Say a what You Want Golden Evaluates Talent!

Canecanecane

Freshman
This team is his guys and when he was hit with sanctions and he is still putting more guys in the NFL then the last 10 years. Crazy to think that!

Advertisement
I would rather be dominant in college with lower representation in the NFL.

There is a key difference between simply evaluating talent, and developing it. Al does find talent, he coaches in SFL for god's sake.

Advertisement
James Burgess
Skai Moore
Isaiah McKenzie
Quincy Wilson
Fabian Moreau
Denver Kirkland
Tarvarus McFadden
Rashad Fenton
Adrienne Talan
Ronnie Hoggins
Jalen Julius

Golden's evaluations, like everything else he does, are pure s***. And Golden/D'Onofrio didn't even want one of those guys being put into the league (Perryman) and had to be convinced by then-LB coach Michael Barrow pounding the table for the kid.

Advertisement
James Burgess
Skai Moore
Isaiah McKenzie
Quincy Wilson
Fabian Moreau
Denver Kirkland
Tarvarus McFadden
Rashad Fenton
Adrienne Talan
Ronnie Hoggins
Jalen Julius

Golden's evaluations, like everything else he does, are pure s***. And Golden/D'Onofrio didn't even want one of those guys being put into the league (Perryman) and had to be convinced by then-LB coach Michael Barrow pounding the table for the kid.

I was going to go there, but I couldn't remember all of the players that Golden crapped on.

Can't discard the fact that golden is putting 8 or 9 guys in the draft with the only four star or higher guys only being Duke and flowers.... He develops period as shown in this draft class and by the amount of young quality players on the roster. It's just the fact that he is a horrible gameday coach which in large part is due to his scheme preferences and philosophy. If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period..... With golden. Not a golden fan one bit... I just realized he is not being fired before this next season...

Last edited:
Can't discard the fact that golden is putting 8 or 9 guys in the draft with the only four star or higher guys only being Duke and flowers.... He develops period as shown in this draft class and by the amount of young quality players on the roster. It's just the fact that he is a horrible gameday coach which in large part is due to his scheme preferences and philosophy. If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period..... With golden. Not a golden one bit... I just realized he is not being fired before this next season...

Good point...NFL Cut lists are filled with guys drafted in the later rounds.

Saben is just off the stage, shaking the hands of his 1st and second rounders...

Fataweenie Alfredo, Practice Squad Guru!

Advertisement
If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period

F1uhWLP.gif

If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period

F1uhWLP.gif

F1uhWLP.gif

F1uhWLP.gif

F1uhWLP.gif

Advertisement
How hard is it to watch Dorsett, Duke, Flowers, Chick, McDermott, etc. and not offer them?

I will give him credit for gunter (although he was misused here) and Walford (Scott brought him along nicely. I forgot feliciano's story but I'm sure Coach Macho can tell it. He may fall under this category as well.

He should get negative credit for perryman. Barrow had to convince him and Coach D to take perryman.

He still has too many misses on guys taken and too many misses on guys not taken. Despite his shortcomings as an evalutator, he had the most talent in the coastal and second most in the ACC. And he went 6-7. Doesn't matter if you have 22 first round draft picks on your team if you go 6-7 in the coastal. Bottom line

The guy definitely has a dynamic personality that young men gravitate towards. His first 4 years here he had legit excuses for why he cannot actually win football games against good teams. Now, he's out of excuses. He now has to sell kids on himself. We'll see how it plays out.

No offense. But I could be a great evaluator of talent in SoFla. The question is can I bullsh*t recruits into coming to my school. Fat *** is a great bullsh*ter, not a great "finder of talent!" It's like finding the clap in a ***** house....it's not that hard!

This team is his guys and when he was hit with sanctions and he is still putting more guys in the NFL then the last 10 years. Crazy to think that!

How many kids that he recruited have left the program?

Not 5. Not 10. Not 15. Not 20. Not 25.

30+.

Advertisement
Back