Scale 1-10: Miami’s Chances Against Bama

Advertisement
I was thinking a 3 but I think it's how good can this offense be? If we are a touchdown better per game we have a good chance. If we're 10 pts better per game we have an elite offense and will be #2 in the country come Monday at noon.

Advertisement
A 60% chance to win correlates to a -150 Moneyline bet.

When Alabama played Ohio State for the National Championship 8 months ago, Alabama was -315 on the moneyline.

This means that Vegas gave them a 76% chance to win, and Ohio State a 24% chance to win.

So, Ohio State/Ryan Day with perennial Top 3 classes had a 24% chance to beat them. But yes, Miami's talent with a "quality HC" vs Manny Diaz would be 40%.

KrazyCane continues to be the most apt handle in the history of this site.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz being the HC makes it 1 out of 10. A quality HC and it could’ve been closer to 40/60.
Real Housewives Of Atlanta Ok GIF

I think athletically we'll be fine. But are we physical enough? Will we play with discipline and limit our mistakes? Offsides,holding,false starts,late hits and other dumb penalties need to be limited. We need to play well in special teams. If we can keep these things to a minimum are chances go up. Until I see it with my eyes I'd say our chances are at a 2. If we do the things above I'd say it goes up to a 4.

I would say 3 is fair. It's not 50-50 and even 40% seems to be too high as I don't think if we played them 100 times we would win 40 of them. 30 seems to be a good number

We have a high chance of winning this game. People are severely underestimating Bama losing so many people on O. Diaz for all his HC mistakes so far, he knows how to coach defense and for the first time at Miami barring maybe the first with Kaaya is has a good offense that he has confidence where the D wont be under pressure to give the team a chance. That means turnovers. Here is my hot take, we have the best team in the ACC....thats on both sides combined. Will the coaching match it? Left to be seen. Since we join the ACC, this will be our best chance to win it. Better than 2017 with Rosier

Advertisement
A 60% chance to win correlates to a -150 Moneyline bet.

When Alabama played Ohio State for the National Championship 8 months ago, Alabama was -315 on the moneyline.

This means that Vegas gave them a 76% chance to win, and Ohio State a 24% chance to win.

So, Ohio State/Ryan Day with perennial Top 3 classes had a 24% chance to beat them. But yes, Miami's talent with a "quality HC" vs Manny Diaz would be 40%.

KrazyCane continues to be the most apt handle in the history of this site.
I want to tease Miami up to +25.5 so bad… but I’m going to lay off….

keep my $$$ separate from my favorite team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back