Scrimmage stats

It's laughable at people trying to sh*t on Gus when even the head coach(richt) who has coached knowshon moreno, gurley, Chubb and Sony Michel has said that Edwards has some ability. Let it play out he's coming off a bad foot injury and was probably running with the 1s. It will take some more practices for him to get into form

Don't be so sensitive. Guy has been labeled all kinds of things and hasn't lived up to a lot of the hype some have given him. He isn't a bad player, he is what he is to this point, and why people don't accept that Ill never understand.

My post was a jab at all those making outlandish predictions. Why would he be running with the 1's when he's never been option one? You compound that silly assumption saying he needs more time to get back to form. News flash, his from has been where he was....the third option at best.

Guy has been misused from day one. We will see what the new staff has in store for him and I hope it works out for him.

He's better than Mark Walton for sure at running back...

The problem is Gus still has problems with the basic skills of a RB, finishing runs and running in space by the HC's admission. After three years you are either a RB or you're not. Like the InCaneFane said, Why would he be running with the 1's when he's never been option one? It's time to become more like the coaches and tell it like is, quit making excuses for him. Don't get me wrong I want to see him succeed because that makes Miami better. So if he needs to spend more time practicing the basics after practice then he should be doing that because that's what the great ones did after returning from injury... ie Frank Gore!

Last edited:
Advertisement
In all fairness to Gus Edwards, how do we KNOW what he is at this point? He was an average back his true freshman year. He improved his sophomore year. He missed all last year, and this is his first year with a real coaching staff. I'm excited for all of our players finally getting a real chance to shine. I'm not holding anything they did under Golden, Coley, and D'Onofrio against them. It's clean slate time.
It's laughable at people trying to sh*t on Gus when even the head coach(richt) who has coached knowshon moreno, gurley, Chubb and Sony Michel has said that Edwards has some ability. Let it play out he's coming off a bad foot injury and was probably running with the 1s. It will take some more practices for him to get into form

Don't be so sensitive. Guy has been labeled all kinds of things and hasn't lived up to a lot of the hype some have given him. He isn't a bad player, he is what he is to this point, and why people don't accept that Ill never understand.

My post was a jab at all those making outlandish predictions. Why would he be running with the 1's when he's never been option one? You compound that silly assumption saying he needs more time to get back to form. News flash, his from has been where he was....the third option at best.

Guy has been misused from day one. We will see what the new staff has in store for him and I hope it works out for him.

Gus has been nothing more than average at best his entire career here. As I said, that's nothing against him, he's just been misused.

When you saw Duke, Portis, McGahee, Edge, etc for the first time, you knew they were special. Gus has never shown that and while his coaching has failed him, when he gets the ball in his hands he still doesn't show well.

The rest I covered previously.

James proves my point, actually. He did a lot wrong as a runner until his last season here. In fact, it was the second half of his junior year that he exploded. Before that he was an average back with skills untapped. Amazing skills.
In all fairness to Gus Edwards, how do we KNOW what he is at this point? He was an average back his true freshman year. He improved his sophomore year. He missed all last year, and this is his first year with a real coaching staff. I'm excited for all of our players finally getting a real chance to shine. I'm not holding anything they did under Golden, Coley, and D'Onofrio against them. It's clean slate time.

Gus has been nothing more than average at best his entire career here. As I said, that's nothing against him, he's just been misused.

When you saw Duke, Portis, McGahee, Edge, etc for the first time, you knew they were special. Gus has never shown that and while his coaching has failed him, when he gets the ball in his hands he still doesn't show well.

The rest I covered previously.

He came out banging out six and a half yards a carry that first year of my memory isn't deceiving me. I believe his highest yards per carry of his career here. You knew he had it, at least he had the potential to do special things.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back