Scrambled Thoughts

U

User-4525

1. This isn't a major concern of mine but our coaches need to learn how to rotate 3 RBs in a game. It is imperative for the 2019 season with homer's NFL status TBD and the possibility of adding Crowley/MAR to our already loaded backfield.

2. Bigger concern on offense moving forward: playcalling or oline?

3. Special teams woes...How much do you attribute to our terrible punting and how much do you attribute to poor coverage and tackling?

Great victory this week. I haven't felt this good about the program in a long time. We are bringing in balanced recruiting classes and players are generally improving each year.

Advertisement
I did not like what I saw majority of the game in terms of play calling vs FSU. The pure stubbornness of richt was on full display at times with that excessive running on first down even when it wasn’t working. So the playcalling is attributing to the lack of success of the oline imo. They have their shortcomings as it is but richt is doing them no favors by pressing the issue excessively especially against an athletic front like FSU

And i want to see mark pope and Lorenzo Lingard get more touches on offense, no reason they shouldn’t be playing right now

I did not like what I saw majority of the game in terms of play calling vs FSU. The pure stubbornness of richt was on full display at times with that excessive running on first down even when it wasn’t working. So the playcalling is attributing to the lack of success of the oline imo. They have their shortcomings as it is but richt is doing them no favors by pressing the issue excessively especially against an athletic front like FSU

4-5 drops from us, a TD to wiggins that shoulda been complete. And 4-5 balls Kosi should've hit. You turn 9 of those incompletions to completions and he's throwing 68.5%. Those errors on the play call though right?

It's my understanding that running backs like to carry more and get stronger with more carries. So trying to get three running backs into a normal game is rediculus. Rotating two backs is enough.

Advertisement
1. This isn't a major concern of mine but our coaches need to learn how to rotate 3 RBs in a game. It is imperative for the 2019 season with homer's NFL status TBD and the possibility of adding Crowley/MAR to our already loaded backfield.

2. Bigger concern on offense moving forward: playcalling or oline?

3. Special teams woes...How much do you attribute to our terrible punting and how much do you attribute to poor coverage and tackling?

Great victory this week. I haven't felt this good about the program in a long time. We are bringing in balanced recruiting classes and players are generally improving each year.

1. agree as far as the future, but guys don't get into a rhythm if they're constantly getting taken out of the game.
2. I've been saying OL, but I'm coming around to the play calling issues. That DL looked terrifying and I just couldn't imagine what Richt was thinking running right at them, then having Perry stand around waiting for slow developing routes to come open. It seems pretty obvious that when the DL is really getting after your QB you need to get him some plays that he can throw right the fck away.
3. Both, but against fsu I'd say coverage was worse. And that's just terrible. We don't have a good punter, that just is what it is. But kick coverage is something these guys have all practiced for years and there's really no good reason to be that bad at it.

And i want to see mark pope and Lorenzo Lingard get more touches on offense, no reason they shouldn’t be playing right now
Who are Pope and Lingard playing over, who are you taking out?

Wiggins and Hightower are ahead of Pope. While I’d love to see pope play, he isn’t deserving right now. Too many ahead of him.

I bet play calling isn’t as bad as we think when we count the drops and missed open WRs.

Advertisement
Why does everyone think Homer is going to the NFL? He's not a first day draft pick (at this point).
If he leaves I think it would be because he's worried Dallas and Lingard could eventually pass him up on the depth chart. No dis, I love homer as a player.

Why does everyone think Homer is going to the NFL? He's not a first day draft pick (at this point).
If he leaves I think it would be because he's worried Dallas and Lingard could eventually pass him up on the depth chart. No dis, I love homer as a player.

Because the shelf life of a running back is insanely short. They declare early every year.

In a tight game I see why Homer and DJ stayed in but last week against UNC Lingawd should have definitely got a few touches.

Oline is more concerning than play calling at this point. When Perry is given time he can make any throw. If the run game gets going then we will be unstoppable with the way the D is playing.

Advertisement
A lot of great players have come through and didn't play as true freshman. Not all of them are ready and they aren't better than the guys playing ahead of them.

The punts have been nothing short of atrocious that doesn't bail out the horrible coverage which all fall on hartley. I really believe hartley is an asset but the extra position coach should have been a special teams coach especially since we know an OC is out of the question.

Richt stubbornness stems from trying to impose our will against teams but we dont have the line to do so which means you take what the defenses give you. He will live and die by his tendencies, throws won't always be perfect or completed which is why it's imperative that we develop other plays on first and second downs to make 3rd and long into 3rd and short.

At this point of the season going on to acc play I think it will be harder to develop chances for a third back when you couple the dominance of dallas and homer with the stability of choc on short yardage plays.

Advertisement
I don't see how special teams isn't the biggest concerns.

Yeah, Richt's play-calling is conservative and outdated, but every time we shank a punt and net 20 yards, it's the same thing as a turnover.

I think it's execution more than anything. 5 missed some wide open receivers. I think the offense will look a lot better once 5 gets settled. Everybody wants a Willie Taggert like offense until they get.....Willie Taggert.....lol.

I don't think they have to rotate 3 running backs. The best 2 will play. The guys coming in know who they have to beat out. Lingard and Camron Davis knew.

Special teams is the biggest concern. It cost us LSU and it almost cost us vs FSU. We can’t score unless we are within 35 yards of a fg, we can’t flip the field, we can’t stop a return and we don’t tackle. It puts both offense and defense in terrible predicaments

Advertisement
Back