Searels visiting an Ohio kid for O-line but he plays defense?

Advertisement
Coach Searels needs to stop by Dayton, oh to offer 2019 OT Jonathan Allen. He missed most of his senior year because of an ACL tear. So Ohio St backed off.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Oh **** yeah only 4 million a year to lose recruits to Eastern Michigan that’s a bargain thanks Mark.

sealres looking for oline like
A5DB0027-CA9F-4B4C-BF6B-7025EBC924D0.gif

Advertisement
We have no offensive line commits, time is running out before early signing, and we have a guy flying out to evaluate a no star, 265 pound defensive lineman who has never played offensive line.
While Hinton, Cartwright, Boateng, and Fox are all local 3* kids that want offers from Miami...
:pgdead:

Advertisement
Not saying this is comparable...but I remember Lamont Gaillard during his recruiting process was looked at by everyone (including us) as a DT...except for UGA. They brought him in as a C/G, redshirted him, and he's started on the OL for them for the past 3 years. So, while rare...seeing college DT's go from defense to offense in college isn't wholly unprecedented.

That being said...this is a REACH. Gaillard was a 4* DT that was seen as a legit P5 prospect, but this kid...not so much, since our main competition seems to be Eastern Michigan, Vandy, and VagTek. But, what else can we expect when we have completely whiffed on our other targets? If Searels wants any hope to keep his job, his *** is gonna have to get creative and hope something like this is a homerun.

The ghost of Al Golden strikes!!! The kid will be out of here in two years what a **** show I am so tired of this crap.

Moeller is a high quality football high school in Cincinnatti, with a great reputation. As for the kid being 265 lbs., Nebraska has a good history with OL talent and many of their recruits come in at 245-250, in three years their 305 with 8% body fat. As for recruiting DL to play OL, Jimmy Johnson used to convert DL to OL with great success. Why? Because DL typically are more athletic and have quicker feet/better footwork and agility. Sure, I would love to have the 5 Star guaranteed talent, but OL are a crap shoot, even with 4-5 stars.

From Rivals-Canes Sport
Cincinnati (OH) Moeller High School OL Alex Merritt is a new name for Hurricane fans.
"But he’s caught UM’s eye.With no current O-line commitments "

Kid has no stars--plays defensive line---in addition he is being recruited for offensive line at 265 pounds
Sounds like Hail-Mary-Time
Competition he goes against looks like a JV teams in size

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6027140/Alex-Merritt

Limited offers from small to very small schools
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Alex-Merritt-113926/RecruitInterests/

Advertisement
This thread is remarkably like the one for the Butler grad transfer. Until he started getting big time offers.

Advertisement
Watch the finish!!!
As we load up on undersized, fat kids with no talent on the OL.
Can someone please explain to me how Searles is still employed by this University?

Between the two Richts and Searles we can expect a lot of Al Golden specials.... aka Robert Knowles.

It ****es me off we are looking for ****!ng scraps in Ohio but refuse call, let along offer, 3 Star Florida kids

This is gonna be the longest off season of my entire life. I tell myself I’m just going to walk away until September 2019 but I keep coming back

Advertisement
Back