Scrimmage #2 8/22

Maybe we had ACC officials reffing the scrimmage.
Its always tough for us to get unbiased officiating. We're all up in the dome.
19897.jpg

Advertisement
I stated earlier in a recent thread, that if Dee tuned up his route running and caught everything he would be an All American.
Agreed. I hope he benefits from Likens and this offense. Dee just needed to get a little stronger, more precise in his routes, and catch it. Then, he is a pro. Sounds like a lot, but he’s pretty close all around. He just needs to tighten up a little all around and he’s a pro receiver.

Not my point at all. I don’t doubt Phillips, I fully expect him to have a huge season. Its the spin that it’s somehow going to be an addition by subtraction.

GR is a Top 10 draft pick. Losing him is a huge blow. Phillips having a 10 sack year alleviates that, but it’s not “better”.
Fair enough take, but where you lose people is “huge blow.”

Our DEs had 27 sacks in 13 games last year. How confident are you on them going under 2 sacks/game this year?

Advertisement
Flagg & Balom were my absolute least favorite players from the 2020 class, glad to see them prove me wrong!
I never understood the lack of enthusiasm for Balom. I really liked his HUDL highlights. Worst case he grows into another role. I liked him a lot.

With Flagg, just like with Jennings, it’s always been about speed for me. The guy is a quality player but he’s even slower than Shaq. I just don’t see him being fast enough. Maybe with the other guys around them like Brooks and Cave bringing the speed, those two end up being good for us in the box.

I agree I would love to be proven wrong. Would not only make me happy for them and the team, but show Manny has a better eye for talent than maybe we’ve given him credit for.

I think Diaz has the potential to be the next Dabo Swinney and make people forget about or at least stop worshiping Butch Davis as best ever... no hate on Butch, but Diaz seems to have his finger on the pulse of the players and the time we are living in. His familiarity with politics with his dad and his time at ESPN help him understand how to sell the brand... also his leadership with the “social injustice” (it doesn’t matter where you stand on the topic) Diaz has the pulse of the team with it and thats powerful for guys buying in... also he has been the coach the media has turned to with pursuing a season with Covid and had managed to lead the way keeping numbers down... all these things combined I think positions him to be very successful in this Era. 🙌🏼

Maybe in some Alternate Universe . . . but not HERE!

Advertisement
Amazing how many of you want to spread your stupidity on the board.

Lil Ernie is the next one.

Dummies spreading their **** about taking top players off the team and how we'll be better.

Like playing with little schoolchildren on here.

Get over it. We'redefinitely going to be better. It wasn't like that guy put us on his back and carried us in some games. He was a good part but wasn't here long enough or made that big of an impact were he's irreplaceable...

Miami fans are scary. Always scary. They must have just started watching college football, but we’ve replaced much better than a 10 game wonder and still won NCs. Taint, Clem, and Baga do it every year without cowering under a table and getting the chihuahua trembles.
Ohio taint literally did it with each bosa brother then to chase young. It happens all the time and it’s what makes great teams great having elite depth.

Fair enough take, but where you lose people is “huge blow.”

Our DEs had 27 sacks in 13 games last year. How confident are you on them going under 2 sacks/game this year?
Dude. How many players in college football history have racked up 15 sacks in a half dozen games, while lining up over the center, outside with a hand on the ground or standing up?

He’s a huge loss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude. How many players in college football history have racked up 15 sacks in a half dozen games, while lining up over the center, outside with a hand on the ground or standing up?

He’s a huge loss.
Probably just the 1.

That said, it’d be hard to argue he’s a huge loss *if* we end up getting similar production from his spot, and better production from the unit as a whole - which I happen to believe is entirely possible.

Advertisement
Back