Scrambled Thoughts

Richt needs to be more creative in the running game and needs to incorporate more high percentage throws in the passing game.

Running game is stale and predictable and for some reason he refuses to take advantage of the middle of the field in the passing game (where are the crossing routes?) Why not incorporate more one step drop, quick read throws. We don't have some NFL caliber QB who is going to be able to take 3 step drops and Read the whole field with a good pass rush caving in on him. Only team having success with that right now is Bama because Tau is on another level.

His play calling is not conservative, and I think people are misusing that word when in reality his offense is just inefficient and inconsistent throughout the game because he doesn't create high percentage match ups and easy pre snap reads for the QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Homer should prob leave. He will have almost 2 full years of tape as a starter. He’s not going to improve his stock much and shelf life of RBs is short.

He will definitely make a team on STs alone.

To add to my last post, I know we briefly used some motion in the running game earlier in the season (maybe Toledo?) and created a ton of space and running room near the goal line. Simple things like that can really spread out a defense and make them one step slower. Its funny, Ive seen our defense on numerous occasions scrambling to communicate and align when receivers are in motion, yet richt won't incorporate it for our O.

Smoke and mirrors works, just ask the KC chiefs when they played the jags last week.

To add to my last post, I know we briefly used some motion in the running game earlier in the season (maybe Toledo?) and created a ton of space and running room near the goal line. Simple things like that can really spread out a defense and make them one step slower. Its funny, Ive seen our defense on numerous occasions scrambling to communicate and align when receivers are in motion, yet richt won't incorporate it for our O.

Smoke and mirrors works, just ask the KC chiefs when they played the jags last week.
Facts man smh lol, I like Richt and believe he can succeed here as a playcaller but he does make it easier to defend our offense by not incorporating things like this

Last edited:
Advertisement
I did not like what I saw majority of the game in terms of play calling vs FSU. The pure stubbornness of richt was on full display at times with that excessive running on first down even when it wasn’t working. So the playcalling is attributing to the lack of success of the oline imo. They have their shortcomings as it is but richt is doing them no favors by pressing the issue excessively especially against an athletic front like FSU

And i want to see mark pope and Lorenzo Lingard get more touches on offense, no reason they shouldn’t be playing right now
I don’t disagree with your point on Richts stubbornness

However I would like to add the last two weeks we finished off games by beating teams into submission with the run game. The whole goal of being stubborn early in the game.

Not sticking up for Richt but just some food for thought since the playcalling is always a hot button topic

Richt needs to be more creative in the running game and needs to incorporate more high percentage throws in the passing game.

Running game is stale and predictable and for some reason he refuses to take advantage of the middle of the field in the passing game (where are the crossing routes?) Why not incorporate more one step drop, quick read throws. We don't have some NFL caliber QB who is going to be able to take 3 step drops and Read the whole field with a good pass rush caving in on him. Only team having success with that right now is Bama because Tau is on another level.

His play calling is not conservative, and I think people are misusing that word when in reality his offense is just inefficient and inconsistent throughout the game because he doesn't create high percentage match ups and easy pre snap reads for the QB.

I agree, I think there are some conceptual shortcoming to the system he runs. It goes much deeper than just play calls

He didn’t trust Rosier to throw in the middle of the field. And with Perry only making his second start he hasn’t opened that up yet. As he gets more comfortable with Perry I’m sure we’ll see Richt attack the middle of the field more. He did it with Kaaya.

Where tf is this Homer leaving early coming from lol y'all juiced for even thinking that ****

Advertisement
Where tf is this Homer leaving early coming from lol y'all juiced for even thinking that ****

I didn’t say he was leaving. I said it’s up in the air. Like Diego said, he will have two years of tape. I brought up his NFL status because if he comes back we’ll either need to rotate 3 backs (which is why I’m advocating for us to start now) or be prepared for transfers and chemistry problems.

I would like to see more of that jet sweep zone read action that we ran with Malik and Homer. Would also like to see one counter on the outside zone. And I think we are better at running power out of pistol. Deejay had a great run on that set when he got horse collared. It’s a versatile look because it sets up power, counter and PA

They’re still cold as **** but I’m used to it at this point. The consistent grey skies are the worst part imo

I suggest a Snuggie to keep warm. It’s a blanket with sleeves.

I often crank the heat up, put it on, make a nice cup of hot chocolate and listen to Mariah Carey love ballads.

Advertisement
I did not like what I saw majority of the game in terms of play calling vs FSU. The pure stubbornness of richt was on full display at times with that excessive running on first down even when it wasn’t working. So the playcalling is attributing to the lack of success of the oline imo. They have their shortcomings as it is but richt is doing them no favors by pressing the issue excessively especially against an athletic front like FSU

And i want to see mark pope and Lorenzo Lingard get more touches on offense, no reason they shouldn’t be playing right now

I tend to agree about the runs, but if you want to run it requires commitment. Homer lays licks every run and that does take is toll on the defense.

I didn’t say he was leaving. I said it’s up in the air. Like Diego said, he will have two years of tape. I brought up his NFL status because if he comes back we’ll either need to rotate 3 backs (which is why I’m advocating for us to start now) or be prepared for transfers and chemistry problems.
I get the second part and I agree but I just don't see how it would be up in the air . Hasn't done enough imo to even think about it

I tend to agree about the runs, but if you want to run it requires commitment. Homer lays licks every run and that does take is toll on the defense.
Maybe so but it seemed like we would run predominantly slow developing run plays **** near every first down and it would get stuffed putting us in 2nd and long. Switch it up and pass the ball on first down sometimes to throw them off

Advertisement
Maybe so but it seemed like we would run predominantly slow developing run plays **** near every first down and it would get stuffed putting us in 2nd and long. Switch it up and pass the ball on first down sometimes to throw them off

Brock, when are you coming to New Jersey?

I’d like to buy you a nice steak dinner and show you a good time.

@Kyle Liburd

1) yes! Lo and Robert should be getting touches. Richt knows how to do it as well.

2) O-line...we actually leave a lot of plays on the field because of that horrid left side.

3) it was just getting a decent punt at first. Now we get up a decent punt but our coverage is ****.

I get the second part and I agree but I just don't see how it would be up in the air . Hasn't done enough imo to even think about it

We’ll see. I don’t want to see an Alvin Kamara situation at UM.

A thought that came to mind at the moment was "is he trying to win some war of attrition?". I figured Richt knew something about the chumps on the other side's conditioning.

Advertisement
Back