Scrimmage #2 8/22

Advertisement
What is that creepy fūcking avatar?

Maybe it’s some social media creation that I should be aware of, or graphic novel character, something teenagers are into. I have no idea. I’m going to admit that I have no idea.

Maybe it’s some social media creation that I should be aware of, or graphic novel character, something teenagers are into. I have no idea. I’m going to admit that I have no idea.
The first thing I do when I wake up is post to the countdown thread and then skim through new posts. Even through blurry eyes, that avatar gives me the heebie jeebies first thing in the morning.

Advertisement

Conrad Veidt. His character in "The man who laughs" was the original inspiration for the Joker.

Conrad Veidt. His character in "The man who laughs" was the original inspiration for the Joker.

I looked at it on wiki and found that interesting tidbit from the nolan batman that I never knew was an homage. Pretty cool.

In 1680s England, King James II sentences his political enemy, Lord Clancharlie, to death in an iron maiden. Clancharlie's son, Gwynplaine, is disfigured with a permanent grin by comprachico Dr. Hardquannone, so that he will "laugh forever at his fool of a father".

Nice.

I like the Joker. Now we have some back story.

Although the latest Joker was very good, it was effed up man. Reflection of society in some ways.

But after it was over it makes you want to put your head in an oven.

Advertisement
I guess I screwed the pooch. For every person who could read it right, I know there were at least 50 who thought, "not only is this guy an a-hole but he's got this indiscernible screen name. Nope, I'm sure of it. I hate him."
It's legible. I just get lazy, stop after first few letters or word that pops out. (like your Tombstone reference)

When I signed up on Rivals I made this stupid handle thinking I could change it later & here I am 15+ years later.. I've seen Anchorman maybe twice. That might be a stretch. Such is life.

It's legible. I just get lazy, stop after first few letters or word that pops out. (like your Tombstone reference)

When I signed up on Rivals I made this stupid handle thinking I could change it later & here I am 15+ years later.. I've seen Anchorman maybe twice. That might be a stretch. Such is life.
Might I suggest changing it to rokulika? It's available and people think it's quite clever.

Advertisement

When I first read your response I thought you meant Adrian Veidt or Ozymandias. I had never heard of Conrad Veidt until today. What an interesting person..

Advertisement
When I first read your response I thought you meant Adrian Veidt or Ozymandias. I had never heard of Conrad Veidt until today. What an interesting person..
He was mostly a silent film actor but today most remember his role (Major Strasser) in Casablanca.

strasser.jpg
casablanca.jpg

Advertisement
Back