Scrimmage and other crap

Advertisement
Guys, don’t expect much from @rok for a bit. He’s still shell-shocked from the BB gun incident yesterday where Cooney ran him off. He’s trying to work out a camouflage situation right now. He’s just got PTSD after what Hartley did to his cousin a few years back during Richt’s tenure.

01DFABFD-6BC7-4E51-A7E3-7D083F5C383C.gif

Advertisement
I was just talking to somebody about him,I think he gets a bum wrap. We had two smallish guards playing beside him last year which put more on his plate. He had bad moments but the entire interior had bad moments.

I've heard nothing but positive things about him in camp , the coaches and players seem to love him.
As someone who has been critical of Gaynor this is something that I love to hear.

I was just talking to somebody about him,I think he gets a bum wrap. We had two smallish guards playing beside him last year which put more on his plate. He had bad moments but the entire interior had bad moments.

I've heard nothing but positive things about him in camp , the coaches and players seem to love him.
Only people on this board think Gaynor is terrible because he had a couple of bad moments

If you look at his body of work, and actually pay attention to people that post real tangible data, Gaynor has been good for us

Ya, we know he’s a cerebral player. We’re going to need his leadership week 1.

Advertisement
Defense easily won the day

Zion is still out but is expected to play vs Bama, if he's not back sometime this week I'd get concerned.

Kitchens, Williams and chase will all play this season with kitchens coming on strong. A very smart player.

McCloud had another sack

All the backs played well , even both Fr. Rooster had a long tun. Brown is ahead of Thad and more of a complete back

Harvey and Taylor played well

Tvd had a really good day, I'd be surprised if he's not #2. The battle will go on all year

Curtis played a good amount and played well

X man 2 td, one long (Tvd with both) X has been a beast in every scrimmage

De is thin but played well. Depth makes me nervous

Seymour is one Fr who could play on the ol

The three Fr wr did their same ole thang, I expect them to play a lot this year

Smith and Flagg look to be the guys, both had good days.

K Smith had a td grab on Al, good to see blades back out there

The only spot on d thats still open imo is de between 12,53 and 33

Offense looks locked in as well, minus Zion or a possible suspension the ol rotation looks to be set, most battles are for depth chart spots

TS or Rambo look to be pr's

A lot of walk ons and backups got pt yesterday
So, who are 12, 53 and 33?

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.

Oh, excuse me. I guess I should go look it up. Sorry, I don't remember the numbers since I have so much other stuff I have to remember.

I'm sorry if you don't like my reaction, but we don't all have jersey numbers committed to memory. It would be more considerate to post names.

Otherwise, thank you for your reports. I used to get all kinds of insider info from friends who had free run of Hecht and the coaches back in the day. Some of those friends are gone. Not everybody lives forever...in fact, nobody does.

If any of you don't like my minor complaint, really a suggestion, that not every reader who is interested in what anyone has to say can remember jersey numbers. I don't spend hours each day poring over rosters like I used to do when I was a teenager. In the'60's, I knew every number, every town that every UM player came from (mostly steelworking and coal mining communities in western Pennsylvania) their height, weight, year, etc.

Not now.
" minor "? Brotha you just wrote a paragraph complaining about me using numbers lol. 53 mccloud , 33 Chantz and 12 Harvey.

I've notified my complaint dept , we'll try to do better.

Zion is still out but is expected to play vs Bama, if he's not back sometime this week I'd get concerned.

Kitchens, Williams and chase will all play this season with kitchens coming on strong. A very smart player.

McCloud had another sack

All the backs played well , even both Fr. Rooster had a long tun. Brown is ahead of Thad and more of a complete back

Tvd had a really good day, I'd be surprised if he's not #2. The battle will go on all year

Offense looks locked in as well, minus Zion or a possible suspension the ol rotation looks to be set, most battles are for depth chart spots

Appreciate all the info you have been giving us.

Advertisement

Not now.
12 - Harvey
53 - McCloud
33 - Chantz

McCloud had another sack

That defense won the day is a very good sign.

Back during our rise to excellence, when Jimmy Johnson was revolutionizing college defenses with the transition to attacking defenses, the spring and fall practices would result in reports of perhaps a dozen sacks per scrimmage. I remember that vividly. Our offensive teams, despite their talent (Vinny, etc.) could not keep the DLs out of the backfield in practices and scrimmages. On many of our best teams, the defenses were way ahead of the offenses. Nobody we played during the ensuing seasons could contain our rushers. The philosophy of JJ was to cause disruption, create big plays, turnovers, etc. If our defense is ahead of our offense right now, that is good news.

I would be worried if our offense was defeating or stalemating the defenses.

Not now.
www.MiamiHurricanes.com would have taken less time to type…

Advertisement
That defense won the day is a very good sign.

Back during our rise to excellence, when Jimmy Johnson was revolutionizing college defenses with the transition to attacking defenses, the spring and fall practices would result in reports of perhaps a dozen sacks per scrimmage. I remember that vividly. Our offensive teams, despite their talent (Vinny, etc.) could not keep the DLs out of the backfield in practices and scrimmages. On many of our best teams, the defenses were way ahead of the offenses. Nobody we played during the ensuing seasons could contain our rushers. The philosophy of JJ was to cause disruption, create big plays, turnovers, etc. If our defense is ahead of our offense right now, that is good news.

I would be worried if our offense was defeating or stalemating the defenses.
King didn't play too much to put things in context. There was a lot of moving parts, a bunch of people got burn. Even walk oms

12 - Harvey
53 - McCloud
33 - Chantz
Thank you. I am saying this not as a criticism, but just a plea to be considerate. I did find a roster under the football tab up above. What complicates it is we now have multiple players wearing the same numbers. I am not so old that I can't remember this kind of thing....it is just not the kind of thing I am concerned with remembering these days. I have so many other interests and other things going on that I am frustrated to remember who the numbers are...then I have to stop reading and go check the roster. i guess I will print out the roster and keep it by my computer. I will have to do that when the season starts anyway.

As a matter of fact: those of you who are interested in this kind of thing. If you go to the hurricanesports.com official website, you can usually find posted as pdf's the various release packages, stats, etc.

For years, back in the '80's, I used to subscribe to the weekly release packages put out by the athletic department's sports info office. It was a substantial package--not only rosters, two deeps, but tons of updates on statistics, etc. It was full of information for those who might be inclined to delve into that kind of thing.

With the kind of more analytically-inclined fans who are showing up here these days it might be something they would be interested in downloading if they are not already aware.

Back in the '80's, it was paper copy and mailed to me every week. It was the same package the sports info department published for the working media.

Cribby, just wanted to make sure you know I love your work, it is unique and deeply appreciated. Keep it up!

Advertisement
Back