Coaching Scott Frost Fired

He got the best players as far as conference when he was at ucf proven by the nfl draft. In Nebraska once he couldn’t recruit and stood in the range they were he was done. Recipe for losing games if u recruit around where Nebraska was ranked in recruiting rankings
he got florida kids there and still sucked. he just isnt cut out for the p5. tons of coaches are similar. McElwin, Golden, Fuente, Novell, Taggart, Strong, etc.

Advertisement
Definitely a fair question. But comparing conferences the Big Ten West is easier by a wide margin. Plus Nebraska would beat any money offer. I’d make him tell me no.

I agree they are going to have to make a big move but given the difficulties they have its career suicide for any coach with good options. We shall see. It will be interesting to see how much interest there is for the job.

Advertisement
He’s not exactly in the position to be doing that anymore. This job would be beneath him in years past but it could be an option now. Both sides could use the other.

Not sure old Urbs still has the gas for the amount of work that job will require to bring it back.

Advertisement
Nebraska is the sporting world equivalent of Sears. They were hot 30 years ago, but its over. Doesn't matter who they bring in. The model that made them great 30 years ago, no longer works.
If Wisconsin can win then so can Nebraska. If Iowa can win 9 games a year, then Nebraska should be able to match or exceed that. They just need smart people in charge that understand their strengths and weaknesses. It was foolish to try to bring the Oregon/UCF system to Lincoln Nebraska.

They should hire Matt Campbell but I’m not sure he would listen, if the B1G get rid of the divisions the Huskers suddenly become a bottom tier program in the conference.

It’s impossible for Nebraska to recruit at a high level, they need someone who is a program builder and able to do more with less.

Leipold from KU could be a realistic option.

Advertisement
If Wisconsin can win then so can Nebraska. If Iowa can win 9 games a year, then Nebraska should be able to match or exceed that. They just need smart people in charge that understand their strengths and weaknesses. It was foolish to try to bring the Oregon/UCF system to Lincoln Nebraska.

All true.
Good post.
Especially your point regarding Wisconsin and Iowa.
However, I am not sure all three can be good at the same time....the type of talent they need to succeed is finite.
However, if I was them I would make a run at Lance Leipold.

Advertisement
I'd take a chance on him and Orgeron with Strong at the newly establish "Nick Saban Head Coach Rehabilitation Program, South Florida Campus".

Wisconsin has rarely been a title contender. Nebraska fans want titles, not to be 9-3 every year. They fired Pelini for that. They ran Solich out of town for that.

He’s not exactly in the position to be doing that anymore. This job would be beneath him in years past but it could be an option now. Both sides could use the other.
$150M for 10 years and make him say no.

If that’s a no go, I’d see if Sam Pittman would consider it.

Advertisement
Back