Schefter: CFB is going to happen this season

Follow the money.

No way in **** the NCAA was about to let BILLIONS of dollars go down the drain.

Maybe they'll move the season back to October or something, but make no mistake about it, we playing some **** college ball this year.

It’s not just the NCAA. 95% of D1 operate in the red. Football makes the money. Only a few schools like UGA, UA, Texas, ATM, OSU, MICH Operate in the black

Advertisement
if thats the case then yeah, but realistically, can anyone see people attending large events this fall (70k mashed into stadium when more and more people have been staying home before this -- NFL and CFB attendance has been declining due to the in home experience being far superior)
I have to respectfully disagree. I was at the 17 VaTech game and home for the next. I'll tell you this much I had more fun in the stands than sitting on the mantle of my fireplace while my daughter rode her hoverboard around to the to chain song. With that being said I wished I was at home for the ACCCG and not @BOA stadium listen to C-L-E-M-S......Oooo-N. **** drove me right out of the stadium.

Never thought I would agree with you on anything. This virus really is bringing us all together 😁.

And trust me.....I don't EVER want admin *** kissing, Don Bailey Jr disciples agreeing with me.

As a matter of fact I take it all back, the NFL are a bunch of rule breaking heathens and represent the root of all evil :D

Last edited:
Less than 50/50 chance that football is played this season. Liability is enormous. As soon as you start hearing about playing in empty stadiums with "social distancing", like MLB has been throwing around, it's done.

Advertisement
I personally have no idea how the **** this is going to break in relation to when sports will return but this is a bad omen if* remotely accurate:

It's completely accurate until the good seats start getting cheap on StubHub.

My feeling on this ebbs and flows. Sometimes I feel a little bit optimistic, and then sometimes I just think it won’t happen.

Sometimes I think the college football season will be played in empty stadiums.

Sometimes I think the college football season will be played in empty stadiums until the first P5 player tests positive for Covid, media hysteria grows, and the season is cancelled.

Sometimes I think there won’t be a season at all.

Rarely do I think I’m going to be at the stadium, like I have been, high-fiving people and hugging them. Which is half the reason I like going to games. The social aspect, fist bumping, chest bumping, yelling. That’s the point of going.

Walking out of the Notre Dame game, going up to random strangers in the parking lot after the game, and yelling “that’s what I’m fūcking talking about“ and bro bumping

From the Orange bowl to hard rock, that’s always been a big part of it for me.

Sad

Fūck this cotdam virus

I have to respectfully disagree. I was at the 17 VaTech game and home for the next. I'll tell you this much I had more fun in the stands than sitting on the mantle of my fireplace while my daughter rode her hoverboard around to the to chain song. With that being said I wished I was at home for the ACCCG and not @BOA stadium listen to C-L-E-M-S......Oooo-N. **** drove me right out of the stadium.

the overall CFB attendance disagree. theres been a trend of decreasing attendance throughout CFB

and yes I'm at the home games too and go to away games. for CFB I prefer being in person even if you miss half the game. for NFL, I prefer to watch at home with red zone and the fins

Advertisement
My feeling on this ebbs and flows. Sometimes I feel a little bit optimistic, and then sometimes I just think it won’t happen.

Sometimes I think the college football season will be played in empty stadiums.

Sometimes I think the college football season will be played in empty stadiums until the first P5 player tests positive for Covid, media hysteria grows, and the season is cancelled.

Sometimes I think there won’t be a season at all.

Rarely do I think I’m going to be at the stadium, like I have been, high-fiving people and hugging them. Which is half the reason I like going to games. The social aspect, fist bumping, chest bumping, yelling. That’s the point of going.

Walking out of the Notre Dame game, going up to random strangers in the parking lot after the game, and yelling “that’s what I’m fūcking talking about“ and bro bumping

From the Orange bowl to hard rock, that’s always been a big part of it for me.

Sad

Fūck this cotdam virus

the words about empty stadium games from ADs don't sound promising (gene smith was the latest AD to voice his opinion) (lots of time still as we all know -- hopefully we do this quarantine right (shut it down for another 30 as models suggest and then gradual reopening where we can get some sort of normal life back and hopefully football by October at the latest). personally, idc if we have crickets in the stands as long as we get to see king and lashlee

the words about empty stadium games from ADs don't sound promising (gene smith was the latest AD to voice his opinion) (lots of time still as we all know -- hopefully we do this quarantine right (shut it down for another 30 as models suggest and then gradual reopening where we can get some sort of normal life back and hopefully football by October at the latest). personally, idc if we have crickets in the stands as long as we get to see king and lashlee

Well that’s the second best scenario. I like love going to games. To me that’s the whole deal. I would definitely risk it for myself, as long as I wasn’t putting any one else at risk

Is it possible fall practice gets extended and we get some decent practice time?

