saw this on twitter - Coach Swasey Related

Advertisement
If you think Swasey is the problem. You're an idiot.

Swasey has been a huge problem in THREE DIFFERENT FAILED REGIMES.

Go look at the credentials of S and C coaches at most big time schools and compare that to Swasey's.

Not on Swasey. Falls on the coaches. He is building the players to what the coach wants and their desired weights. Our players are as fast and as big as any. Our coaches aren't putting them in the right situation to succeed with their schemes. Sorry but like I said earlier if you believe he is the problem then you don't know what's going on.

True.... Sean taylor, Andre Johnson, willis McGahee, Jon vilma, Clinton ports... Etc he trained them all.... He is one of the main reasons they come back to the U in the offseason to train.....

I'm on the fence with Swasey. There are myriad examples of Canes who underperform here and then test well and perform well in their first year in the league. The latter doesn't happen simply because an NFL S&C corch got ahold of them for a few weeks. I think the dude understands the traditional Miami player and how to motivate and prepare them for the league. I think his deficiency lies in his antiquated and minimal knowledge of sports science.

Advertisement
True.... Sean taylor, Andre Johnson, willis McGahee, Jon vilma, Clinton ports... Etc he trained them all.... He is one of the main reasons they come back to the U in the offseason to train.....

Name all the Lineman that comeback and train with him. I'll wait.

He's good for speed and agility. That's about it.

Go look at the credentials of S and C coaches at most big time schools and compare that to Swasey's.

Not on Swasey. Falls on the coaches. He is building the players to what the coach wants and their desired weights. Our players are as fast and as big as any. Our coaches aren't putting them in the right situation to succeed with their schemes. Sorry but like I said earlier if you believe he is the problem then you don't know what's going on.

Our players are terribly conditioned.

Our big men are slow and fat. They were like that under Coker and Randy as well. There's more to being and S and C coach than just getting kids at the right weight. Can he build mass while INCREASING explosion?

Again, this guy has been here for not one, not two, but THREE failed coaching staffs. It's lonnnng overdue that he should be kicked to the curb with the rest of them.

Jesus ******* Christ not this nonsense for the 1000000th time these guys are all from Miami. That's where they grew up and live in the offseason. If Swasey wasn't here, THEYD STILL COME TO UM TO TRAIN.

Cats were coming back to UM in the offseason A DECADE BEFORE SWASEY ARRIVED.

Learn your history, learn about the players, THEN talk.

Jesus ****ing Christ not this nonsense for the 1000000th time these guys are all from Miami. That's where they grew up and live in the offseason. If Swasey wasn't here, THEYD STILL COME TO UM TO TRAIN.

haha....so where were Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen, Devin Hester, Jimmy Graham, Reggie Wayne, Edge, Jeremy Shockey, Ray Lewis from? They aren't from Miami and they would train there. That's just a couple of people that I can think of just of the top of my head. I am sure there are tons more.

Advertisement
is it chicken or egg.

slurpers say keep Swasey because of the former greats coming back to work out over the summer.

but is it because Swasey is that good or is it just due to sentimental reason for return?

Our players are terribly conditioned.

Our big men are slow and fat. They were like that under Coker and Randy as well. There's more to being and S and C coach than just getting kids at the right weight. Can he build mass while INCREASING explosion?

Again, this guy has been here for not one, not two, but THREE failed coaching staffs. It's lonnnng overdue that he should be kicked to the curb with the rest of them.

You're like reasoning with a petulant child.
You don't know siht about the conditioning level of Miami's players, you just like to squawk.
Oregons players looked fit and trim and ran a train on FSU, then subsequently got beat down by OSU's "fatter" lineman.
Gee, think maybe it's a reflection of schemes and TOP???

Jesus ****ing Christ not this nonsense for the 1000000th time these guys are all from Miami. That's where they grew up and live in the offseason. If Swasey wasn't here, THEYD STILL COME TO UM TO TRAIN.

haha....so where were Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen, Devin Hester, Jimmy Graham, Reggie Wayne, Edge, Jeremy Shockey, Ray Lewis from? They aren't from Miami and they would train there. That's just a couple of people that I can think of just of the top of my head. I am sure there are tons more.

This is singlehandedly the ******* dumbest argument I constantly hear. Good god. These guys get elite training all year long. Who gives a **** if they come train in Miami? You think that's Swasey? That's ******* hilarious.

If NFL players truly thought he was elite, he would be working in the NFL or have his own company by now.

They come to train in Miami because it's ******* Miami.

People stop with this stupid urban legend bull****. Swasey sucks. Coaches suck. The whole thing sucks. It's everyones fault.

Advertisement
Swasey has been the one and only constant in our 10-year run of mediocrity. We've changed head coaches, coordinators, systems, schemes, ADs, stadiums, and even conferences. But the one thing that has stayed in place this whole time is Swasey. I think it's time to try something different.

B7ywGLvIQAAbZaY.jpg

Advertisement
Swaseys has somehow managed to make a fortune without even having a degree in his field. Only at Miami lol.

This!!!
I don't know if Swassey is good or bad at his job. I'm not qualified to say.
I just hate when people say players come back because of Swassey.
Players were coming back WAY before Swassey.
We were famous for it WAY before Swassey.

Advertisement
Back