Say a what You Want Golden Evaluates Talent!

Golden is not a good coach. Never will be, his career is one of mediocrity. The fact that slurps are here making up crap is evidence enough. He has the most talent closest to him in the entire nation and can't beat UVA and Pitt. If you clowns think that's an anomoly u have some screws loose. The guy is a loser, a con artist and salesman. Sorry don't tell me about bringing in talent. Shannon brought plenty of talent in. Why? Its freaking Miami. Idiots

Advertisement
What I wanted to say about Al Gorlden is...

FVCK AL GORLDEN AND THE DORITO HE RODE IN ON!!!!

Last edited:
James Burgess
Skai Moore
Isaiah McKenzie
Quincy Wilson
Fabian Moreau
Denver Kirkland
Tarvarus McFadden
Rashad Fenton
Adrienne Talan
Ronnie Hoggins
Jalen Julius

Golden's evaluations, like everything else he does, are pure s***. And Golden/D'Onofrio didn't even want one of those guys being put into the league (Perryman) and had to be convinced by then-LB coach Michael Barrow pounding the table for the kid.

LOL every year someone makes a list like this, and every year over half the list consists of guys who are still in high school.

You don't know how any of these players are going to develop. That's kind of the point behind saying someone's a good talent evaluator.

5 of those guy are at the next level and have proven more than the guys they were taken over. Here's more examples of guys at the college level

Traveon Henry
Eddie Jackson
Rashad Robinson
Torrian Wilson
Quay Bain
John Miller
Alique Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Late to the party, but, ummm....

giphy (20).gif

Advertisement
Flowers was headed to FSU, because Golden wouldn't offer him unless he went to camp. Luckily Golden changed his mind and offered him. But, Flowers and Duke were die hard canes and wanted to be here regardless of who the coach was.

For the record I ******* can't stand Golden. But If there's one thing Golden can do its recruiting despite his coaching.How the **** does he pull kids into coming here, do they not watch games?? Also the excuse that some of these kids(for example Duke and Flowers) are Die hard cane fans that it was easy to get them here is stupid. How many die hard cane fans are playing for UF and FSU.

Flowers was headed to FSU, because Golden wouldn't offer him unless he went to camp. Luckily Golden changed his mind and offered him. But, Flowers and Duke were die hard canes and wanted to be here regardless of who the coach was.

I dunno who golden thinks he is thinking he can get a bunch of guys at those whack camps of his. I remember people giving this fool praise cause he made them affordable but what has he gotten out of it? Larry hope? A few more scrubs who shined at Goldens sorry *** camp?

Al golden Left home in black leather pants, white t shirt and Nike sandals...spotted in sanfransico 1 day later. Coicendence?

There is a key difference between simply evaluating talent, and developing it. Al does find talent, he coaches in SFL for god's sake.
Exactly. That's like praising someone who lives at the North Pole for his ability to find snow. The question is can he build an igloo with it ... and in Al's case that's a big f'ing NO. I doubt he could build a 6" snowman.

Advertisement
For the record I ****ing can't stand Golden. But If there's one thing Golden can do its recruiting despite his coaching.How the **** does he pull kids into coming here, do they not watch games?? Also the excuse that some of these kids(for example Duke and Flowers) are Die hard cane fans that it was easy to get them here is stupid. How many die hard cane fans are playing for UF and FSU.

Duke didn't even commit to him.

How hard is it to watch Dorsett, Duke, Flowers, Chick, McDermott, etc. and not offer them?

I will give him credit for gunter (although he was misused here) and Walford (Scott brought him along nicely. I forgot feliciano's story but I'm sure Coach Macho can tell it. He may fall under this category as well.

He should get negative credit for perryman. Barrow had to convince him and Coach D to take perryman.

He still has too many misses on guys taken and too many misses on guys not taken. Despite his shortcomings as an evalutator, he had the most talent in the coastal and second most in the ACC. And he went 6-7. Doesn't matter if you have 22 first round draft picks on your team if you go 6-7 in the coastal. Bottom line

Walford, Feliciano and McDermott were all Shannon signees.

