Scrimmage buzz

View as article
Advertisement
His strengths is something HS film doesn’t show. People just see height and his main position being te and pigeon hole him. At the next level he’ll be a mismatch problem because he can line up at so many positions. Rb, Te, Fb, H-back and even the slot. While being a legit threat at all of them.

Defenses won’t know until he aligns in the formation if it’s a base or spread. Is it a run or pass look ? He’s the definition of a Swiss Army knife.
A swiss army knife type player adds new dimensions to our offense but sadly, i dont have much faith Dawson actually knows how to be creative enough to use him effectively (see the complete lack of usage of any speed players last year...) but lets hope Im wrong.

His strengths is something HS film doesn’t show. People just see height and his main position being te and pigeon hole him. At the next level he’ll be a mismatch problem because he can line up at so many positions. Rb, Te, Fb, H-back and even the slot. While being a legit threat at all of them.

Defenses won’t know until he aligns in the formation if it’s a base or spread. Is it a run or pass look ? He’s the definition of a Swiss Army knife.
One of the toughest things to watch last year was any time McCormick was in the game, the defense already knew what we were doing. I’ll concede that Dawson didn’t have much to work with at the TE spot and TVD was in shambles, but pre snap we were a hard team to watch by the end of the year. Bringing X into motion tight into the line…McCormick on the field….

We weren’t very difficult to diagnose. I expect much better this year

Been a really long time since we had this much talent across the board, a legit well above-average (at absolute worst) quarterback, and continuity with both coordinators who are again, at worst, decent.

Good lines, good QB, good coordinators both in Year 2, good skill talent…..barring injury to Ward you can’t lose more than 2 games with this rooster and schedule and avoid being labeled a flat out donkey as a coach/staff.
9wx3Ah9HBCywU.gif

I'm bracing myself for a deep emotional hurt this season.

I want to love again, but I'm so afraid.

Advertisement
My main concern is him continuing to meddle with the offense. Hopefully he gets out of the way and Dawson is allowed to do what he wants but we'll see.
I think if Mario meddled with the offense as much as some claim then either Dawson would have left this year or demanded full control to stay. No way he sticks around for another year if true.

Advertisement
A swiss army knife type player adds new dimensions to our offense but sadly, i dont have much faith Dawson actually knows how to be creative enough to use him effectively (see the complete lack of usage of any speed players last year...) but lets hope Im wrong.
Watching practice yesterday. There were multiple play designs to get guys open. Lofton especially.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Penn State Fiesta Bowl was worst loss in program history.
Yea… We should have won that game. But 47-0 was the worst imo. And if u have to ask…. u either too young, or you’ve blocked it totally out of memory. The worst i’ve ever felt as a Cane fan. The worst ive ever felt walking out of a stadium. I’ve had handcuffed walks from the back of a paddy wagon to the processing desk at a few police stations, that were more enjoyable. No cap!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back