Scrimmage #2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who’s going to be lurking to get us info?

1534599914843.gif

Advertisement
Agree with the lockdown. LSU must be treated like a playoff game and I would have to think we are already and have been game planning 2+ weeks out.

We get a total scrub the week after, that requires zero game planning (I would only say this for Savannah St as they have to be the worst team in college football). Then we get Toledo and FIU.

In other words, LSU is by far the biggest game on our schedule in the 1st 4 weeks and deserves extra attention and preparation.

Almost goes without saying but thought I'd say it anyway.

Advertisement
The 5 things that I am looking forward to the most, regarding Scrimmage #2, are as follows:

1. Who, between N'Kosi or Weldon, will establish themselves as the #2 QB? (N'Kosi currently has a slight lead.)

2. Will Lingard improve enough in pass protection to regain his spot at #3 RB?

3. Will Cager hold off Pope for the starting Z receiver spot? (There were reports this week that Pope and Cager were splitting reps with the first team. Either way, we are in great shape. What a problem to have......both will play a lot this year.)

4-A. Can Blades do enough to show the coaches that he is able to be "the guy" at nickel? (Currently the #2 nickel CB.)
4-B.
Will Ivey, Frierson, or Dean prove worthy of starting opposite of Mike Jax.
(If neither of the 3 steps up enough to prove they can start as the #2 CB, the coaches will leave Bandy there, which means Blades will get the nod at nickel.)

5. How will Scaife fair at backup LT? (Already solidified his spot as the #6 O-Lineman. What remains to be seen, is whether or not he will spend most of his time at tackle due to recent injuries)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The 5 things that I am looking forward to the most, regarding Scrimmage #2, are as follows:

4-A. Can Blades do enough to show the coaches that he is able to be "the guy" at nickel? (Currently the #2 nickel CB.)
4-B.
(If neither of the 3 steps up enough to prove they can start as the #2 CB, the coaches will leave Bandy there, which means Blades will get the nod at nickel.)

Mostly good stuff. However, this is not exactly accurate. Bandy can be CB #2 and still be moved to nickel when CB #3 is moved into boundary in his place. Right now Dean is the clear #3 according to Rumph. Ivey is #4.

Mostly good stuff. However, this is not exactly accurate. Bandy can be CB #2 and still be moved to nickel when CB #3 is moved into boundary in his place. Right now Dean is the clear #3 according to Rumph. Ivey is #4.
There are many factors that will determine which CB's will be on the field. Is the #3 boundary corner more game ready than the #2 nickel? What type of offense are we facing? Bottom line is Bandy is the top choice at #2 CB and the top choice for nickel. He can't simultaneously do both. Where he spends the majority of his time, will depend on several variables.

As for Dean being the clear #3 CB, where did you see this report?

1. Who, between N'Kosi or Weldon, will establish themselves as the #2 QB? (N'Kosi currently has a slight lead.)

2. Will Lingard improve enough in pass protection to regain his spot at #3 RB?

3. Will Cager hold off Pope for the starting Z receiver spot? (There were reports this week that Pope and Cager were splitting reps with the first team. Either way, we are in great shape. What a problem to have......both will play a lot this year.)

4-B.

5. How will Scaife fair at backup LT? (Already solidified his spot as the #6 O-Lineman. What remains to be seen, is whether or not he will spend most of his time at tackle due to recent injuries)
Find out on the next episode of Dragon Baaal Z

There are many factors that will determine which CB's will be on the field. Is the #3 boundary corner more game ready than the #2 nickel? What type of offense are we facing? Bottom line is Bandy is the top choice at #2 CB and the top choice for nickel. He can't simultaneously do both. Where he spends the majority of his time, will depend on several variables.

As for Dean being the clear #3 CB, where did you see this report?

Rumph has stated exactly what I posted. I think it was an interview on media day. Dean is the clear #3 and he plays the boundary and Bandy moves to nickel. Ivey is on Deans heals. No mention of Gil at all.

Advertisement
Back