Scale 1-10: Miami’s Chances Against Bama

Advertisement
I am trying to compare this matchup with how I felt when Miami opened with the Gaytors in 2019. It's the only thing I have that is really comparable and we kept it close in that game too. Hoping of more of the same.

Canes have a puncher's chance. This being Bama's 1st game with a lot of new pieces that may not yet be aligned. If Canes can win the turnover battle, eliminate drive killing penalties, and hopefully the defense can somewhat contain the run

Advertisement
Will we able to mount a productive running game against Bama, and slow down their ground game? If we can, a 7; if we can't do either, a 1.

King having a Manziel game is the only chance Miami has. Gonna be rough watching Bama backdoors that 18.5 and people who didn’t watch, assume it was a blowout from kick.

Advertisement
I just keep visualizing the North Carolina game from last year

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Advertisement
I am trying to compare this matchup with how I felt when Miami opened with the Gaytors in 2019. It's the only thing I have that is really comparable and we kept it close in that game too. Hoping of more of the same.

We are much better than we were then and Bama is much better than UF was then. Not much of a comparison, JMO.

Defense probably was a little more stout then from a personnel standpoint, primarily due to the LB play and Rousseau but King, Lashlee > Enos, and a much more experienced OL pushes this team over that one.

Manny Diaz being the HC makes it 1 out of 10. A quality HC and it could’ve been closer to 40/60.
A quality coach? A quality coach with our squad has a 40% chance of beating Saban? Exactly how many "quality coaches" are in existence today?

Advertisement

We are going to get whipped up front. Our WR’s should be able to create more separation this year so it should still be a little more entertaining for us than that Clemson debacle last year.

I used every ounce of self-control to keep from editing your profile from the undeserved "HIT STICK, BUST D*CK, TALK SH#T" to the much more fitting "BIG GAME, WE LAME, JUST QUIT".

You see, @IndayArtHauz and @RVACane, us Maudern Maudes can occasionally behave like Mods.

Advertisement
Back