Searels visiting an Ohio kid for O-line but he plays defense?

From Rivals-Canes Sport
Cincinnati (OH) Moeller High School OL Alex Merritt is a new name for Hurricane fans.
"But he’s caught UM’s eye.With no current O-line commitments "

Kid has no stars--plays defensive line---in addition he is being recruited for offensive line at 265 pounds
Sounds like Hail-Mary-Time
Competition he goes against looks like a JV teams in size

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6027140/Alex-Merritt

Limited offers from small to very small schools
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Alex-Merritt-113926/RecruitInterests/

Advertisement
Moeller is a high quality football high school in Cincinnatti, with a great reputation. As for the kid being 265 lbs., Nebraska has a good history with OL talent and many of their recruits come in at 245-250, in three years their 305 with 8% body fat. As for recruiting DL to play OL, Jimmy Johnson used to convert DL to OL with great success. Why? Because DL typically are more athletic and have quicker feet/better footwork and agility. Sure, I would love to have the 5 Star guaranteed talent, but OL are a crap shoot, even with 4-5 stars.
CMR sure isn’t Jimmy J bro....gtfo comparing what jimmy did to this **** storm

Wtf is Barry Seals even employed by Miami? Has his incompetence not been displayed enough yet? Does cmr hate the qbs so much he wants to see them get murdered on live tv next?

Advertisement
Is this a joe brown move ? Wasn’t that the Cali kids name? Played dt was brought in as a ol.

The slurpers said his tape looked good lol.

At first, I thought it was fair to question if Richt could win the big one. He hadn't at UGA with an abundance of time and an embarrassment of riches. I was sure however that he'd at least be competent, which in the ACC Coastal means a lot of 10 win seasons. After all, who were we kidding? We were staring into the abyss following 3 failed staffs-- competent, relevant enough and trending back in the right direction was good enough for a while. Now, as we watch this recruiting debacle unfold, not only was all of that wrong, I find myself hoping someone saves this staff from itself. This is one of the biggest recruiting flameouts I have witnessed for any team.

Ivins today on "Where Miami's recruiting goes form here"

"I don't see Miami offering Michael Cartwright or Kaleb Boateng. Not sure on Mark Fox. That could obviously change, but right now I wouldn't expect them to get offered. "

Advertisement
Ivins today on "Where Miami's recruiting goes form here"

"I don't see Miami offering Michael Cartwright or Kaleb Boateng. Not sure on Mark Fox. That could obviously change, but right now I wouldn't expect them to get offered. "

I have a theory. Rick doesn't want any more offensive linemen. He is going to line up WRs at the OL spots, put the QB 20 yards behind the LOS, and have the WR/OL run all verts. The only thing better than 4 verts is 9 verts.

He plays against pretty good competition. Moeller is one of the blue blood programs in Ohio. They win States often and produce a lot of D1 kids.

That being said, this better be a PWO

Advertisement
He plays against pretty good competition. Moeller is one of the blue blood programs in Ohio. They win States often and produce a lot of D1 kids.

That being said, this better be a PWO
The kid looks kinda athletic vs jv comp....no night film is a strong indication....also, a Cinci offer would make him legit enough for Miami to give him a look... he doesn't have one.....Miami shouldn't be waisting time there.....

I see Kadeem Telfort going to visit FSU. What's the scoop with him besides what we know about the trouble at UF. Worth an offer here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back