Advertisement
Who exactly did he evaluate?

Perryman? They didn't want him.
Feliciano? Shannon recruit. Kid recruited himself to Miami.
Walford? Isn't he a Shannon recruit as well?
Flowers? Give me a break. That kid's a no-brainer. You're completely inept if you don't recruit him.
Dorsett? Really? What kind of expert evaluation did that kid need? Fastest kid in South FLA and played at STA.
Chickillo? Shannon recruit. And they ruined his career.
Gunter? Big athletic CB who's local schools didn't want him. Decent player. Nothing more.

How 'bout the kids Golden "evaluated" but didn't offer who go onto other colleges and ball out?

Or how 'bout the ones he "evaluated" and deemed "Miami caliber" only to come here and transfer after 2 years? Hope, Dortch, Dillard, etc.

YOU DON'T GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING NO-BRAINERS! YOU GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING "UNDER THE RADAR" STUDS FROM YOUR PRIMARY RECRUITING GROUND. (like a Feliciano)

One fair point that you make is that Golden hasn't developed the mid/low tier guys very well. The upper-tier guys I disagree with you, we have more draft picks than we've had since the Coker admin when we were pulling every 5 star in the country.

Next year's defense, for example, might have FIVE players drafted in the 2016 draft using NBC's current mock draft projections.

You can't really ***** about that.

Where you're 100% right to ***** is why the **** do we have so many Larry Hope's, Nate Dortch's, Danny Dillards.... lower tier kids who are just not Miami material or who never developed in to it.

That's been a real problem in the Golden regime, in addition to his problems with scheme and gameday coaching which we all know too ******* well.

All I can hope, and at this point it's just blind optimism because who ******* knows.... kids like Hope, Dortch, Dillard all came from that 2012 group. That was right before our NCAA **** blew up and before we received sanctions. Maybe they reached on some kids just to sign full classes in case the NCAA came down hard on us.

IDK man.

The higher tier guys are easier to evaluate. That's why he has a higher success rate with those kids.

Where a coach's true evaluation skills come into play is with kids like Hope, Dortch, Dillard, etc.

Evaluation skills come into play when you're choosing between Braxton Berrios and Isaih McKenzie.

Evaluation skills come into play when you're choosing between Larry Hope and Fabian Moreau.

Etc etc etc...

You don't get brownie points for sending guys to the NFL from Miami.

Our team's backyard is the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.

Gimme a break.

Advertisement
Larry Coker and Randy Shannon sent dozens upons dozens of kids into the pros.

Does that mean they should have been retained????

This team is his guys and when he was hit with sanctions and he is still putting more guys in the NFL then the last 10 years. Crazy to think that!

How many kids that he recruited have left the program?

Not 5. Not 10. Not 15. Not 20. Not 25.

30+.

2011 (21)
Jalen Grimble
Junior Alexis
Ricardo Williams
Eddie Johnson
Gionni Paul
Antonio Kinard
Thomas Finnie
Dequan Ivery
Jacoby Briscoe
Dwayne Hoilett
Danny Dillard
Gabe Terry
David Thompson
Jawand Blue
Josh Witt
Preston Dewey
Jontavious Carter
Angelo Jean-Louis
Larry Hope
Robert Lockhart
Vernon Davis
Nate Dortch

2012 (5)
Beau Sandland
Alex Figueroa
Kevin Olsen
Ray Lewis lll
Ryheem Lockley

2013 (1)
Kiy Hester

Is this thread serious right now?

LOL that's what I was thinking.

Thinking is good. The op's observation is correct. Lots of talent on the team with more coming.

So if talent is not the issue......think

Unless AG learns to adapt, to change, adjust, be flexible, and requires (allows) his staff to do likewise. He has shown little propensity or ability in this area, it's his biggest flaw. Pretty sure he won't.

His stay is just about over.

That's why it's important to have even more more talent on the roster. It highlights the core problem and it better preps the team for the next coach.

Advertisement
Back