Schefter: CFB is going to happen this season

The LaFave Effect:

The older guys will remember this chick, Debra Lafave: 'I'm too pretty for prison"... She was right they didn't send her.
The Banks in 2008: "We're too Big to Fail"... They were right, got a bailout as a lot of the middle class waved bye to their houses.
NCAA / NFL Football During Pandemic "Too much money involved to not have a season"...Guess what?View attachment 115152
D984_8_067_1200.jpg

Advertisement
You think there's any chance that in a few months they can test the 100 or so people participating in football at each school? Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to test the coaches and players fairly regularly given the fact that they're developing quick tests pretty rapidly right now.

Sure they can do that. And when the asymptomatic positive tests come in, then what?

People will continue to get sick until there's a vaccine. We didn't do all of this to make the virus extinct, we did it to avoid the spike that would cripple the healthcare system and lead to unnecessary deaths. People will continue to spread Covid, influenza, and the common cold. Some of those cases will lead to pneumonia and other complications. Some will lead to death. Unless you're willing to become bubble boy, you'll get sick in the future. This is not the apocalypse, we will have sports in the fall.

I'm interested in how you think this is feasible. What happens when you have the first player or coach or support staff member test positive?

They are quarantined. I don’t see how it wouldn’t happen. Has nothing to do with optics as you’ve stated in other posts, either. Nobody will force the kids to play, they will choose too.

Advertisement
People will continue to get sick until there's a vaccine. We didn't do all of this to make the virus extinct, we did it to avoid the spike that would cripple the healthcare system and lead to unnecessary deaths. People will continue to spread Covid, influenza, and the common cold. Some of those cases will lead to pneumonia and other complications. Some will lead to death. Unless you're willing to become bubble boy, you'll get sick in the future. This is not the apocalypse, we will have sports in the fall.

The goal posts have shifted, in case you hadn't noticed.

Advertisement
We are in mid april, I'M not being negative and money don't buy lives.I don't see it at all. Remember folks, it's just a game

You could have said the same for NBA, NHL and MLB before they shut it down.
those 3 entities can survive a furlough situation even cancellation. but the NCAA you will see schools canceling non revenue sports like Cincinnati did with Mens soccer...... college athletics with out football will be history.
college bball still brings in some cash but not like football.

Advertisement
The one who has it. Kinda like the NBA guys. If you don’t test positive why would you have to be quarantined?
Would want to be in the spotlight, to make that decision. There are too many unknowns. I sure **** wouldn't want the one that pulls the trigger. Think about it. Good luck and I would hope you have the best attorneys.

As I've been seeing it, the goal seems to be to not unlock the country until we have no more people getting sick from C19.
Human nature says that wont happen. People are already trying to get out. NYC has only half *** complied. All the executive orders recommending masks are in anticipation of people cutting loose around the end of the month.

Here's your business opportunity: sports themed face masks. If I have to wear one, you can bet it will be something like that.

Advertisement
Would want to be in the spotlight, to make that decision. There are too many unknowns. I sure **** wouldn't want the one that pulls the trigger. Think about it. Good luck and I would hope you have the best attorneys.

Suing bc you get corona for willingly playing football is kind of like trying to sue for drowning in the ocean when the posted sign says, “no lifeguards, swim at your own risk.”

Advertisement
Back