Is it possible fall practice gets extended and we get some decent practice time?

They have to have the normal amount of practice time they would normally and extra time to get into condition.

The risk of injury is too great

Especially after players have been sitting home and getting fat. No matter how many care packages or instructional videos they get, people are people, and they’re not gonna work as hard at home.

Advertisement
They have to have the normal amount of practice time they would normally and extra time to get into condition.

The risk of injury is too great

Especially after players have been sitting home and getting fat. No matter how many care packages or instructional videos they get, people are people, and they’re not gonna work as hard at home.

id assume they'd wipe out the entire month of sept games and just go all conference starting in oct. gives teams time to practice, train, and install their playbooks. NBA players are already saying if the season were to restart at any point this year, they'd need 4-6 weeks of another training camp and thats with them playing most of a season, camp, and familiarity with the staff/players/etc. realistically, it seems to trend that if campuses reopen, it'd be in the fall and not summer (OSU, Ole Miss, Ark already made some of their summer decisions regarding this). so say you get in early to mid August -- you have to have a training camp then a fall camp as you normally would (plus more practices since spring was wiped out and thats when you'd like to do your normal install). since these aren't paid professionals, you have to give them more time and not less time to ensure that these kids aren't just carelessly being thrown out there and risking a greater chance of injury due to lack of prep/training/etc. at least ideally, but we know the coaches and nCAA don't give a **** about the kids.

the overall CFB attendance disagree. theres been a trend of decreasing attendance throughout CFB

and yes I'm at the home games too and go to away games. for CFB I prefer being in person even if you miss half the game. for NFL, I prefer to watch at home with red zone and the fins
I was disagreeing with the at home experience is far superior part. I don't think either are superior to the other.

I was disagreeing with the at home experience is far superior part. I don't think either are superior to the other.

in terms of comfort and costs -- home is better. I like going to games too, but I know a lot more people would rather watch it at home, out of the heat, and not have to incur the costs of attending. for me, CFB is all about the in person experience of fanfare is a huge part of the game which is why I travel to away games and go to home games. I think thats what separates CFB from NFL in terms of in person viewing. NFL is always going to be corporate and you don't miss much when watching from home. part of CFB is the memories of the chants, fans, etc.

Advertisement
Less than 50/50 chance that football is played this season. Liability is enormous. As soon as you start hearing about playing in empty stadiums with "social distancing", like MLB has been throwing around, it's done.
I think it’s closer to a zero percent chance of a CFB season this year.

Not only is liability enormous, the question asked will be: if it’s not safe for the fans to attend, why will it be safe got the players to practice and play?

And the optics will be terrible, expecially since football is played largely by the historically disenfranchised in America. You’ll be putting them at risk for everyone’s entertainment while fans en mass watch from the safety of their homes

I think it’s closer to a zero percent chance of a CFB season this year.

Not only is liability enormous, the question asked will be: if it’s not safe for the fans to attend, why will it be safe got the players to practice and play?

And the optics will be terrible, expecially since football is played largely by the historically disenfranchised in America. You’ll be putting them at risk for everyone’s entertainment while fans en mass watch from the safety of their homes

Unfortunately everything you wrote is completely accurate. I was trying to be optimistic. Baseball in '21 is probably when sports come back.

Amateur athletics will not resume until a vaccine is developed, mass produced, and given to the population. And that’s not happening in 2020. We’re not playing football this fall. It’s pretty obvious at this point.

The scumbag lawyers have made this world base all of their decisions on liability and not logic. So guess what? No universities will assume the liability that comes with starting up sports absent a vaccine. Just too much money on the line. It’s not gonna happen.

Amateur athletics will not resume until a vaccine is developed, mass produced, and given to the population. And that’s not happening in 2020. We’re not playing football this fall. It’s pretty obvious at this point.

The scumbag lawyers have made this world base all of their decisions on liability and not logic. So guess what? No universities will assume the liability that comes with starting up sports absent a vaccine. Just too much money on the line. It’s not gonna happen.
Morgan & Morgan are four the people.

Advertisement
Back