Savion Collins VS Leonard Taylor

No doubt but you know what I mean in the sense they stack up to where they arent hurting and have to throw someone out there before they are ready because a starter is underperforming or lack of QUALITY upperclassmen depth.
No I get ya....

That’s why schools like LSU, Bama and now even Clemson look so enticing to recruits because you’ve seen waves and waves of quality Dline dominate and be high round draft picks for a decade...

I think we’re getting their on the edge with the type of recruiting we’re doing... DT level could improve that would be great

Advertisement
These guys both have the skills to play at the next level. I want them both especially bc they played together and they have chemistry, so it will work better for them if they played together. My question is who would you take if you could only have one? I like Leonard You could put him anywhere on the line. Collins main position is DT with his size and strength he could move olineman out the way for yrs to come.
@Liberty City El what's ur take on Leonard Taylor? I'm assuming you've seen him play. Maybe he's impressive in person. Looks like **** struggle unless he develops a tool box at the next level. I want my dts to be either explosive or have great handwork while being physically superior. To me looks like he's lazy. But I did only watch a couple minutes of highlights. His get off is my main problem. When he does that against legit tackles they're just gonna get into him before he heads up field. Takes his size outta the equation.

No only that but we only signed one this year in Roberts and he's only 250 and lean,no guarantee he's going to put on enough weight to contribute for a couple years.he could be like Blissett who may never grow into a DT.We need numbers there.
Especially if Mandy keeps him doing Zumba throughout the year on the sideline. Kinda tough to gain wait when he's steady burning calories having dance offs...

I'd drop Collins for Haye

You have lost your ever loving last mind to even consider that statement. DT Savion Collins is a future War Daddy, were as DT Allan Haye is a nice developmental quality player. You keep them both, hands down in addition to adding Taylor.

Go Canes

@Liberty City El what's ur take on Leonard Taylor? I'm assuming you've seen him play. Maybe he's impressive in person. Looks like **** struggle unless he develops a tool box at the next level. I want my dts to be either explosive or have great handwork while being physically superior. To me looks like he's lazy. But I did only watch a couple minutes of highlights. His get off is my main problem. When he does that against legit tackles they're just gonna get into him before he heads up field. Takes his size outta the equation.

Taylor will play inside at the next level so he won't be playing against Tackles, but instead OC/OG's. As for his hands, Taylor is reportedly a black belt so his hands fighting should be elite, which is reportedly what Taylor has shown when he is engaged with olinemen.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I'll put in my 2 cents seeing as I've seen him live countless times. He needs to put on around 20lbs very well built bottom half needs to get stronger. As far as play he has a bad habit of shooting chest forward and then using hands which gets him stuck on the line. He know how to use his hands and can find gaps easy. Has the tools to be super productive his biggest thing imo is getting stronger

Roberts was in the 250’s because of basketball. The kid will be 265-270 in no time. Anyone that thinks he won’t be on the field by his rs Fr / soph year is sniffing glue. Tbh there’s no time table that would surprise me.

When he gets in a college s&c system you’ll see just how much basketball kept his weight down. Kid is an absolute monster , he single handily destroyed double teams and mauled sfla ol’s.

One of the most underrated kids I’ve seen down there.

Taylor will play inside at the next level so he won't be playing against Tackles, but instead OC/OG's. As for his hands, Taylor is reportedly a black belt so his hands fighting should be elite, which is reportedly what Taylor has shown when he is engaged with olinemen.

Go Canes

Gaurds are the stronger of the two but have shorter arms. That plays into him some because it gives him time to get out of his stance a lil easier. Far as hands like I said I want my dts to be explosive OR have great hands AND be physically superior. The fact that youre saying he's a black belt says alot for him so he'll have good technique however he doesn't seem physically superior. Again this was an opinion based on a few minutes of highlights. It's why I asked someone I figured may have seen him play. Certainly not trying to knock the kid. Just don't see what's so impressive about the kid. NOW he's more physically put together than the lineman he's going against. Seems to have a very impressive frame for highschool. However alot of kids like that (those kind of frames at such a young age)they peak when it relates to their build soon after. Has anyone heard seen the kids parents? Maybe he's got a monster bloodline. Allen was the same way when he got here. Didn't grow out much more after though. Again not trying to argue something I sure the **** don't know. Never seen the kid in persona s of now. The people that have seen him I'd love to hear their take.

I'll put in my 2 cents seeing as I've seen him live countless times. He needs to put on around 20lbs very well built bottom half needs to get stronger. As far as play he has a bad habit of shooting chest forward and then using hands which gets him stuck on the line. He know how to use his hands and can find gaps easy. Has the tools to be super productive his biggest thing imo is getting stronger
Thats what I noticed about him. You can tell he hasn't been coached up properly. Cause he doesn't explode at all from the lil I saw out of his stance. He goes upright. Which is why you say leads with his chest. He needs to learn to stay low and explode forward. If he has hands like someone just told me(blackbelt apparently)then he'll be okay with good coaching. He's just never gonna be one of those kids who eats steady in the backfield. I wouldn't have guessed he wasn't put together well with his upper body. Seems solid. Will be interesting to watch him develop long as he goes somewhere with a solid coach.

Advertisement
Roberts was in the 250’s because of basketball. The kid will be 265-270 in no time. Anyone that thinks he won’t be on the field by his rs Fr / soph year is sniffing glue. Tbh there’s no time table that would surprise me.

When he gets in a college s&c system you’ll see just how much basketball kept his weight down. Kid is an absolute monster , he single handily destroyed double teams and mauled sfla ol’s.

