Scrimmage #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CMR wants to keep Cade around, he redshirts Jarren this season. That's assuming he wants to keep him.

Advertisement
I love how people around here immediately jump to negative conclusions when a coach get's tight lipped about something and secretive.

I think it may be the opposite. Good things are to come and these things are ready to be unleashed on September 2nd.

Man can’t believe some of the things some of you that say you’re fans are saying. Most are not Rosier fans ( I’m not) but already forming conclusions he’s going to fail is just stupid. I hope he does prove us all wrong but wanting one of our own to fail is just dumb. Curious to see the new depth chart tomorrow.

@LuCane It is ok if Richt does this and we win national championships or a ACC title, but he hasn’t won anything yet. No stats, no real answer about competition and progress with our DL or CB.. Or QB competition even for #2 I hope he was just tired and frustrated but “we” deserve more transparency later this week.

Stop. We don't deserve &hit so stop with your 'lack of transparency' narrative. You're just trying to start &hit.

I love the fact that he is keeping details close to the vest. Tells me that he is not taking the LSU game lightly at all. None of that 'it's just another game, bull&hit'. No, it's not just another game. This game is the ultimate test on the big stage that can let the world one of two things: a) that we are officially back as a powerhouse program, or b) we are the same ol' over-hyped, unprepared Canes of the past decade.

So no, I wouldn't tell you guys a thing. Avoids all of the silly overreactions and overanalysis by the media and expert fans, and best of all it keeps LSU guessing.

I don't care how you do it Richt, but win this ******* game! I still hate them for that Peach Bowl rape we took, and I want us to bask in the glory that we turned their program into a years long tailspin. Because if we win it and win convincingly, Bayou Nation will come after Orgeron with pitchforks and voodoo dolls.

What do you expect from a coach who doesn't have the experience or football knowledge you do? Good thing Eisenhower didn't tell the Germans we were invading Normandy so that he could adhere to your standard of transparency. A coach owes nothing to the fans during prep time. or more importantly to the opponent.

I agree completely. It does make tactical sense. And as a fan I look at it this way. He gave some basics to go by...and the "secrecy " adds a little to the suspense and anticipation of the season and more so the LSU game. Kinda like shaking the present but not opening it until Christmas morning.

We will see the updated depth charts through the next couple weeks. That along with some bais info drops should he enough to gauge how most kids are playing.

Advertisement
What do you expect from a coach who doesn't have the experience or football knowledge you do? Good thing Eisenhower didn't tell the Germans we were invading Normandy so that he could adhere to your standard of transparency. A coach owes nothing to the fans during prep time. or more importantly to the opponent.

I never put myself out as a genius, but, I’m not a sheep and take what ever garbage that is thrown at me and say thank you.. Yes, I do expect a coach to give some transparency. If you are fine without it then good for you.. To me it looks like he is hiding something.. I hope he proves me wrong.

He said the running backs didn't have any long runs but they had some good tough runs (which basically means our safeties are filling and tackling well.)

Richt also said that there were some long quarterback runs though.

Quiet, don't wake the Rosier's haters up. It should be clear he is going to be the starting quarterback.

@LuCane It is ok if Richt does this and we win national championships or a ACC title, but he hasn’t won anything yet. No stats, no real answer about competition and progress with our DL or CB.. Or QB competition even for #2 I hope he was just tired and frustrated but “we” deserve more transparency later this week.

2nk3p6u.gif

I love how people around here immediately jump to negative conclusions when a coach get's tight lipped about something and secretive.

I think it may be the opposite. Good things are to come and these things are ready to be unleashed on September 2nd.

It’s honestly incredible that people care.

Advertisement
I never put myself out as a genius, but, I’m not a sheep and take what ever garbage that is thrown at me and say thank you.. Yes, I do expect a coach to give some transparency. If you are fine without it then good for you.. To me it looks like he is hiding something.. I hope he proves me wrong.

Obviously, he is hiding something, he said it, he showed it, but he's not hiding it from you.

Should have been more specific. We didn’t even put the Spring game on ESPN 3. Had to be one of the only major programs with no coverage.

The coaching staff knows almost nothing about LSU and need to piece their game-plan together. That can only be balanced by some element of surprise on our end.

Biggest concern is Bubba. We need him to be consistent from inside 50. I don’t give a **** if he can hit a 57 yarder. CMR will never kick that in a real game.

Advertisement
If CMR wants to keep Cade around, he redshirts Jarren this season. That's assuming he wants to keep him.

I don’t think there was real doubt Jarren Woukdnt Get a shirt. Especially after potentially wiffing on a QB this recruiting cycle. Only way he doesn’t shirt is if in the 4 games he can play without burning eliihibiyu he’s lights out.

Advertisement
Come on no canes fan will be mad if Rosier proves himself. They might pretend like they supported him all along or something, but they won't be mad.

That's logical, but fan base is not. THe kid is a CANE, has been an exemplary student athlete and person. He is our starting QB, like or not. We should all hope he is terrific and not a bust jut to prove a point on a message board.

Expectations should be realistic, he did some really good things last year and his two comeback victories are epic. Rosier will be talked about way beyond his graduation for the pass to Langham as the beginning of the end at FSPU

I don't know who should be the QB, trust Richt, what I do know whoever the QB is as a CANE, I am 100%.

The opinions of those feeling otherwise that's fair, but bashing this kid is not.

It's gonna look something like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back