Scrimmage note from Tim reynolds

Yall still goin with this "setting the edge" nonsense?

Look, one of the primary jobs of a DE is to set the edge AGAINST THE RUN. Just because someone said that the kid was doing a good job of setting the edge doesn't mean that it happened during pass plays.

Would you be upset if you heard that one of our DT's did a good job of controlling his gap?

Like I said before in response to you. I think the real problem is that we are ONLY hearing about the setting of the edge and not the raping of the QB in pass rush situations.

Why have we heard NOTHING about the pass rush? That's the real issue.

Advertisement
Yall still goin with this "setting the edge" nonsense?

Look, one of the primary jobs of a DE is to set the edge AGAINST THE RUN. Just because someone said that the kid was doing a good job of setting the edge doesn't mean that it happened during pass plays.

Would you be upset if you heard that one of our DT's did a good job of controlling his gap?

Like I said before in response to you. I think the real problem is that we are ONLY hearing about the setting of the edge and not the raping of the QB in pass rush situations.

Why have we heard NOTHING about the pass rush? That's the real issue.

Exactly. These corches don't give a **** about rushing the passer. It's more impressive to them that a kid like AQM can "set the edge." They'd rather see him "set the edge" than let him get after the QB. Which is reason #918374719 this defense and staff suck. But continue with the football scientist bull****!

Advertisement
Back