One of the most underrated kids I’ve seen down there.
I agree with his build. Kid told me himself last year his regular playwright for football is 272. That fluctuating weight so heavy like that at his age no bueno. I think he's gonna be **** good. The south floriduh oline part isn't too impressive though by the way. Most lineman down here are more eager to get a plate of mofongo than block someone in front of them. That's why our oline lacks coaching and gets here so behind the curve. We put an emphasis on local kids. Go get some of these farm bread big boned kids and watch how good the lineplay gets.

Especially if Mandy keeps him doing Zumba throughout the year on the sideline. Kinda tough to gain wait when he's steady burning calories having dance offs...
Last I read Jalar Holley is down to 215 but will shortly be releasing the much-anticipated "Dancing King." Billboard here we come...

Thats what I noticed about him. You can tell he hasn't been coached up properly. Cause he doesn't explode at all from the lil I saw out of his stance. He goes upright. Which is why you say leads with his chest. He needs to learn to stay low and explode forward. If he has hands like someone just told me(blackbelt apparently)then he'll be okay with good coaching. He's just never gonna be one of those kids who eats steady in the backfield. I wouldn't have guessed he wasn't put together well with his upper body. Seems solid. Will be interesting to watch him develop long as he goes somewhere with a solid coach.
His upper body is small but his lower body is that of a lineman. He made a mistake of not staying with pj cooney to be his coach. I would say his best pad level was when he was at ridge and he still struggled there but he would keep low pads even when he broke free.

I agree with his build. Kid told me himself last year his regular playwright for football is 272. That fluctuating weight so heavy like that at his age no bueno. I think he's gonna be **** good. The south floriduh oline part isn't too impressive though by the way. Most lineman down here are more eager to get a plate of mofongo than block someone in front of them. That's why our oline lacks coaching and gets here so behind the curve. We put an emphasis on local kids. Go get some of these farm bread big boned kids and watch how good the lineplay gets.

#bigthighsmakebiglives those Mamita's making that mofongo are very nice an tend to be right up my alley.

Go Canes
#ChubbyGirlsCuddleBetter

Advertisement
Gaurds are the stronger of the two but have shorter arms. That plays into him some because it gives him time to get out of his stance a lil easier. Far as hands like I said I want my dts to be explosive OR have great hands AND be physically superior. The fact that youre saying he's a black belt says alot for him so he'll have good technique however he doesn't seem physically superior. Again this was an opinion based on a few minutes of highlights. It's why I asked someone I figured may have seen him play. Certainly not trying to knock the kid. Just don't see what's so impressive about the kid. NOW he's more physically put together than the lineman he's going against. Seems to have a very impressive frame for highschool. However alot of kids like that (those kind of frames at such a young age)they peak when it relates to their build soon after. Has anyone heard seen the kids parents? Maybe he's got a monster bloodline. Allen was the same way when he got here. Didn't grow out much more after though. Again not trying to argue something I sure the **** don't know. Never seen the kid in persona s of now. The people that have seen him I'd love to hear their take.

I agree with you about his frame maybe an issue. Here is Taylor in the middle and DT Allan Haye behind him at The miami camp this spring.

Taylor Photo.jpg

Go Canes

I agree with you about his frame maybe an issue. Here is Taylor in the middle and DT Allan Haye behind him at The miami camp this spring.

Taylor Photo.jpg

Go Canes
Now I feel worse about him at tackle. Doesn't have the frame to put on alot of weight. Look how narrow his shoulders are. For a dt that would work me. **** obviously fill out when he gets in a weight room and on a meal plan. But to be a dominant tackle you need alot of things going on.

Now I feel worse about him at tackle. Doesn't have the frame to put on alot of weight. Look how narrow his shoulders are. For a dt that would work me. **** obviously fill out when he gets in a weight room and on a meal plan. But to be a dominant tackle you need alot of things going on.

You want your DT to look like this
7d36b24221cc1697c5ddf59f745af697.jpg

Or 2021 DT Payton Page who committed to Clemson who is 6'4" 360lbs ( he is the one without the hat). UM is in a arms race on the LOS/dline an taking DE's an adding weight to them is outdated. We need already big boys that can run.

48706913272_be9cb46099_b.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Does he look like he should be a DE in a 3-4?

You want your DT to look like this
7d36b24221cc1697c5ddf59f745af697.jpg

Or 2021 DT Payton Page who committed to Clemson who is 6'4" 360lbs ( he is the one without the hat). UM is in a arms race on the LOS/dline an taking DE's an adding weight to them is outdated. We need already big boys that can run.

48706913272_be9cb46099_b.jpg

Go Canes
I've tried to explain this to people on here before. Certain positions really take a long term relationship to capitalize on far more than others. QBs & dt you gotta show u invested in for the long term. Next two that require a commitment is oline & corners. If I keep on chiming in some dipshyt prick on here will say I'm just talking **** about the staff. We just go about alot of things backwards. Guess it is what it is.

I've tried to explain this to people on here before. Certain positions really take a long term relationship to capitalize on far more than others. QBs & dt you gotta show u invested in for the long term. Next two that require a commitment is oline & corners. If I keep on chiming in some dipshyt prick on here will say I'm just talking **** about the staff. We just go about alot of things backwards. Guess it is what it is.

Hope I'm not that dypshyt prick. But I have to admit I kind of liked Simpson, and so far like Stroud. I hear what you're saying. Where's our Big Vince? But we do have some kids with that body type, especially Miller. Ford, Nesta and Holley all also meet your criteria. And Roberts has the frame. Hard to find a big boy with that explosiveness, though, so I do see why they'll take a McIntosh or Roberts or Blissett and try to move them inside sometimes. Need to have that mix, because only half the kids, if that, end up panning out.

Advertisement
Back