Say a what You Want Golden Evaluates Talent!

"Al evaluates talent"...."puts players into NFL"....please. He coaches and recruits in south florida. Thats like going to a ***** house, getting laid, and then saying you got game.

Advertisement
forgot the corner that went to Oklahoma from the FTL area, Keith Brown (didn't play the game), travis rudolph (wanted him at DB), and the list goes on.

Can't discard the fact that golden is putting 8 or 9 guys in the draft with the only four star or higher guys only being Duke and flowers.... He develops period as shown in this draft class and by the amount of young quality players on the roster. It's just the fact that he is a horrible gameday coach which in large part is due to his scheme preferences and philosophy. If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period..... With golden. Not a golden fan one bit... I just realized he is not being fired before this next season...

Hmm you left out Chick in the 4 and 5 stars, but counted him as the overall group.

3 stars in Miami are as good if not better than 4 and some 5 stars in most states.

Golden doesn't have success stories on the 4 and 5 stars, because he's busy ruining their careers.

Advertisement
Can't discard the fact that golden is putting 8 or 9 guys in the draft with the only four star or higher guys only being Duke and flowers.... He develops period as shown in this draft class and by the amount of young quality players on the roster. It's just the fact that he is a horrible gameday coach which in large part is due to his scheme preferences and philosophy. If he adapts to a miami coaching style- quick scoring prostyle offense and 4-3 agressive one gap defense we win big period..... With golden. Not a golden fan one bit... I just realized he is not being fired before this next season...

Hmm you left out Chick in the 4 and 5 stars, but counted him as the overall group.

3 stars in Miami are as good if not better than 4 and some 5 stars in most states.

Golden doesn't have success stories on the 4 and 5 stars, because he's busy ruining their careers.

Where's your proof that 3 stars in Miami are "as good if not better than 4 and 5 stars in most states?"

The numbers disagree with that big time.

What some of you need to realize is that it's possible to think Al Golden is not a good gameday coach, to not think he's the right fit for Miami, to think that his scheme is not a good fit for the athletes down here, while at the same time giving him credit for the things he does well.

Al Golden does evaluate and develop talent well. The numbers back that up. Not opinions, not emotions, just pure numbers and FACTS.

Give him credit for the things he deserves credit for, and criticize him for the things he deserves to be criticized for. This "all or none" mentality that some of you have makes it hard to take you seriously. Calm down.

Almost 50% of the kids Folden has recruited has not made a single impact on this team
The kids that are talented and grew up wanting to play for miami are being drafted not the

Earl moore, sunny, I mean I could go on for ever don't give me that bull ****

Who exactly did he evaluate?

Perryman? They didn't want him.
Feliciano? Shannon recruit. Kid recruited himself to Miami.
Walford? Isn't he a Shannon recruit as well?
Flowers? Give me a break. That kid's a no-brainer. You're completely inept if you don't recruit him.
Dorsett? Really? What kind of expert evaluation did that kid need? Fastest kid in South FLA and played at STA.
Chickillo? Shannon recruit. And they ruined his career.
Gunter? Big athletic CB who's local schools didn't want him. Decent player. Nothing more.

How 'bout the kids Golden "evaluated" but didn't offer who go onto other colleges and ball out?

Or how 'bout the ones he "evaluated" and deemed "Miami caliber" only to come here and transfer after 2 years? Hope, Dortch, Dillard, etc.

YOU DON'T GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING NO-BRAINERS! YOU GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING "UNDER THE RADAR" STUDS FROM YOUR PRIMARY RECRUITING GROUND. (like a Feliciano)

Where's your proof that 3 stars in Miami are "as good if not better than 4 and 5 stars in most states?"

The numbers disagree with that big time.

What some of you need to realize is that it's possible to think Al Golden is not a good gameday coach, to not think he's the right fit for Miami, to think that his scheme is not a good fit for the athletes down here, while at the same time giving him credit for the things he does well.

Al Golden does evaluate and develop talent well. The numbers back that up. Not opinions, not emotions, just pure numbers and FACTS.

Give him credit for the things he deserves credit for, and criticize him for the things he deserves to be criticized for. This "all or none" mentality that some of you have makes it hard to take you seriously. Calm down.

We've had more failure 4 and 5 stars under Golden than we've had success. Even worse is that those guys then go into the league and do well. Seantrel already comes to mind. Chick will be one. Howard is going to be one. That's 3 5 star players (Chick is 4-5 depending on the site) that are going way below value. The only thing saving Chick at this point is he worked his *** off and is using every opportunity to show scout he's better than Miami let him be. He is a 3rd generation player so I'm sure he can get help from the fam. Seantrel and Howard will both end up as UFA.

There are very few players under Al who actually look any better from day 1 until draft day. They get BIGGER and that's about it. Denzel and Duke are not much different from when they arrived on campus, just bigger. Howard looks worse with each season. He does have a couple 3 star guys like Gunter who got better, but generally players like that tend to be raw and have room for improvement.

As far as our lower star players being better, take a look around at 4-5 stars that come out of states outside of the big ones (Cali, Florida, Texas) and see how many of them live up to that 4-5 star or end up drafted high. Florida 3 stars still usually end up pretty well simply because they are playing real competition from their high school days.

Keep kissing Al's ***, but he's shown nothing to me at this point to show he is some great developer of talent. I would give him credit for his recruiting ability before anything else, but his talent development is on par with his gameday coaching in my eyes.

