Scout.com in trouble:

Thought DBC got married to Heather, had a child, divorced, and he defaulted on his child support. Fugging bumb whose adventures are immortalized on the internet.

Advertisement
Mike Bakas lived in Central Florida as he was "covering" the Canes on a "daily" basis...

Let that sink in

That m'fer still owes me the 2004 recruiting class highlights VHS that I paid for

Didn't he work on the equipment staff when he was young and was very close to the team then.He was the best cane insider for a while there.

The remnants of grassy finally laid to rest.
We like to think this place was inspired by the original Grassy: Eye of the Hurricane (iirc). Late 90s, I was playing HS ball and then following the slightly older NW stars, as well as our soon-to-be return to dominance. D$ and I met a few years later through our girlfriends (at the time). We met Andrew through a Canetime Member's board, which had become so frustrating that D$ and I thought to do our own thing and return to the days of Grassy boards: a board comprised of substantive posters and discussions - or attempted, anyway. Pete and D$ met thereafter.

There are still dozens of posters from those days who are now part of this board. It's weird to think some of us have been reading MedleyCane's coaching reviews for almost 20 years. TheSwagger1, Dynasty, Chise, AU and so many others have been obsessively following this team forever. Lots have splintered off. Perhaps we'll all get to celebrate another 'ship together some time soon.

Last edited:
Dang I never really realized it but I have been on these boards since like '04 or '05. I just remember all the DBC stuff, it was hilarious. But sad at the same time. Guy was special, like short bus special. It was pretty pathetic how easy it was for people to get him all riled up. And then they flipping guy started making self defending videos of himself on youtube...oh boy... But that board went to **** fast. Actually the caneinsidler board was not bad at their inception but it also fell off fast. They hired a few guys and they all turned out to be bad moves.. They had that one real fat guy,(can't remember his name) oh beast, brandon odoi? or something. kinda reminded me of carlton from fresh prince..lol But they went from having some info to having nothing in a hurry.

I guess in the end it gives you a lot more respect for the work that has been done on this site. Its great, good content. The mods do a fairly good job of filtering the riff raff of other team posters that come here to be idiots. I think I recall Lu from scout, I know I met 561Cane on one of these boards too. Good work Lu, D, andrew and pete of making this a great place to come for canes information and conversation.

We like to think this place was inspired by the original Grassy: Eye of the Hurricane (iirc). Late 90s, I was playing HS ball and then following the slightly older NW stars, as well as our soon-to-be return to dominance. D$ and I met a few years later through our girlfriends (at the time). We met Andrew through a Canetime Member's board, which had become so frustrating that D$ and I thought to do our own thing and return to the days of Grassy boards: a board comprised of substantive posters and discussions - or attempted, anyway. Pete and D$ met thereafter.

There are still dozens of posters from those days who are now part of this board. It's weird to think some of us have been reading MedleyCane's coaching reviews for almost 20 years. TheSwagger1, Dynasty, Chise, AU and so many others have been obsessively following this team forever. Lots have splintered off. Perhaps we'll all get to celebrate another 'ship together some time soon.

Remember Chefcane? Whatever happened to him? He really used to get the grassy board going. Claimed to have inside knowledge. Used to get many pages of comments. I could never figure out if he was for real. Then one day he just upped and disappeared. Who was guy? (...If there is a state of limitations on identity secrecy.)

Advertisement

Remember Chefcane? Whatever happened to him? He really used to get the grassy board going. Claimed to have inside knowledge. Used to get many pages of comments. I could never figure out if he was for real. Then one day he just upped and disappeared. Who was guy? (...If there is a state of limitations on identity secrecy.)

You're totally correct. He did have quite an array of inside info!! LOL. We have also lost a few of our OG's from those days , too.
It was a great time because slowly we were on the UP!! Hopefully we will do it again, soon!!

I was a member of the Grassy board back in the Butch Davis days. I live in Los Angeles and loved finding a site where other Cane fans talk about the program. I disliked Canesport, although I was a subscriber to the newspaper edition in the early 90s.

The Scout board died during Golden's last full season. The program was floundering, there was no hope. The board reflected this attitude. The only poster worth reading was the occasional thread from RandomWalk. He claimed to be an insider, although I do not know if he was or wasn't. He was creative at fabricating stories if nothing else.

The only thing I miss was the live chat room Scout used to have. During the 2000 and 2001 seasons I would watch the game on TV while logged into the chat room. The room was later discontinued for reasons not known to me. When winning big the chats were fun. Today they would be a drag. Too much negativity - like many, or most, porsters today.

Then there as Mapcane who used to go nuclear on Shannon. Very tough stuff. Turned out to be right.
He disappeared, too...

I remember the old Grassy board well. Back then it was such a new experience. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago now. Wow...

Advertisement
Couldn't image how entertaining this board would be if we won it all again

Advertisement
Wasn't Chefcane Roger Federer's agent or something like that?

How about Walkin Cane who used to post pictures of his hot older wife? Guy was a trip.

I miss those days.

Many of us on Grassy met in person at a sports bar in Lower Manhattan in 99 when we played in the Kickoff Classic and for years later had many great tailgates around the country. Here is a picture from ultimate trip The Rose Bowl Grassy is in this photo rose.jpg

Many of us on Grassy met in person at a sports bar in Lower Manhattan in 99 when we played in the Kickoff Classic and for years later had many great tailgates around the country. Here is a picture from ultimate trip The Rose Bowl Grassy is in this photoView attachment 40454

Recognize some in picture. Miamijoe,Randy, maracane, Grassy, Paige, Eric, Craig and others who we came to know in later years

Advertisement
This may push more people onto canesinsight.

I wish there were more Miami fan websites. This is basically the only Miami site that exists. Not counting the caneinsider site where 10,000 threads are posted by PapaCane but nobody ever responds. And this isn't a massive website either.

I used to be on there b4 it went dead outta nowhere..

Advertisement
Back