SB Nation breakdown on this year's team

Advertisement
so herb waters has the best hands and was targeted the least. sounds like our brilliant coaching staff.

6-7 is a decent job? look the year he gave up the coastal and we were playing alot of fresh is one thing. even 9-4 when we started 7-0 then duke and dorsett went down plus Deon was basically injured all year. i can cut slack. 6-7 with that much talent. get out of my face.

Advertisement
Yeah, until we figure out that new coaching staff is just as bad as the last one. We need new people doing the hiring.
This time next year we should all be rejoicing in a new coaching staff.

This.

Until the athletic department is gutted and the BOT relinquishes control over athletics, expect more of the same garbage. And guess what? Chances of this happening are almost zero.

Soo... IN SHORT, the team lost all faith in the coaching staff post FSU. Will the players start the upcoming season with a negatives outlook? If so, all is most likely lost. If they start positive and push through tough losses where they know they put in max effort then maybe they get back on track. The caveat is if they feel they were poorly coached and/or "schemed" inappropriately then we got putz. At that point you can expect a new coach.

Advertisement
In the article they said Miami was the best team in the country in a 3 game stretch. Wow, that fsu lost really f_cked the season up.

Advertisement
To me it's not a question about having a "losing season" in terms of wins and losses. I don't think we'll go 6-7, 5-7, 4-8. Those are indeed losing seasons, but to me so is an 8-4 season. In year 5 we should be winning the Coastal, and pushing 10 wins. Another mediocre season is a losing season, and 8-4 is just that.
Lol, keep telling yourselves that we are going to have a losing season this year.

To me it's not a question about having a "losing season" in terms of wins and losses. I don't think we'll go 6-7, 5-7, 4-8. Those are indeed losing seasons, but to me so is an 8-4 season. In year 5 we should be winning the Coastal, and pushing 10 wins. Another mediocre season is a losing season, and 8-4 is just that.
Lol, keep telling yourselves that we are going to have a losing season this year.

I think you have the number of seasons incorrect. This is really Al Golden's second season. If they pull an 8-4, win their bowl game, and finish strong with a great Swag 16 class, you can mark this down as a successful season.

Advertisement
8-4 with a strong finish and bowl win would be a **** of a lot better than the 8-4 I see coming. I see us starting strong, then losing down the stretch with a loss in our bowl game, much like this year.

I gave Golden ample time due to the crap he walked into. I wasn't expecting a national title in year 4, or year one whichever way you look at it. I did expect us to be able to beat VT AND VIRGINIA. I did expect to be able to beat Pitt. I did expect to finish stronger than 0-4 down the stretch. Think of how differently lat season looks if our only loss down the stretch was the close game against FSU. Instead, we tanked, completely.

I think you have the number of seasons incorrect. This is really Al Golden's second season. If they pull an 8-4, win their bowl game, and finish strong with a great Swag 16 class, you can mark this down as a successful season.

Advertisement
Back