This is not an all or nothing emotional feeling about Al. This is how I've felt about Al ever since year 3 when I saw highly rated recruits making the same mistakes as day 1, often looking worse than day 1, still not understanding basic fundamentals and wrapping up players. I'll take Randy's "flying around" development any over Al's Just gain weight and the rest will take care of itself development.

Advertisement

Flowers? Give me a break. That kid's a no-brainer. You're completely inept if you don't recruit him.
Dorsett? Really? What kind of expert evaluation did that kid need? Fastest kid in South FLA and played at STA.
Gunter? Big athletic CB who's local schools didn't want him. Decent player. Nothing more.

How 'bout the kids Golden "evaluated" but didn't offer who go onto other colleges and ball out?

Or how 'bout the ones he "evaluated" and deemed "Miami caliber" only to come here and transfer after 2 years? Hope, Dortch, Dillard, etc.

YOU DON'T GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING NO-BRAINERS! YOU GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR SIGNING "UNDER THE RADAR" STUDS FROM YOUR PRIMARY RECRUITING GROUND. (like a Feliciano)

Dorsett was also a Shannon recruit who was a commitment before shannon was fired.

James Burgess
Skai Moore
Isaiah McKenzie
Quincy Wilson
Fabian Moreau
Denver Kirkland
Tarvarus McFadden
Rashad Fenton
Adrienne Talan
Ronnie Hoggins
Jalen Julius

Golden's evaluations, like everything else he does, are pure s***. And Golden/D'Onofrio didn't even want one of those guys being put into the league (Perryman) and had to be convinced by then-LB coach Michael Barrow pounding the table for the kid.

LOL every year someone makes a list like this, and every year over half the list consists of guys who are still in high school.

You don't know how any of these players are going to develop. That's kind of the point behind saying someone's a good talent evaluator.

One fair point that you make is that Golden hasn't developed the mid/low tier guys very well. The upper-tier guys I disagree with you, we have more draft picks than we've had since the Coker admin when we were pulling every 5 star in the country.

Next year's defense, for example, might have FIVE players drafted in the 2016 draft using NBC's current mock draft projections.

You can't really ***** about that.

Where you're 100% right to ***** is why the **** do we have so many Larry Hope's, Nate Dortch's, Danny Dillards.... lower tier kids who are just not Miami material or who never developed in to it.

That's been a real problem in the Golden regime, in addition to his problems with scheme and gameday coaching which we all know too ******* well.

All I can hope, and at this point it's just blind optimism because who ******* knows.... kids like Hope, Dortch, Dillard all came from that 2012 group. That was right before our NCAA **** blew up and before we received sanctions. Maybe they reached on some kids just to sign full classes in case the NCAA came down hard on us.

IDK man.

DEVELOP?!? How about developing: a winning record; a winning game plan; halftime adjustments; any adjustments.

Advertisement
How hard is it to watch Dorsett, Duke, Flowers, Chick, McDermott, etc. and not offer them?

I will give him credit for gunter (although he was misused here) and Walford (Scott brought him along nicely. I forgot feliciano's story but I'm sure Coach Macho can tell it. He may fall under this category as well.

He should get negative credit for perryman. Barrow had to convince him and Coach D to take perryman.

He still has too many misses on guys taken and too many misses on guys not taken. Despite his shortcomings as an evalutator, he had the most talent in the coastal and second most in the ACC. And he went 6-7. Doesn't matter if you have 22 first round draft picks on your team if you go 6-7 in the coastal. Bottom line

Walford was a Randy recruit

Dorsett, Chick, Walford, Duke, AND DP were all guys that were Miami commits before and regardless of Al ******* Golden.

Not a coincidence that those four plus Duke's no brainer elite stud OL high school teammate will be the first drafted from the U.

I would rather be dominant in college with lower representation in the NFL.

Well if you wanna do I ate in college the way miami needs to then you need NFL players. I haven't seen any national championship teams with little to no NFL talent. If you wanna be elite you will have NFL talent by default..

Advertisement

The only pure golden guys on that list are flowers and Gunter. The rest are Shannon guys or coming here even if a well trained chimp was named hc.

Golden is a bich who rides a unicycle down the jersey turn like with the kick stand s.tuck up his ***

Dorsett committed to Randy, Chickillo is a legacy, the rumor is that Barrow had to hold a gun to Golden's head to offer Perryman despite everyone knowing he was a stud, Duke is Duke you dont have to be JJ to spot him, Walford was also a Shannon guy..

Exactly which one of these dudes was a diamond in the rough that Golden turned into a superstar?

This team is his guys and when he was hit with sanctions and he is still putting more guys in the NFL then the last 10 years. Crazy to think that!

No.

He's not making any genius evaluations. He landed good players who met their potential in spite of him. His team is littered with his awful reaches and misses all the while a lot of the blue chip players he got undeveloped and the blue chippers he missed on go on to be stars at other schools and first day picks.

He's had a lot more misses than hits on the under the radar guys which is where elite evaluations are done. Al Golden is the furthest thing from an elite evaluator or developer.

Go to bed, Kelly.

Last edited:
How is he a great evaluator of talent when the majority of the NFL draft prospects committed to RS. PD, Chick, Duke, Feliciano, Walford, McDermot all committed to RS? According to rumors, he did sign off on Perryman after Barrow begged him. He did bring in Flowers and Gunter but the rest committed to RS. It took him like 3 years to realize we needed some speed at wideout. And we still lack in that area with the exception of Coley and Berrios.

And why are we crediting him with draft selections? RS led the ncaa with draft selections in 2010 and guess what? He was fired after going 7-5. He had like 8 selections. Which proved he underachieved. He wasn't celebrated and neither should Golden.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back