Scrimmage stats

Sorry to be that guy, but 12-21? 180 yards? I really need to see BK start driving the ball down field more. Last year, he went to his check down so fast, and even still had OK completion pct. He needs to make some serious strides for me to buy this first round draft grade people are trying to give him. And again, I do not see the arm strength to drive in a deep out. Maybe he has it, but I have not seen many. I think he has good arm strength not great. Overall sounds like a typical scrimmage, some big plays both ways. Some picks, some sacks, some TDs. Ok rushing numbers. Who knows how that yards were accumulated.

Love the dude trying to crown Yearby over Gus. Honestly, I think they should be a good tandem. But everyone finds the need to choose one over the other. And all the sofla dudes cannot fathom a solid RB not from the 305. I think both will be around 750-900 yards this year if they stay healthy. Probably on the lower side of that because I see Walton and Choc getting some run too.

Numbers look good for Coley. We need a roided out version of his Freshman year.

Advertisement
I don't read much of anything into Spring / Fall practices or scrimmages.

I know last year our defense was underwhelming and has questions coming into next year. Someone throwing on us shouldn't be a surprise, it's expected until the untested secondary proves otherwise.

The DL should get pressure on any QB we put out there. Everyone we faced last year.

Sorry to be that guy, but 12-21? 180 yards? I really need to see BK start driving the ball down field more. Last year, he went to his check down so fast, and even still had OK completion pct. He needs to make some serious strides for me to buy this first round draft grade people are trying to give him. And again, I do not see the arm strength to drive in a deep out. Maybe he has it, but I have not seen many. I think he has good arm strength not great. Overall sounds like a typical scrimmage, some big plays both ways. Some picks, some sacks, some TDs. Ok rushing numbers. Who knows how that yards were accumulated.

Love the dude trying to crown Yearby over Gus. Honestly, I think they should be a good tandem. But everyone finds the need to choose one over the other. And all the sofla dudes cannot fathom a solid RB not from the 305. I think both will be around 750-900 yards this year if they stay healthy. Probably on the lower side of that because I see Walton and Choc getting some run too.

Youre not sorry to be that guy because you "conveniently" left out the 4 tds that he threw...

Youre not sorry to be that guy because you "conveniently" left out the 4 tds that he threw...

I think he's happy to be that guy.

Do we know the format of the scrimmage? Did they run a bunch of goal line sets? If so, that could make Kaaya's numbers look both better (could explain shorter average completion yardage) and worse (could explain the high number of TDs).

Advertisement

If the playbook anything like Richt has run at Georgia then you'll see more dink and dunk passing with a pro style run game. That would lead to numbers where Kaaya has less than 10 YPA. Richt has based his playbook off the Shallow Cross. Making the LB's react to the WR and TE cross. If they play the deep cross behind them, Kaaya dumps it to the short crosser in front of them picking up 7-8 yards a play. It's a blitz beater and quick read.

If the playbook anything like Richt has run at Georgia then you'll see more dink and dunk passing with a pro style run game. That would lead to numbers where Kaaya has less than 10 YPA. Richt has based his playbook off the Shallow Cross. Making the LB's react to the WR and TE cross. If they play the deep cross behind them, Kaaya dumps it to the short crosser in front of them picking up 7-8 yards a play. It's a blitz beater and quick read.

:U5PyXda:

Petrino is another guy who based his offense on the shallow cross concept...I've always been a huge fan of this system. It moves the chains and creats opportunities down the field once the opposing D gets frustrated by all the yardage given up.

Richt's track record when he actually called plays at Georgia is pretty good if I remember correctly. I think Kaaya is in for a big year.

Advertisement
On Kaaya's completion percentage Richt said in his post practice interview that he was accurate with the ball but that our receivers dropped a few passes. I think he said Brad may have missed only one receiver who was open. He said Brad's accuracy would be higher than whatever his completion percentage was. Listening to coach it's clear that Richards, who brings speed, and perhaps Bruce, who brings elusiveness, are going to get significant PT at receiver.

Advertisement

Petrino is another guy who based his offense on the shallow cross concept...I've always been a huge fan of this system. It moves the chains and creats opportunities down the field once the opposing D gets frustrated by all the yardage given up.

Richt's track record when he actually called plays at Georgia is pretty good if I remember correctly. I think Kaaya is in for a big year.

It also destroys slow immobile linebackers. Hey look at our 3-4 the last few years, and look at what Louisville did to it. But it's all predicated on the run, cause it's play action too. Only thing I dislike is how much of it is out of gun and how little is under center.

Advertisement

Crowning Yearby over Gus because he has proved he can be consistent last year. What has Gus done? He is nothing but a hype "bus". Yearby and Walton 1 and 2. Until Gus proves himself in a real game and people stop saying he is big and fast. Much more goes into being a good running back. So yes I will crown Yearby over Gus until proven otherwise.

None of the running back numbers stood out tbqh. They all was fairly the same

Assuming this stats are accurate ... Looks like the hype for Shirreffs is more of an acknowledgment that Rosier just isn't that good.

Based on the scrimmage structure CMR mentioned, both of those guys would have been competing against the 2s and 3s for the defense ... Neither of their stats give me comfort having them as our back-up.

This means very little. To make sweeping generalizations is not a good idea. I'll take Rosier's stats against live competition before I give this one shred of credibility in determining who the #2 QB will be in the fall.
And Duke is still wondering what happened...Rosier kept us in the game until something famous happened on the last play..

Advertisement
Back