Scott Frost Show Cause

Advertisement
It is crazy how fleeting success can be. This guy was on top of the world at UCF and has just gone south since.
If you are decent coach, you should be able to win at schools like UCF, SMU, Houston and SDSU. Talented kids will will be available because of amount of talent in the state. I personally think Nebraska killed itself when they joined the Big 10. They lost Texas pipeline and it was over.

This is his money year. His fifth year at Nebraska, crazy how time flies. Program was a complete rebuild but he's doing nothing in terms of wins and losses. 4, 5, 3, and 3 wins lmao. I know they lost a lot of close games last year but that doesn't fly. He probably needs 6-7 wins and bowl eligible to keep his job. Not hard to do but somehow he has managed to not do it lol.

Advertisement
I thought the penalties were a little odd.

• A one-year extension to the current probationary period (through April 2023).
  • A $10,000 fine.
  • A one-year show-cause order for the football head coach, plus a five-day suspension from all coaching duties during the championship segment of the 2022 football season.
  • A reduction of the number of football countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the spring 2022 season.
  • All noncoaching staff members will be removed from practice and competition for five consecutive days during the championship segment of the 2022 season.

This is his money year. His fifth year at Nebraska, crazy how time flies. Program was a complete rebuild but he's doing nothing in terms of wins and losses. 4, 5, 3, and 3 wins lmao. I know they lost a lot of close games last year but that doesn't fly. He probably needs 6-7 wins and bowl eligible to keep his job. Not hard to do but somehow he has managed to not do it lol.

What he did at UCF was impressive, but the sample size is super small

hard to see him turning it around. I am actually surprised he hasnt been fired yet. His record is 10-25 in 4 years. Could you imagine if he was the coach here with that record?

Advertisement
It is crazy how fleeting success can be. This guy was on top of the world at UCF and has just gone south since.
Go look at Frost's career record. Its terrible 34-36 career record. Yes had one undefeated year but won 6 games one time every other year was less than 6 wins. Manny was 21-15 what does that tell you. Nebraska thought he was their savior. Frost is a one hit wonder. Nebraska is a mess.

I guess the question is, how much of his tenure at Nebraska is attributable to Nebraska itself and how much is on him? Resurrecting that program has to be a remarkably difficult task. God bless him for trying to save it but winning there now has to be pretty **** difficult. If I'm him, I go to a middling school and if he has some success, maybe he can land a bigger gig and blame his failure on Nebraska.

Edit: As an aside, I'm a fan of the old line, "There but for the grace of God, go I." Imagine if we weren't in Miami and in a hotbed of talent where we'd be after nearly 2 decades of irrelevance. God bless Miami!

What he did at UCF was impressive, but the sample size is super small

hard to see him turning it around. I am actually surprised he hasnt been fired yet. His record is 10-25 in 4 years. Could you imagine if he was the coach here with that record?
My rule is must win with 2 different QB's... 1 doesn't count...

Go look at Frost's career record. Its terrible 34-36 career record. Yes had one undefeated year but won 6 games one time every other year was less than 6 wins. Manny was 21-15 what does that tell you. Nebraska thought he was their savior. Frost is a one hit wonder. Nebraska is a mess.
In fairness to Frost, that UCF program hummed quite nicely for a few years after he left which suggests to me he would have kept winning had he stayed. Instead, he tried to white knight his alma mater and that has sunk his career.

Advertisement
I will just never understand why he hitched his wagon to Adrian Martinez for so long. He literally had this kid as his starting QB for 4 years and the kid was average at best. Never went and tried to find himself a stud. Now he needs a miracle to save his job.

The title of this thread sucks.

Reminds me of some Hunger Games movie title that makes no sense unless you have read the books.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back