Scout.com in trouble:

Mike Bakas lived in Central Florida as he was "covering" the Canes on a "daily" basis...

Let that sink in

That m'fer still owes me the 2004 recruiting class highlights VHS that I paid for

Didn't he work on the equipment staff when he was young and was very close to the team then.He was the best cane insider for a while there.

I think he enrolled in the U as a freshman but left after either his first semester or first year.

He had his own recruiting site at the same time Grassy was operating in the late '90's, I think it was called Sunstate or Sunshine State Recruiting. He did a pretty good job. That was while he was still in high school. I don't know how he was able to scout all the talent around the state but he seemed to find a way.

I think he was over at the old Rivals for a while, then all of a sudden jumped ship to be with Grassy on Scout. I think he never got money he was owed from the old Rivals. I don't remember the history, but I think the Rivals founders left and started Scout.

Advertisement
Does Shadow's board still exist? It was pretty good back in the day..

troubleshooting

Doesn't seem very active. I almost never go over there. Haven't been on Scout in ages. Even longer since I've been on the Rivals board.

There just aren't that many Hurricane fans out there compared to most other bigtime programs, and it's worse when we're not competing for the top spot.

I was a member of the Grassy board back in the Butch Davis days. I live in Los Angeles and loved finding a site where other Cane fans talk about the program. I disliked Canesport, although I was a subscriber to the newspaper edition in the early 90s.

The Scout board died during Golden's last full season. The program was floundering, there was no hope. The board reflected this attitude. The only poster worth reading was the occasional thread from RandomWalk. He claimed to be an insider, although I do not know if he was or wasn't. He was creative at fabricating stories if nothing else.

The only thing I miss was the live chat room Scout used to have. During the 2000 and 2001 seasons I would watch the game on TV while logged into the chat room. The room was later discontinued for reasons not known to me. When winning big the chats were fun. Today they would be a drag. Too much negativity - like many, or most, porsters today.

It was really easy to be an insider when everything was going right, it's when the program hit the skids and people actually wanted answers that most of these guys were debunked. Remember the Gruden fiasco? LOL.

I'm a member there mostly because my membership just rolls over but if I doubt I go there more than 3-4 times a year.

I remember finding Grassy in the late 90's. I believe it was the Grassy Knoll, then shortened to Grassy (play on owners last name iirc).

Went from there to Rivals, then Scout, then here once Moni nuked the Lounge. I'm at WEZ most of the time now, but still check in here for recruiting and basketball/baseball news.

Epic **** from those old boards. Girlygirls adventures, chefcane's lies, La Kosher Nostra, the Rib Shack, Jugsy; not to mention the posters: Gables, BurtReynoldsisBald, BODESLAMM, lol.

Advertisement
Grassy was great in the day. It deteriorated into a constant race war. I'm glad a lot of the posters are not here

Advertisement
Back