Scrimmage and other crap

Thank you. I am saying this not as a criticism, but just a plea to be considerate. I did find a roster under the football tab up above. What complicates it is we now have multiple players wearing the same numbers. I am not so old that I can't remember this kind of thing....it is just not the kind of thing I am concerned with remembering these days. I have so many other interests and other things going on that I am frustrated to remember who the numbers are...then I have to stop reading and go check the roster. i guess I will print out the roster and keep it by my computer. I will have to do that when the season starts anyway.

As a matter of fact: those of you who are interested in this kind of thing. If you go to the hurricanesports.com official website, you can usually find posted as pdf's the various release packages, stats, etc.

For years, back in the '80's, I used to subscribe to the weekly release packages put out by the athletic department's sports info office. It was a substantial package--not only rosters, two deeps, but tons of updates on statistics, etc. It was full of information for those who might be inclined to delve into that kind of thing.

With the kind of more analytically-inclined fans who are showing up here these days it might be something they would be interested in downloading if they are not already aware.

Back in the '80's, it was paper copy and mailed to me every week. It was the same package the sports info department published for the working media.
Too late , my feelings are hurt

Advertisement
Thanks for the insight @Cribby. You are a true gem.

My sense of this team is that we may not have the depth of talent at 1-85 as a Bama, Clemson, or OSU. But we have enough talent - especially in the top half of the roster to compete with anyone.

That, along with a fast, aggressive offense and lots of talent / experience at the skill positions makes us lethal and allows us to compete with ANYBODY.

This team feels to me a bit like 2010 Oregon Ducks or '14 TCU.

In other words, lethal offense, opportunistic defense, and LOTS of fun to watch.

If we can match those teams' success and combine it with UM Tradition, and now the NIL, talent will be flocking here and setting us up for the next great chapter of Hurricane winning.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
Man GTFOOH hahaha

Advertisement
Ya, we know he’s a cerebral player. We’re going to need his leadership week 1.
0621EC66-1D80-44F0-A4EC-DB0E1D7BB66E.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Thank you. I am saying this not as a criticism, but just a plea to be considerate. I did find a roster under the football tab up above. What complicates it is we now have multiple players wearing the same numbers. I am not so old that I can't remember this kind of thing....it is just not the kind of thing I am concerned with remembering these days. I have so many other interests and other things going on that I am frustrated to remember who the numbers are...then I have to stop reading and go check the roster. i guess I will print out the roster and keep it by my computer. I will have to do that when the season starts anyway.

As a matter of fact: those of you who are interested in this kind of thing. If you go to the hurricanesports.com official website, you can usually find posted as pdf's the various release packages, stats, etc.

For years, back in the '80's, I used to subscribe to the weekly release packages put out by the athletic department's sports info office. It was a substantial package--not only rosters, two deeps, but tons of updates on statistics, etc. It was full of information for those who might be inclined to delve into that kind of thing.

With the kind of more analytically-inclined fans who are showing up here these days it might be something they would be interested in downloading if they are not already aware.

Back in the '80's, it was paper copy and mailed to me every week. It was the same package the sports info department published for the working media.

Cribby, just wanted to make sure you know I love your work, it is unique and deeply appreciated. Keep it up!
Holy shiit, McCloud has been here since the Nixon administration and you still don’t know his jersey number?

Advertisement
I was just talking to somebody about him,I think he gets a bum wrap. We had two smallish guards playing beside him last year which put more on his plate. He had bad moments but the entire interior had bad moments.

I've heard nothing but positive things about him in camp , the coaches and players seem to love him.
Yeah, well there's always been positive feedback re: Gaynor from inside the program. And having guards with + strength will surely help. It's just that the eye-test doesn't support what those inside the program apparently feel about Gaynor. Heard Stefan report on a YouTube show that in practice, "Corey Gaynor had been doing Corey Gaynor things." Really? He gets blown-up, I mean **it pushed at least a handful of times almost every time out. Watch for it, especially against 'Bama's space-eater, though if smart, there will be plenty of help from the guards. Then there's the girls slow pitch softball shotgun snaps. Really magnified when watching the velocity of the shotgun snaps in last year's college football playoffs. In sum, Gaynor has been ok, at best. Maybe he steps it up being a senior now (maybe a jr. because of co-vid) but he's relatively undersized with what I would estimate as average-at-best P5 strength. A finesser, with a reputation of having a nasty streak in HS that just hasn't manifested at the next level.

I don't recall posting the o played great. There was good days by individuals but that doesn't mean it was versus the number one d. King didn't play many snaps and one of the big plays came when he was in. I mean have you ever been to a scrimmage ? It's not like it was ones facing each other all day

You said the O was "locked in". If that's not the same as "played great", you're either a team spokesperson in constant spin more, or youre splitting hairs.

Fair point on the 1s vs 2s - but that severely diminishes how impressive the good performances were.

Advertisement
You said the O was "locked in". If that's not the same as "played great", you're either a team spokesperson in constant spin more, or youre splitting hairs.

Fair point on the 1s vs 2s - but that severely diminishes how impressive the good performances were.
I was talking about position battles, I mentioned defense starters right above it , so I figured most would get what I meant.

So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
In the time it took you to write this out you could have looked up the rooster 37 times

Advertisement
Back