Scrimmage highlights

Advertisement
I'm all for having optimism as we head into this season, but the vets on this Board understand not to get too excited no matter the highlight. The video is intended to excite fans and foster optimism; however, the reality is that we are unveiling a new offense, with new coaches and unproven players In certain key spots.

Look closely to temper your enthusiasm. For example, on the big gain by Mallory over the middle it looks like he beat Ragone. On at least one of Rooster´s big runs he is going up against second and third team players (Balom reaches).

With that said, I will take any morsel of good news and excitement cuz our offense the last few years was pedestrian, at best.
Eh, I think we’re winning the national title based off the highlights. If you wanna be a fun sucker & think we’re going 7-5 & point to our players going up against the 2nd team have at it. I think Rooster is the best RB in the nation & were winning #6.

I still wanna know what the **** he said and sold to manny in that meeting to even get the job in the first place.

as much attention to detail manny gives and as much tape as he watches that whole thing still has me scratching my head to this day.
I think he prioritized fixing the QB room (which was a mess) and thought Enos would be able to do that and the offense would improve alongside. That being that Enos didn’t run the spread concept Manny initially said he wanted.

He just ended up being wrong and changed it as soon as he could. To me, the deal breaker on that should have been Butch Barry as OL coach. If I’m the AD, I’m not giving the thumbs up to the OC hire if that is one of his demands. Whole situation could have been averted.

Advertisement
So, back to Kosi Da Gawd instead of Kosi Da Gawd Awful?
didn't say that, but kosi would have had a full year of learning the offense behind king with coaching from lashlee ... he has experience (led us to big wins over va tech, fsu) .... arm talent, MOBILITY, and maturity ... keep sleeping ... if we don't bring in another top talent, he has tate and TVD as comp ... he skillset fits this offense pretty good

Advertisement
I still wanna know what the **** he said and sold to manny in that meeting to even get the job in the first place.

as much attention to detail manny gives and as much tape as he watches that whole thing still has me scratching my head to this day.

Rode that Crimson Tide inland and he then got washed out to sea.

We are 8 deep for 2 spots without Ragone.... other guys need reps. Ragone needs to be scout team MVP.
Stop raggin' on Ragone. Every team needs guys like these that works their @ss off and makes everyone else work their @ss off. Players will start hating him when coaches keep yelling "why can't you hustle like Ragone!".

didn't say that, but kosi would have had a full year of learning the offense behind king with coaching from lashlee ... he has experience (led us to big wins over va tech, fsu) .... arm talent, MOBILITY, and maturity ... keep sleeping ... if we don't bring in another top talent, he has tate and TVD as comp ... he skillset fits this offense pretty good
Physical gifts, yes. Never a question there. The only question has been his decision making, which is critical in Lashlee's O. He gets that straight, and you're right, he could be good. In a way, this is his money year. Secure that #2 spot and lead for the starting job going into next year. Have a huge season next year and he gets paid. This is his last chance, in my opinion.

Advertisement
Stop raggin' on Ragone. Every team needs guys like these that works their @ss off and makes everyone else work their @ss off. Players will start hating him when coaches keep yelling "why can't you hustle like Ragone!".
It's a wake up call when you can't get on the field in front of a guy you think you are light years better than. At first you think it's a joke, then after a while you realize the only joke is your own lack of effort.

Advertisement
Physical gifts, yes. Never a question there. The only question has been his decision making, which is critical in Lashlee's O. He gets that straight, and you're right, he could be good. In a way, this is his money year. Secure that #2 spot and lead for the starting job going into next year. Have a huge season next year and he gets paid. This is his last chance, in my opinion.
i agree, he has one last shot and a huge stage to prove it on starting game one w/bama

Advertisement
Back