Scrimmage 9/4

Advertisement
75BED694-9010-4A6A-9280-6B0A376E9BE7.jpeg

Lol Ragone definitely gonna be on the two deep depth chart so
prepare now..

Nice write up from the Hurricanes directly... More detail on what happened and some additional stat info...

Ragone was in great position to make plays a ton last when he played but he didn’t finish them. If he can finish plays he can help out. Otherwise....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baker is running Manny’s defense but I think what @DTP is saying is that the guy screws up when he tries to call his own plays and get creative. He’s not as good as Manny.
Respectfully, couldn't we also say he's not as experienced as Manny? I'm not saying Baker will be as good as Manny but it seems clear to me that he's learning on the job. Still holding out hope that Baker can become a top level DC.

Respectfully, couldn't we also say he's not as experienced as Manny? I'm not saying Baker will be as good as Manny but it seems clear to me that he's learning on the job. Still holding out hope that Baker can become a top level DC.
That’s fair... but at this point, he’s not as good as Manny.

Advertisement

2 man fronts, 3 man fronts, dumb stunts.. change the colors and the helmets and yes, frankly I see blake bakers defense

I'm tired of arguing with people about this **** too. Literally to me it's so dumb I'm not even going to bother addressing it from here on out from anyone that believes otherwise. Since when did manny have joe jackson dropping back into coverage? If that's manny's defense, I haven't seen it prior to baker arriving.

Baker’s first coaching gig was a grad assistant at Texas under Diaz. He was defensive backs coach at LTU under Diaz until getting promoted to DC the hen Diaz left for Mississippi State. The reason they hired a young DC from a CUSA schools is because he runs Manny’s scheme. I know odd fronts and dropping a lineman in coverage = bad because you saw Mark D’Onofrio do those things but they’re literally used by ever defense in modern football. ****, Manny used a formation in 2018 with Gerald Willis as the only down lineman. Baker’s problem is that he over relies on some of those gimmicks that are better used only in certain scenarios. When you’re at Louisiana Tech and you don’t have a ton of talent, you have to do a lot of that stuff. At Miami he can afford to take fewer chances because he’s got the talent to beat teams head to head.

I never get excited about these.....the only thing I can take away from this is that we have a true dynamic qb

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back