Scout.com in trouble:

Advertisement
From footballscoop.com:

Scout.com: Scout has been “hit with an involuntary Chapter 11 petition in the US Bankruptcy Court”.
Scout has 21 days to respond or would make the bankrutcy official. According to TheStreet.com three primary
creditors are owed nearly $800,000. Scout Media President responded to TheStreet via email by saying,
“We have no comment at this time other than to say Scout’s best-in-class network of publishers will continue
to provide the premium content and dynamic communities that our millions of users know and love.”

Advertisement
I had no idea that the founder of scout also founded Rivals. So he was competing against.....himself? sold them both for $160 mil combined...had no idea the sites were worth that much.

I had no idea that the founder of scout also founded Rivals. So he was competing against.....himself? sold them both for $160 mil combined...had no idea the sites were worth that much.

Advertising is a helluva money stream

Advertisement
Mike Bakas lived in Central Florida as he was "covering" the Canes on a "daily" basis...

Let that sink in

That m'fer still owes me the 2004 recruiting class highlights VHS that I paid for

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good. That site has gone to ****, and the guys that run it are even bigger @ssholes. A while back, i tried to cancel my membership 3 times, but since they make you call a number instead of being able to cancel online, i wasn't able to get through. When i finally did, it was 1 day late.....less than 12 hours late! They would not refund me and instead charged me for a full year. I went ballistic and loaded their sites with negative posts just to be a jerk. All they do now is post links for news.....they bring nothing to the table themselves. The conversation there is dead as well, like most other team sites.

I definitely miss the Grassy forum from back in the day. It was the first forum i ever joined and got me hooked on recruiting news.

This may push more people onto canesinsight.

I wish there were more Miami fan websites. This is basically the only Miami site that exists. Not counting the caneinsider site where 10,000 threads are posted by PapaCane but nobody ever responds. And this isn't a massive website either.

Advertisement
Back