scathing new article about the athletic department’s leadership

Blows my mind how absolutely clueless the national media is on our money situation. It’s hilarious that he talks about the trope of Miami fans thinking we have money and are overconfident, while his only support for that is his own trope of Miami not having money.
That 247 reporter has been a decent writer. He was affiliated with Auburn before he got a national slot - like Ivins. This is just a garbage article. Poorly researched (if he researched at all) Just click bait material IMO.

Advertisement
We won't get coaching competence and player development out of Mark Stoops?
Yeah I have the same question about this statement. I thought Stoops is a competent coach who recruits well, develops his player well and get them to compete very hard against SEC teams.

Last edited:
What you’ll get is an offense that doesn’t fit the personnel whatsoever, which will thus then result in a team that can’t move the ball.
You could say the same for Mario couldn’t you?

Any hire we make, their success is going to be determined by the staff they put around them.

You could say the same for Mario couldn’t you?

Any hire we make, their success is going to be determined by the staff they put around them.
Yes you could & I have, which is why I’ve been probably one of the only handful of people on the board who doesn’t want Mario or Mark...

I vehemently disagree that hiring a Power run HC would be the right move going forward, most of our fans are just looking at it from a recruiting standpoint & a personality standpoint in terms of wanting a ra ra coach who will yell at players, but I’ve stated numerous times in multiple threads, the key to our success in the future will be dependent on finding a coach who’s focus is on developing QB’s & installing a high powered offense.

Most of our fans just want a former Cane because they think that’s going to turn into recruiting success with 5-stars.

Advertisement

His last stint at a big time program just a few years ago where he got ran out of town and soured the relationship of the entire high school community in Texas?
Ok. Didn't Charlie Strong have those same issues too? I know Strong record wasn't good.

Advertisement
Back