year.

You can't know how last weeks game translates but it was full speed, we executed and it was against other college players so its much better than any practice we could have had.

I think we edge UVA and it boosts our confidence.

All the weak teams are now the strongest in ACC , we are NOT mentally strong to compete against there hunger and ferocity to feed.
The slightest miscues of any kind we collapse to poor me lamb I moistened my pants now what help me attitude.

Sad stuff to watch , I refuse to ignore what my eyes see , national televised Thursday game NOT GOOD.

Advertisement
Man I wonder if dudes watch any other football except Miami games. We are the worst coached football team in all of college football man. Both of our interior lines are soft as **** and our linebackers sucked. Our seniors are sucking it up, it seems like last year when they were no people in the crowd they played great, as soon as the stadiums opened back up they reverted back to their JAGness. We suck bro and will probably lose 5 more games, but I loved you in Jackass Steve-O. We

Possible, yes. Probable, no.

There is a glaring weakness on both sides of the ball and our opponents have blueprints for how to exploit them.
Post of the day right here, spot on the feeding begins Thursday night in ACC play .

Boys this season in ACC play will be the worst and bloodiest since we joined.

The word is out about us , sad thing we don’t have the stomach to change the poor Lamb mindset we come accustom to embrace.

I’ve been very harsh in my posting because “ tough love “ is needed no other way to say it.

I will not watch and stay idle no more KOOLAIDE.

If it stinks IT STINKS, perfume or air freshener doesn’t take away A HUGE DUCE IS RELEASED AND FLOATING soon enough it will stink again TILL FLUSHED AWAY.

This means for COACHES and PLAYERS !!!!!

Advertisement
UNC just simply isn’t what we thought they’d be. They just got pummeled by a G Tech team that lost to NIU. I can guarantee you if there is one game outside of FSU that Miami will get up for it’ll be UNC. Especially after the last two years. Manny will make SURE Miami is up and prepared for that game.
Agree. I watched that UNC game. Howell holds the ball too long now - they have zero run game without their NFL backs. They are raging to fire Searels.
Manny NEEDS to continue working the young guys in this week - they have a fire and desire that the older guys simply don't have anymore. They also believe in themselves which goes a long way in these kind of games.

Manny needs to seriously tighten up the secondary this week or he won't give the team a shot versus Armstrong. They cannot run; so Armstrong will rely on his arm to pick us apart. The "bend not break" defense will be shredded. If the defense can get to Armstrong, that will help. But that hasn't shown itself to be the case so far. It could end up being a shoot out type game if the defense can't take away some of the passing game.

If we can clean up Penalties, Tackling, turnovers and WR/TE drops

I'm sorry Stevo, but you just mentioned 4 problem areas. Let's make that 5 with OL blocking.
That's a lot of cleaning up starting in 3 days.

Yes, other Coastal teams have issues as well, but until proven otherwise, at best we're on the same level as they are.
The best i can give you (at this time) is a split at 4-4.
This will leave us a game behind at least two teams that will wind up at 5-3 in the Coastal.

Advertisement
Back