Schiano will be the next HC at Miami - IMO

I see the short bus has dropped off many in this thread.

Some of the worst suggestions include Tubbs or Schiano. Keep up the good work!
Evidently if a coach has spent just one second at the university of Miami then he is highly qualified to be the next head coach. I don't know if these posters are just young or mentally challenged.
Yeah how dare we throw out the possibility of Schiano or Tubbs getting the job. NOT whom we want, just throwing the name out there for the sake of discussion. Its not like Tubbs "wasnt" contacted for the job when Coker was canned as well as when Shannon was canned as well. Also Schiano still popular amongst the B.O.T. HOW DARE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Cause if they never coached at Miami they wouldn't even be considered by some in our fan base. There's nothing wrong with people discussing those guys. But some are convinced that Mario Chud or Schiano should legitimately be our next HC. That's what I have a problem with. We should be looking for the next great coach not some guy just cause he spent some time at the university of Miami.

Nobody would bring up Schiano other than the fact that he blows if he didn't go to Miami.
Yep. It's his only qualification for some on this board. He wouldn't even get a mention like a majority of coaches that have left for other gigs and failed have not been mentioned. **** him and his Miami ties, he's a slight upgrade over golden. If that's what some want then they deserve the ****** program that we currently have and will continue to have if we keep throwing out names like Mario and Schiano

Advertisement
Chud or Monkey boy would be a huge upgrade over Alf.

So would the last **** I took.

We need to stop with this "he can't be any worse than (fill in the most recent UM HC disaster)" and look for a winner. Keep an eye on Justin Fuente. If he has another excellent season at one of the worst jobs in the world snap him up before someone else does.

UM needs to find that dude who will be the next Gary Patterson before they have to try to lure him away from a good job where he's already established himself.

In this environment where you can build a championship program at almost any Power 5 school you're not going to be able to steal guys like Patterson because they'll just stay where they are and win there and continue to be loved and paid well. Not even big money schools like UFayg can steal HCs like Patterson AFTER they entrench themselves as winners at Power 5 schools.

he would prob be consistent not sure he would dominate. he turned rutgers around but they were like an 8-9 win team. in his defense, he put alot of good players in NFL and took over a nightmare of a program.

So he took a terrible program and turned them into an 8 win program? And he's supposedly a good recruiter? Sound familiar?

We need to stop with this "he can't be any worse than (fill in the most recent UM HC disaster)" and look for a winner. Keep an eye on Justin Fuente. If he has another excellent season at one of the worst jobs in the world snap him up before someone else does.

UM needs to find that dude who will be the next Gary Patterson before they have to try to lure him away from a good job where he's already established himself.

In this environment where you can build a championship program at almost any Power 5 school you're not going to be able to steal guys like Patterson because they'll just stay where they are and win there and continue to be loved and paid well. Not even big money schools like UFayg can steal HCs like Patterson AFTER they entrench themselves as winners at Power 5 schools.

If Fuente has the same type of season again, he is the guy you go after first. Watch him beat Ole **** this season and people will lose their chits.

Advertisement
he would prob be consistent not sure he would dominate. he turned rutgers around but they were like an 8-9 win team. in his defense, he put alot of good players in NFL and took over a nightmare of a program.

So he took a terrible program and turned them into an 8 win program? And he's supposedly a good recruiter? Sound familiar?

Hey, he averaged 6 wins a year at Rutgers.

If Fuente has the same type of season again, he is the guy you go after first. Watch him beat Ole **** this season and people will lose their chits.

He's a winner. I head him interviewed recently, and he talked about how he's taken much of what he learned in his 5 years under Patterson and applied it at Memphis.

When I say Memphis was one of the worst jobs in the world I'm not exaggerating. He competed and scared the **** out of many better programs for 2 years then won a conference championship last year. The dude is a winner.

The good thing about this upcoming season is that there won't be that many big time programs looking for a new coach. Anything can happen, but as of right now we should be one of the top brand name programs looking for a coach (if the admins handle their business). So depending on how Fuente and a couple other coordinators and HCs do we could be in a good position to get a real coach. Of course that all comes with the caveat of we have Blake James and then ****** BOT to **** all over a great opportunity.

He's a winner. I head him interviewed recently, and he talked about how he's taken much of what he learned in his 5 years under Patterson and applied it at Memphis.

When I say Memphis was one of the worst jobs in the world I'm not exaggerating. He competed and scared the **** out of many better programs for 2 years then won a conference championship last year. The dude is a winner.

I thought it was impressive when Memphis won 5 games TOTAL in the 3 years before he arrived.

Advertisement

The good thing about this upcoming season is that there won't be that many big time programs looking for a new coach. Anything can happen, but as of right now we should be one of the top brand name programs looking for a coach (if the admins handle their business). So depending on how Fuente and a couple other coordinators and HCs do we could be in a good position to get a real coach. Of course that all comes with the caveat of we have Blake James and then ****ty BOT to **** all over a great opportunity.

It is up to those simpletons Miller and Fain.

And don't forget he averaged 5 wins a year at Tampa

And don't forget he averaged 5 wins a year at Tampa

And he looks like a chimp.

GREG-SCHIANO1.jpg

Never Forget!

Advertisement
what is sad with some of yall fan is that yall are so disrespectful man its crazy we first have to get over the firing of Al Golden then if the administration wants to hire Greg Schaino then so be it we should be happy as long as its not stubborn AL Golden.Who ever they hire i will be happy with i strongly feel that Donna use to Micromanage so much so that we don't truly kno what the B.O.T could really do and now that she is gone we should fine out what they are made of i think Stuart Miller is going to make this call so we should all see it will be exciting.

Advertisement

Not saying they're top of my list, just a statement . They'd be way better than the last three idiots, which isn't saying a lot

He would be a quality hire. When he's ready to leave Memphis though he's going somewhere with the big $$$.

Not that I want to disrespect any coaches i'm not a guy to think anybody is better than al golden. We need a quality hire not just anybody else

Schianos ceiling is about the same as Golden's Imo.

come on people.. srsly?

schiano had rutgers doing well.. rutgers of all programs

golden at miami of all programs can't even get us into an ACC championship run.. schiano is on a way different level then golden will ever dream of being

Advertisement
Back