Sean Taylor Miami highlights

Best football player ever at the U. He hit with freaking bad intentions. Covered tons of ground. Receivers and rb´s got tattooed by him every freaking game he played. Just the GOAT

Advertisement
Last night I was surprised to see the Sean Taylor murder case covered by the Investigation Discovery Channel. The series is called "The Perfect Murder" and the specific episode is called "Football Fatale."

I saw that too....but I turned the channel. Its hard to watch. I get mad every time I think about the way he was murdered.

It was an extremely positive portrayal of Taylor and his family. Virtually nothing related to any off field stuff. Brief segment on the ATV theft but that was related only to the search for possible suspects. That series, like most true crime series, teases every week with one angle after another before zeroing in on the actual perpetrator(s) at program's end.

That's what the show was all about, the investigation and how it evolved toward the convictions. They used numerous clips from a male and female detective on the case along with a Miami Herald reporter who covered it. As always the same actors portrayed the roles. Investigation Discovery obviously doesn't have a vast budget. You would swear every case was from New York because it's always New York types and New York accents as detective. No hint of Miami diversity.

The series title "The Perfect Murder" has become less valid through the years. When that show began several years ago they had a reservoir of legitimately clever crimes in which the person nearly got away with it other than excellent police work and some breaks. But that supply naturally dwindled so now it's primarily cases that have not been covered by other programs even if the crimes were solved in fairly routine fashion. I have not seen the Sean Taylor case elsewhere.

Best football player ever at the U. He hit with freaking bad intentions. Covered tons of ground. Receivers and rb´s got tattooed by him every freaking game he played. Just the GOAT

With all due respect to Sean Taylor, this is false statement.

Advertisement
I am so happy that I got to see him play live 4 times in my life. I live out of state and when he came to play Rutgers and Temple I was there in the old Big East days. He was special. RIP to the GOAT. And when I say GOAT, I mean it. That 03 rain game at Doak was the best defensive performance in the history of football. Rest Easy Sean.

Best football player at the U for Millennials who started becoming hard core Canes fans after we won it.

I'll be honest. I went to games in 95 with my dad. I started to appreciate it in 99 and became a hardcore fan as a 9 year old in 2000 when we lost to Washington and I've never seen a better player in my lifetime. That's just me. I didn't grow up watching Irvin and the greats from the 80's. All I know is that when I watched ST on Saturdays he was the best player I've ever seen. I know we have a rich history but I've never seen a player take over a game like that man did. And I probably won't ever see it again. He would have been a first ballot hall of famer. In my honest opinion he was the BEST player to ever play at this U And that's saying something because we've had a lot of good ones but I'll wait and see you tell me who was Better?

I'm actually laughing at the fact that you opened a ST26 thread and sh*t on it. Who's better? I'll wait

Advertisement
You are right. Thanks for setting me straight. ST was better, faster, stronger, smarter than anyone that has ever put on cleats. Some say that Ed Reed's success was based on watching and learning from ST while he was at Gulliver. Ray Lewis contributes his dominance in the mid 2000s to ST's Florida State game. Warren Sapp caught one of Pedro's workouts with Sean in the 90s and was then after unblockable. Larry Coker lost all his coaching ability after seeing Sean Taylor play safety and running back -- he realized that it's not coaching that wins games, it's Sean Taylor. It was so **** contagious that Randy Shannon was a casualty of it too. It however wore off in 2010 and had no effect at all on Al Golden... He just sucked.

And it's not rugby. It's Australian Rules Football. Even those stupid *** NFL and NCAA game announcers call the Australian Rules Football kick, a ******* rugby punt. Totally different sport, yet again ignorance prevails.

Last edited:
Advertisement

No.
Name me a better one please. BTW I witnessed all if not most of the games since 1983 so this is not a millennial speaking. We have had incredible players at the U but in my opinion none better than ST. This highlight real is so good and a flashback to HOW HARD HE PLAYED AND HIT EVERY FREAKINGN SINGLE PLAY.

Advertisement

No.

Yes best football player in fb history so that would include every other UM player as well.... easy answer.

Still no. Dude was plenty awesome, but there were guys as good who played for Miami not to mention all the ones who played on other teams. He's in the conversation for best Cane, but not the clear best. Reed, Lewis, Dorsey, Sapp, Brown, Santana, McKinnie...the list goes on. Don't let the fact the dude's life was cut short cloud the fact of all the other greats who have played for Miami.

No.
Name me a better one please. BTW I witnessed all if not most of the games since 1983 so this is not a millennial speaking. We have had incredible players at the U but in my opinion none better than ST. This highlight real is so good and a flashback to HOW HARD HE PLAYED AND HIT EVERY FREAKINGN SINGLE PLAY.

I could name a dozen who get consideration but won't bother. That's your opinion which is fine, but it's far from clear to me and many others that he's the single best. Great, yes. Best, not quite.

No.

Yes best football player in fb history so that would include every other UM player as well.... easy answer.

Still no. Dude was plenty awesome, but there were guys as good who played for Miami not to mention all the ones who played on other teams. He's in the conversation for best Cane, but not the clear best. Reed, Lewis, Dorsey, Sapp, Brown, Santana, McKinnie...the list goes on. Don't let the fact the dude's life was cut short cloud the fact of all the other greats who have played for Miami.

Sean Taylor was better than every other player you just named while he was alive.

Advertisement
Back