Scott Frost

Advertisement
Lmao, you just can’t stay away from me.

You two ....

brokeback-mountain-brokeback-mountain-gifs.gif

Advertisement
Frost is pretty much done at Nebraska. Problem is with that program is that they are behind the 8 ball in regards to talent acquisition. Kids aren't interested in attending Nebraska from talent rich hotbeds anymore(The explosion of FBS programs makes it more attractive for a guy that would have once attended NU to go to USF or UCF instead), and the local recruiting isn't anywhere close to making up the difference(The Omaha connection that gave them Johnny Rodgers and Ahman Green is long dead).

Frost tried to recruit outside of the usual places for NU and it backfired spectacularly. Nebraska fans and boosters may have to come to a tough reckoning: The days of NU winning titles may be over, the only way it happens is if they drastically overpay for some hyper elite coach, ala Meyer and they are able to use their star power to win despite the limitations of that program. The ceiling for NU in the 21st century is to become Wisconsin. In other words, a solid Top 25 program that utilizes bully ball to stay in games, but isn't capable of being consistently elite.

How could you say they need an upgrade over a Martinez if you lead with the premise of a failed coaching staff?

Not only would said player be poorly coached but the staff wouldn't have the wherewithal to develop someone else.

Martinez is a tremendous talent and a Heisman candidate in the right system.
Martinez a Heisman candidate???? Lmaoooooo

Advertisement
How could you say they need an upgrade over a Martinez if you lead with the premise of a failed coaching staff?

Not only would said player be poorly coached but the staff wouldn't have the wherewithal to develop someone else.

Martinez has not gotten better in the 5 years there

under Frost snd his regime they haven’t found (recruit or transfer) anyone to beat him out

“Martinez is a tremendous talent”…. For real? The guy isn’t a modern day QB… Nebraska isn’t in the 90’s anymore.

Martinez has not gotten better in the 5 years there

under Frost snd his regime they haven’t found (recruit or transfer) anyone to beat him out

“Martinez is a tremendous talent”…. For real? The guy isn’t a modern day QB… Nebraska isn’t in the 90’s anymore.
none of what you say negates the premise of my post; which is, without the quallity coaching you claim Nebraska lacks you can't rip a kid for not developing. Especially one with his talent (athleticism + ability to run & throw the ball). You can neither refute the premise nor Martinez's talent.

Tell us more.

Lmao, you just can’t stay away from me.

We've all had bad takes before....this was from 2 years ago though... even I thought Frost would get them moving in the right direction especially in year 4 so you could say I was wrong as well....

I’m not making gifs for this.

I will make a battle gif though

F9090F72-FF35-466E-9D76-2C433C453E59.gif

Advertisement
Nebraska has to go back to it’s roots of option football. Paul Johnson won the ACC a couple times with it. It is a pain to play and prepare against. I believe they could pick up some talented option QB’s and RB’s. Defensively is where they will have to start paying serious cash for a good DC staff and make development a key. If Neb can become a place where players are developed into good to great players they’ll win some recruits. That’s imo the best they can hope for.

Martinez is a turnover machine though. Seems to always throw a pick and fumble for a touchdown

I’m sorry, what? I think Martinez is the reason for frosts downfall.. his loyalty to him. The kid has some arm talent but can’t get through his reads fast enough and is a turnover machine. He couldn’t win a heisman on ncaa rookie mode
maybe the right system and proper coaching could fix his reads and turnovers, no?

If you can comprehend (very important) my original post you'd see I said he has enough arm/foot/athletic talent to, with the right coach & system, be a Heisman candidate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
maybe the right system and proper coaching could fix his reads and turnovers, no?

So, if you can comprehend (very important) my original post, you'd see I said he has enough arm/foot/athletic talent to, with the right coach & system, be a Heisman candidate.
Your read are your reads systems change what you’re reading but if you’re not able to get through them and make the best decisions none of it changes. You can have all the arm talent in the world and not be worth a ****. I understand his traits but he is who he is as much as frost is. Frost isn’t the reason he’s a turnover machine

none of what you say negates the premise of my post; which is, without the quallity coaching you claim Nebraska lacks you can't rip a kid for not developing. Especially one with his talent (athleticism + ability to run & throw the ball). You can neither refute the premise nor Martinez's talent.
I don’t know why you have a hard on for Martinez who at best is a poor mans Denard Robinson…

martinez snd Robinson both cannot throw the bell well

I’m done debating ****ty Nebraska football. Have a good Sunday

Advertisement
Back