Scott Frost Show Cause

Advertisement
Go look at Frost's career record. Its terrible 34-36 career record. Yes had one undefeated year but won 6 games one time every other year was less than 6 wins. Manny was 21-15 what does that tell you. Nebraska thought he was their savior. Frost is a one hit wonder. Nebraska is a mess.
Frost's problem is he hitched his wagon to Adrian Martinez for 4 years straight. Like how Tom Herman stuck to Ehlinger, only Martinez is more mobile than Ehlinger but a much worse decision maker

If you are decent coach, you should be able to win at schools like UCF, SMU, Houston and SDSU. Talented kids will will be available because of amount of talent in the state. I personally think Nebraska killed itself when they joined the Big 10. They lost Texas pipeline and it was over.
Nebraska is never coming back. The only way they can is if they get a big time $$$ donor that’s willing to shell out millions on NIL. They’re in the middle of nowhere, have no direct flight to any city of significance, and have to compete with OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State for the same recruits. They’ve been irrelevant longer than we have, and they don’t have the $$$ or recruiting grounds that we do.

They should honestly see if the new Big 12 will take them back. They’re not positioned to compete in the Big 10.

Advertisement
Nebraska is never coming back. The only way they can is if they get a big time $$$ donor that’s willing to shell out millions on NIL. They’re in the middle of nowhere, have no direct flight to any city of significance, and have to compete with OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State for the same recruits. They’ve been irrelevant longer than we have, and they don’t have the $$$ or recruiting grounds that we do.

They should honestly see if the new Big 12 will take them back. They’re not positioned to compete in the Big 10.
They just paid the #1 portal recruit $500k, they have money lol

I will just never understand why he hitched his wagon to Adrian Martinez for so long. He literally had this kid as his starting QB for 4 years and the kid was average at best. Never went and tried to find himself a stud. Now he needs a miracle to save his job.
Completely agree.

Advertisement
I thought the penalties were a little odd.

• A one-year extension to the current probationary period (through April 2023).
  • A $10,000 fine.
  • A one-year show-cause order for the football head coach, plus a five-day suspension from all coaching duties during the championship segment of the 2022 football season.
  • A reduction of the number of football countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the spring 2022 season.
  • All noncoaching staff members will be removed from practice and competition for five consecutive days during the championship segment of the 2022 season.
They are a slap on the wrist b/c everyone breaks this rule

Seems to me that wanting to bring your ENTIRE staff from a G5 programs to a P5 program, in not only a different state but a completely different geography is a huge problem.

Look at Mario; he brought SOME of his P5 staff, but hired a ton of others that had P5 experience recruiting the areas we want to be in.

Seems to me that wanting to bring your ENTIRE staff from a G5 programs to a P5 program, in not only a different state but a completely different geography is a huge problem.

Look at Mario; he brought SOME of his P5 staff, but hired a ton of others that had P5 experience recruiting the areas we want to be in.

I'm sorry if I was overly harsh about Billy Gaypier's G5 staff at Florida. I forgot, he hired COREY RAYMOND. So, yeah, he's got one P5 coach on his staph...

Advertisement
I'm sorry if I was overly harsh about Billy Gaypier's G5 staff at Florida. I forgot, he hired COREY RAYMOND. So, yeah, he's got one P5 coach on his staph...

LOL, that doesnt really change the overall point. Its always good to get new blood on staff, especially when you go to the big leagues.

The NCAA must really be ****ed off at Alabama.

INDEED!

1651522051852.png

Advertisement
In fairness to Frost, that UCF program hummed quite nicely for a few years after he left which suggests to me he would have kept winning had he stayed. Instead, he tried to white knight his alma mater and that has sunk his career.
Josh Huepel won a lot of games with the team he inherited from Frost and ended up with the better P5 job at UT where he's getting a ton of financial backing. Frost inherited a team that went 0-11 and went undefeated two years later. Honestly, I think Nebraska is about to join Kansas as a college football black hole.

The grass isn’t always greener. Sometimes it’s best to just stay where you are at. He and Taggart made that mistake.
I know that it's in these guys' DNA to always chase the bigger fish but I'm sruprised so many coaches leave cushy G5 gigs for terrible P5 jobs. I know the money is much better so that's got to be a major factor but a guy like Frost could have stayed at UCF, won 9-10 games every year and live the easy life. Now he's got to salvage his career after he inevitably gets fired from Nebraska this year.

I know that it's in these guys' DNA to always chase the bigger fish but I'm sruprised so many coaches leave cushy G5 gigs for terrible P5 jobs. I know the money is much better so that's got to be a major factor but a guy like Frost could have stayed at UCF, won 9-10 games every year and live the easy life. Now he's got to salvage his career after he inevitably gets fired from Nebraska this year.
Ego, man. Ego. And lots of money!

Advertisement
Back