Searels visiting an Ohio kid for O-line but he plays defense?

stb

Sophomore
From Rivals-Canes Sport
Cincinnati (OH) Moeller High School OL Alex Merritt is a new name for Hurricane fans.
"But he’s caught UM’s eye.With no current O-line commitments "

Kid has no stars--plays defensive line---in addition he is being recruited for offensive line at 265 pounds
Sounds like Hail-Mary-Time
Competition he goes against looks like a JV teams in size

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6027140/Alex-Merritt

Limited offers from small to very small schools
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Alex-Merritt-113926/RecruitInterests/

Advertisement
10222255-22BE-4909-BF07-4C9400F352C4.jpeg

This is real desperation time. If he cannot properly coach and develop 3 and 4 star guys we have who had offers from big schools how is he going to develop a 265 pound defensive tackle with no stars and offers from division 2 schools?
This is like some sort of bad comedy act.

Advertisement
This is the kind of action that qualifies one for a psychiatric evaluation

Advertisement
We have no offensive line commits, time is running out before early signing, and we have a guy flying out to evaluate a no star, 265 pound defensive lineman who has never played offensive line.

Advertisement
My son graduated from that school. Look at Merritt offers not that good
He only coming up to Moeller because once Alex Gall graduated from Miami he went back home to coach Off. Line at Moeller! At a Alex Gall move. Dont want

Advertisement
Merritt has no major offers but is also hearing from Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech.

Is it possible the Canes will offer?

“I’m not sure,” Merritt said. “If they do it’s a conversation I’d have to have with my parents because I’m committed to Eastern Michigan right now.”

An interesting note when it comes to Merritt: Former Moeller High graduate Alex Gall, who played for Miami, is now coaching at the school.
“Alex was at my house during the visit from coach Searels - he’s told me he loved it at Miami, and that coach Searels is a great coach.”

Merritt says he’ll sign somewhere in the early period.

Advertisement
Back